British Speedway Forum
Islander15

Save Isle Of Wight

Sorry, but i've bitten my tongue long enough now.

How many f.ucking threads are you going to hijack with your crap about data and air fences ?

This is a thread for the Isle of Wight who are on the brink, and you're still trying to hijack it - forget your agenda, forget your sad-man-with-too-much-time-on-his-hands attitude - this is an IOW thread. Unless you're transferrring some of your pension to their fund, is it too much to ask that you leave this alone ?

W to the anchor.

I can understand your frustration and no supporter of Speedway wants to lose any tracks. Let's hope the IoW promotion are being honest that the only thing stopping them run Speedway in 2014, is the cost of an air fence and not using it as a 'smoke screen' to not run anyway. Just being devils advocate.

I do hope it turns out good for the club.

I can understand your frustration and no supporter of Speedway wants to lose any tracks. Let's hope the IoW promotion are being honest that the only thing stopping them run Speedway in 2014, is the cost of an air fence and not using it as a 'smoke screen' to not run anyway. Just being devils advocate.

I do hope it turns out good for the club.

Go to: https://www.facebook.com/groups/294612857236337/ to see official press release issued in advance of vital shareholders (i.e. the fans) meeting next Tuesday.

Trust me "Ray Stadia" it's NO smokescreen.

Sorry, but i've bitten my tongue long enough now.

How many f.ucking threads are you going to hijack with your crap about data and air fences ?

This is a thread for the Isle of Wight who are on the brink, and you're still trying to hijack it - forget your agenda, forget your sad-man-with-too-much-time-on-his-hands attitude - this is an IOW thread. Unless you're transferrring some of your pension to their fund, is it too much to ask that you leave this alone ?

W to the anchor.

Well done!

Go to: https://www.facebook.com/groups/294612857236337/ to see official press release issued in advance of vital shareholders (i.e. the fans) meeting next Tuesday.

Trust me "Ray Stadia" it's NO smokescreen.

I cannot pick up the facebook link. I am not a facebook member but am asked to join that site which I am reluctant to do. Is there anywhere else that I can read the release? Thank you.

I cannot pick up the facebook link. I am not a facebook member but am asked to join that site which I am reluctant to do. Is there anywhere else that I can read the release? Thank you.

That's where I've put it to be read John - surely it's up to you to do what is necessary if you want to read it. You could always join , read and then leave couldn't you?

• Like 1

That's where I've put it to be read John - surely it's up to you to do what is necessary if you want to read it. You could always join , read and then leave couldn't you?

No, he would rather just 'like' any tripe that others post on here Bryn. Sad to see an olden going off it, why doesn't he just get out speedway.

He obviously does't like it now and has nothing to add to it.

Edited by Tsunami

No, he would rather just 'like' any tripe that others post on here Bryn. Sad to see an olden going off it, why doesn't he just get out speedway.

Very harsh that Dave - we need to be encouraging folk NOT chasing them away.

I sometimes think what you Posted could apply to me too. I have great difficulty with a lot of what is happening in my favourite Sport. Oddly enough, it was partly you who encouraged me to return to Brough next Season, perhaps unknowingly. (Your fault :wink: ). You told me, I remember, "forget all the rubbish around Speedway and concentrate on four Riders hurtling around the Track".

This I am going to try to do.

• Like 1

Your posts have become over aggressive. You really need to sort out your issues in a less public domain.

What a performance that would be.

Your posts have become over aggressive. You really need to sort out your issues in a less public domain.

The BSF seems to be changing dramatically. I saw the 'f' word in one message and another with comments that were far from suitable for a forum obviously read in many cases by young people.

Thank you for your help in regard to this Press Release. I really appreciate this.

That would be totally unfair on all the other clubs who have paid upfront for their fences IMO.

Get them to ring me, i will pay for it if a deals to be had ;)

And that is at the root cause of the problem.

Apparently there are speedway supporters on the Island that will not go and support NL racing which they see as being of a poorer quality to PL racing. Well they should watch some old videos because the NL lads race just as hard with probab;y more passing.

The Club really needs to attract the youngsters in the Island since not many turn up on a Tuesday to watch the great racing but you can't fault Chris Hunt, Kevin Shepherd and a few others that spent their weekends trying to drum up support attending every possible venue that they could, displaying bikes and handing out promotional material. .

IOW speedway has never been able to sustain itself on local gates. Its always relied on holiday makers which is why they ran twice a week during the summer in PL days.

Personally, I'd say trying to persuade the locals (who should be aware of its existence) is a waste of time when compared with trying to attract visitors (who might not).

A friend of mine and his wife are passionate IOW fans and I know he is doing all he can to help. He told me, however - and to my utter disbelief - that IOW speedway did no advertising in 2012. That's one reason why the gates in that season at least were so poor.

Advertising is grossly overrated as a method of increasing attendances. But when you are reliant upon people who do not live locally, I'd say its a must.

I sometimes think what you Posted could apply to me too. I have great difficulty with a lot of what is happening in my favourite Sport. Oddly enough, it was partly you who encouraged me to return to Brough next Season, perhaps unknowingly. (Your fault :wink: ). You told me, I remember, "forget all the rubbish around Speedway and concentrate on four Riders hurtling around the Track".

I told you that, you bugger !! :D

I happen to agree about air fences - or at least think you have a point - but they are mandatory. Any talk of how effective or preferable they are is irrelevant to IOW's survival.

• Like 2

Every year we get the scare mongering in the Speedway Star from various clubs and promotions that "Club X is in danger of not coming back to the tapes next year if we cannot raise X amount of pounds"

I have full respect for a promotion like Buxton, who acknowledged the problems of raising finance for an air fence and put on a great novelty meeting to raise funds.

Trust me, as long as fans are subsidising clubs, nothing is ever going to change.

Agreed to an extent.

I get fed up every season of reading "press releases" from clubs begging and threatening closure if their current crop of fans don't attend matches or donate money to buy stuff. The fans already contribute enough IMO through admissions, matchday magazines, merch etc, and it's far too easy for a promotion to send out a threatening press release, rather than trying to attract new fans themselves or getting their own finances in order.

Yeah we need more clubs, but constantly crying wolf about closing is getting beyond a joke. Almost as regular as British Gas putting the prices up each winter.

How about using some of the new TV deal money instead? They've gone for a low budget league anyway, so skim the money into an air fence for IOW instead.

I told you that, you bugger !! :D

You BOTH did. :t:

But I was replying to Dave's Post HT. I hadn't forgotten your advice either my friend. :t:

• Like 2

Hey, TWK!, don some kevlars/leathers and join them, hurtling round the track! I am in trouble now, I have moved off subject! :oops:

• Like 1