British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Greg

Buxton Hitman 2014

As far as I know, Webster isn't in Buxton's 1-7, he was just riding in the (postponed) meeting at Stoke. This year, more so than any recent seasons, riders have been hard to come by with less being available and the rest going where more money is on offer. Buxton have been in this position before and it is up to the supporters to 'support' them rather than moan about something out of the promoter's control. I'd rather Buxton put a team out like the one named so far than blow all their money on a 'better' team and close the doors for good at the end of the season.

• Like 5

Buxton have signed Berwick`s Stefan Farnaby for their 2014 season.

Great to see another NJL prospect get a chance a NL level. Stefan has made great progress over the last year.

• Like 1

Coming up today for the first fixture, hoping for some good speedway, any idea of the teams yet, like to know who Im watching, not followed it much, being a Brummies supporter had my own worries.

Well I know Buxton have a new Press Officer, Im waiting to see if he includes the BSF in his press releases,

Well I know Buxton have a new Press Officer, Im waiting to see if he includes the BSF in his press releases,

I see that Buxton have a new team manager with the loss of Jack Lee to Birminham. Is she going to be in the pits from the word go like a good manager or still be in the pay booth for most of the meeting

I see that Buxton have a new team manager with the loss of Jack Lee to Birminham. Is she going to be in the pits from the word go like a good manager or still be in the pay booth for most of the meeting

'She' is not in the pay booth for most of the meeting but needs must as no money in means no speedway.

'She' is not in the pay booth for most of the meeting but needs must as no money in means no speedway.

Jayne I can see and agree money need to be collected at the gate. But I still say that the team manager should be in the pits right from before warm up till meeting is closed by the referee

It is dangerous for the well being of the club and demoralising for the riders to have so few paying public at Buxton. This club needs more support or I fear it could be lost. That would be a huge tragedy given the amount of top quality riders who have been reared there in the past.

Speedway at Buxton is always a spectacle, exciting, different and raw in wonderful surroundings.

Deano's airfence meeting shows how many people can find their way there, it would be wonderful to see a crowd that large at every home meeting.

It is a shame that almost third of the spectators yesterday were watching for free from the stock car stadium, maybe Jayne could make a few programmes available in the stock cars for folk to buy?

Who knows, if they enjoy the bikes (and I know some who do) and become familiar with the riders (by making sure they can hear the trackside and box commentary) some of them may be tempted into the speedway meetings?

I cant remember who it was, it was some time ago, but during one of the meeting when the stocks were on a bloke was shouting up to the stocks people and selling them programmes. We watched this from the back straight and thought it was a good idea it looked like he sold about 4 or 5 with people coming down the bank to pay for them.

When the fixtures clash, would it be possible to ask the people running the stocks to sell some progs and perhaps stick a poster up at the entrance to the turnstiles advertising the speedway, it must be a good view from up there.

It is dangerous for the well being of the club and demoralising for the riders to have so few paying public at Buxton. This club needs more support or I fear it could be lost. That would be a huge tragedy given the amount of top quality riders who have been reared there in the past.

Speedway at Buxton is always a spectacle, exciting, different and raw in wonderful surroundings.

Deano's airfence meeting shows how many people can find their way there, it would be wonderful to see a crowd that large at every home meeting.

It is a shame that almost third of the spectators yesterday were watching for free from the stock car stadium, maybe Jayne could make a few programmes available in the stock cars for folk to buy?

Who knows, if they enjoy the bikes (and I know some who do) and become familiar with the riders (by making sure they can hear the trackside and box commentary) some of them may be tempted into the speedway meetings?

I used to be an occasional visitor to Buxton (4-5 times a season). It is, after all, one of the closest tracks to my home.

I thought about coming this Sunday but that made me recall why I don't go any more - it is as a result of attending the same fixture last season.

The track was awful - bordering on dangerous - but that wasn't the worst of it. I was told by more than one source that the track had deliberately been prepared that way to pay back Kent for the state of their surface when Buxton were at Central Park.

Who on earth sabotages their own product and then expects paying customers to come back for more ?

Two friends of mine are Sheffield supporters but used to go regularly to Buxton. A friend of their's complained to a member of the promotion about the track and was told 'If you don't like it, don't come'. Needless to say all 3 of them don't go any more.

Adding me to that, that's 4 fans who don't go to Hi Edge and what is appalling is that's not because of the racing, the track, the stadium itself or the presentation but solely because of the attitude of the promotion towards paying customers.

