British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

Elite League Draft Riders

What time tomorrow does this pick take place?

I would guess whenever they all get there.

Wouldn't like to put money on us hearing the outcome tomorrow...there could easily be some squabbling afterwards before it's all settled.

We might hear about the TV contract tomorrow if they put that out as some good news to deflect from anyone being unhappy with their drafted riders.

The only suspect action was the incorrect 'awarding' of pts to Peterboro. You were beaten fairly and squarely on track by Kings Lynn.

As for best side for half a season.. so what? Playoffs is for the best 4 teams over the full season. By your own admission that means you were one of, if not the worst side for half a season too.

Peterboro finished 7th. End of.

But when someone pointed out that you were wrong on your first points you went AWOL pdq, only to resurface now saying the same dross. We did finish 7th but much like our season that's only half the story, not that it matters now unless someone brings it up!

Edited by Crump99
  • Like 1

I would guess whenever they all get there.

Wouldn't like to put money on us hearing the outcome tomorrow...there could easily be some squabbling afterwards before it's all settled.

We might hear about the TV contract tomorrow if they put that out as some good news to deflect from anyone being unhappy with their drafted riders.

I quite agree that there might not be an announcement tomorrow to say where the riders will ride. It would be prudent to have 'all systems go' from all parties, then the announcement. It may annoy some, but publishing the list without all agreeing to it would only give the knockers more to complain about. If it is agreed, then announce it, but if not, delay it till it is. There is no hurry, we all have plenty of time.

• Like 2

Before someone else gets it more wrong, try reading post 333 from Neil Watson.

So it's not that they don't have to which implies they have an option. It's they 'don't' full stop that is a little misleading but heyho thanks for clearing it up

• Like 1

What time tomorrow does this pick take place?

Mid-afternoon , 3pm-ish apparently. Updates apparently being provided for the twitterati.

The BBC World Service want it as headlines on the 6 o'clock news, unless Neasden F.C. sign a replacement goalie for the injured Wally Foot, in which case that will be the main story.

• Like 5

@TMW - Clubs who have already selected their own asset at this stage will not make a selection, and there is no requirement to select a rider from the top ten.

Not sure what is misleading about that. If, say, Kings Lynn opt to use Lewis Kerr, they will not take any further part in the first selection and will then have last pick in the second round.

• Like 1

But when someone pointed out that you were wrong on your first points you went AWOL pdq, only to resurface now saying the same dross. We did finish 7th but much like our season that's only half the story, not that it matters now unless someone brings it up!

Pointed out I was wrong where? On what? When did I go awol?

I maintained all along that Kings Lynn should not have been docked pts. I was proven correct.

You finished 7th. That is the full story. Nothing more to it.

The only club who could have a grievance are Lakeside regarding the infamous postponed fixture.

Pointed out I was wrong where? On what? When did I go awol?

I maintained all along that Kings Lynn should not have been docked pts. I was proven correct.

You finished 7th. That is the full story. Nothing more to it.

The only club who could have a grievance are Lakeside regarding the infamous postponed fixture.

As if I going to waste my time searching back now. As long as you're happy, that's a bloody achievement if nothing else!

• Like 1

As if I going to waste my time searching back now. As long as you're happy, that's a bloody achievement if nothing else!

So there is nothing.

Thanks for clearing that up.

• Like 2

Not sure why this should be a complicated procedure. If as expected the 4 teams choose their 'protected' assets then the other 6 teams will select in the agreed order. Coventry will surely know by now who they will select first, Belle Vue will I expect have 2 riders in the frame and will select the one not chosen by Coventry. Eastbourne will have a list of 3 preferred riders and so on.

Kings Lynn will I imagine have 20th pick and should be roughly be able to work out, what riders are likely to be left, so can draw up a shortlist of preferred choices.

The whole thing should take no more than an hour.

Not sure why this should be a complicated procedure. If as expected the 4 teams choose their 'protected' assets then the other 6 teams will select in the agreed order. Coventry will surely know by now who they will select first, Belle Vue will I expect have 2 riders in the frame and will select the one not chosen by Coventry. Eastbourne will have a list of 3 preferred riders and so on.

Kings Lynn will I imagine have 20th pick and should be roughly be able to work out, what riders are likely to be left, so can draw up a shortlist of preferred choices.

The whole thing should take no more than an hour.

Bet it takes a lot more than half an hour.

Mid-afternoon , 3pm-ish apparently. Updates apparently being provided for the twitterati.

The BBC World Service want it as headlines on the 6 o'clock news, unless Neasden F.C. sign a replacement goalie for the injured Wally Foot, in which case that will be the main story.

Thank you, our man in the orange Austin Allegro!

Lol, never thought an Austin all agro would get a mention on here. And an orange one too, I thought they were all sh"""Ty yellow

Edited by pitstop
  • Like 1

This is a classic. Now the RESERVE riders are going to race for a year in the EL and not get a an average. How bizarre is that.

What will happen next year? Will they be able to be reserves again in 2015, 2016 and 2017 ?

In 2015 you will go with their PL average. So if Lewis Kerr averages 7.77 in the PL then his EL average is assessed from that figure.

Afraid that's as clear as mud Neil (probably the same for many too), are you saying Poole indeed do get last pick ?.

They don't. . . . Poole have last pick as play-off winners.

Whoever picks Lewis Kerr (Kings Lynn) will get the last pick

Whoever picks Jason Garrity (Coventry maybe ?) get the 19th pick

The order continues so the team with the lowest ranked first pick will get the first pick in the second round.

Teams do not have to pick a rider from the Top 10 and a team like Leicester may opt to pick the 11th ranked rider in the first pick in order to get the first pick in the second draft which should be a rider in the top ten.

Will Speedway Updates ? Twitter ? or Facebook ? be giving these out as they happen ?

So there is nothing.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Liked by another variation of the chuckle brothers with a common denominator, you win with backing like that!

• Like 1