British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
John Leslie

Matt Ford Already Planning To Fiddle Reserve Berths?

i'm expecting Lambert to ride at #2 for KL as soon as he's 16 .. the low average and obvious potential will mean a more potent (on paper) top 4.

i think it would be a good move for him .. confidence around the NA scoring decent points, and learning the way the league and other tracks work at the same time.

a few years ago teams couldn't afford to 'carry' a rider away from home (Adam Allott), but now with this structure i think it takes away the chances of anyone being 'carried'

• Like 3

Lambert was not in the draw so when he is 16 if he comes in to a team he has to be in the main 1-5 .

Lambert was not in the draw so when he is 16 if he comes in to a team he has to be in the main 1-5 .

that's why i said i expect him to come in at #2, not #6 or 7

Edited by stevehone
  • Like 2

He's already said that he will be in the 1-5.
  • Like 1

Sounds like Matt Ford is already thinking how he can fiddle the reserve berths and dump Lee Smart. ...Robert Lambert in?

From Bournemouth Echo.

"However, Ford revealed the makeup of Poole's tail end could yet change, depending on Smart's availability.

Ford added: 'I have yet to speak to Lee and we need to discuss the balance of his commitments. The reserve system is new to everybody and there might be some teething problems.

There are one or two riders still about so we will see what the next few weeks bring.'"

and the end of season fiddle.....bring in chrs holder for a bigger GRIN

Reading the Speedway Star interview it is clear he will be in the EL in a 1-5 next season.Poole must be favourites, unless he is sticking to his Kings Lynn roots of this season.If the Stars sign him then they are already looking like favourites with the best 2 reserves as well.

If KL win because they have developed the best young British talent, then good for them! They invested in an NL team and stuck with it.

• Like 3

Lambert will in all likelihood be named in KL's top 5 and in any event is nothing to do with NL Draft which he declined to take part in, so it's all irrelevant talk about him being anyone's reserve

If KL win because they have developed the best young British talent, then good for them! They invested in an NL team and stuck with it.

No argument from me on that, which was kinda my point.

How much does Buster pay his landlords to run NL speedway?

Some clubs have to pay the same rent to run a meeting as they do EL. Poole tried it for two seasons and it didn't pay off. A different story if Poole owned the stadium. Same as many clubs.

Some clubs have to pay the same rent to run a meeting as they do EL. Poole tried it for two seasons and it didn't pay off. A different story if Poole owned the stadium. Same as many clubs.

You'll never be able to afford to purchase a racetrack while you're reputedly paying the likes of Hancock £5K a meeting to ride..

• Like 3

It's certainly not realistic to expect every club to run an NL side but it would be nice if a few more did, which it seems could be the case next season.

Edited by Bagpuss

He owns the stadium, so no rent to pay.

But Steve, his actual costs are pretty much the same for the infrastructure (ie Lighting, power, insurance, track maintenance, medical cover etc.) whether its EL or NL meetings. The only cost saving in real terms is wages, so that would be the same difference if he was renting the stadium.

So Poole fans failed to get behind and support young British riders. Who would have guessed that. :D

• Like 3