Edited by Halifaxtiger
  • Like 2

I used to be an occasional visitor to Buxton (4-5 times a season). It is, after all, one of the closest tracks to my home.

I thought about coming this Sunday but that made me recall why I don't go any more - it is as a result of attending the same fixture last season.

The track was awful - bordering on dangerous - but that wasn't the worst of it. I was told by more than one source that the track had deliberately been prepared that way to pay back Kent for the state of their surface when Buxton were at Central Park.

Who on earth sabotages their own product and then expects paying customers to come back for more ?

Two friends of mine are Sheffield supporters but used to go regularly to Buxton. A friend of their's complained to a member of the promotion about the track and was told 'If you don't like it, don't come'. Needless to say all 3 of them don't go any more.

Adding me to that, that's 4 fans who don't go to Hi Edge and what is appalling is that's not because of the racing, the track, the stadium itself or the presentation but solely because of the attitude of the promotion towards paying customers.

Love to know who your source is as they obviously haven't got a clue what goes on at Buxton. As for the track being dangerous that is a very strong word to use and unless you can back it up with real evidence (not opinion) then I suggest you and others choose your wording more carefully. Not once have we had a report to the referee and the SCB about Buxton being 'dangerous' and I am fed up with those who say it is. As for stating that the track was deliberately 'dangerous' to repay Kent I can quite categorically tell you that that is not true and suggest that your source and yourself gets their facts right before putting them in the public domain.

It is of course your choice where to spend your money but we do the best we can with the resources we have available. Some tracks are better than others and most vary over the season. I have been to plenty in my time as a speedway supporter and or official that aren't perfect - that is not specific to Buxton.

Don't know how it can be said that the track for last years Buxton v Kent was dangerous. Steve Boxall was flying until an unfortunate coming together on the backstreight ruled him out the rest of the meeting. Connor Coles ditto, but experienced lots of mechanical problems when well placed. Jack Kingston had plenty of falls due to youthful exuberance (was motioning to him to calm down during his later races) and Ben won Ht.15.

Track was a bit slick and dusty as it was a scorching day, but nothing out of the ordinary. Think somebody looked at updates and made an assumption

Looking forward to revisiting this Sunday

Edited by Falcon Hammer

Love to know who your source is as they obviously haven't got a clue what goes on at Buxton. As for the track being dangerous that is a very strong word to use and unless you can back it up with real evidence (not opinion) then I suggest you and others choose your wording more carefully. Not once have we had a report to the referee and the SCB about Buxton being 'dangerous' and I am fed up with those who say it is. As for stating that the track was deliberately 'dangerous' to repay Kent I can quite categorically tell you that that is not true and suggest that your source and yourself gets their facts right before putting them in the public domain.

It is of course your choice where to spend your money but we do the best we can with the resources we have available. Some tracks are better than others and most vary over the season. I have been to plenty in my time as a speedway supporter and or official that aren't perfect - that is not specific to Buxton.

I'll take your word for the fact that the track was not doctored.

I think you will find that I said that the track 'bordered on dangerous' and looking back to my updates that day described it is as 'unsafe'. If the photographs of the holes on the first bend that day are evidence, it maybe possible for me to obtain them because I know pictures were taken.

If you are 'fed up' with people saying the track is dangerous I am hardly likely to be the first, am I ?

As to my source, if it is possible to read the Kent facebook page for that day, do so.

As I have been to every track in the country in the last couple of years (and 23 this season) I can definitely confirm that some are better than others. I am struggling to think, though, of the last time that fans were critical of Mildenhall, for example.

It is indeed my choice where I spend my money. It is also your choice how you treat paying customers.

Don't know how it can be said that the track for last years Buxton v Kent was dangerous. Steve Boxall was flying until an unfortunate coming together on the backstreight ruled him out the rest of the meeting. Connor Coles ditto, but experienced lots of mechanical problems when well placed. Jack Kingston had plenty of falls due to youthful exuberance (was motioning to him to calm down during his later races) and Ben won Ht.15.

Track was a bit slick and dusty as it was a scorching day, but nothing out of the ordinary. Think somebody looked at updates and made an assumption

Looking forward to revisiting this Sunday

I think you will find I was doing the updates that day.

There 6 were falls in the first 4 heats and it was a lot more than 'a bit slick and dusty'. As I have said supporters took pictures of the holes on the first bend where the track had worn away completely.

Edited by Halifaxtiger