British Speedway Forum
NeilWatson

Peterborough Panthers 2014

Not most expensive, as Newcastle are charging £330.

They are obviously not very good at research full stop, as they earlier in the thread claimed Richard Hall had been sacked by Sheffield, which wasn't the case either!

1. I find it hard to believe that bragging that Newcastle charge the most for their ST is something Newcastle Speedway ask you to do.

2. Sheffield Management made the decision to let Richard Hall go as they explained in their press release in July, I appreciate the words are different but it amounts to the same.

I know it's totally off thread, but I'll reply anyway.

Presumably that was a 'dig' at me.

I have been asked to do specific jobs by the Management, so hardly a 'hanger on' (I realise many others get in without paying and don't appear to do much). The savings I make for the home matches go towards supporting the team away.

not a dig at you at all??just In general.... Still Rankles a bit when I had bother getting a concession for an autistic lad who, and I quote.. " didnt look like there was anything wrong with ".... Even with proof of disability....

So no offence meant to you and appologies for going off thread..:)

• Like 4

1. I find it hard to believe that bragging that Newcastle charge the most for their ST is something Newcastle Speedway ask you to do.

2. Sheffield Management made the decision to let Richard Hall go as they explained in their press release in July, I appreciate the words are different but it amounts to the same.

Who's "bragging"??

Merely pointing out a fact. Newcastle are charging £330.

Why would Newcastle Speedway ask me anyway?

Also, if you could post a link to the Sheffield Press Release re Richard Hall it would be appreciated (or PM me it if you like). Ta,

Edited by The Abbott

Could be a lot cheaper really ...if all the hangers on actually paid in :)

I think that applies at quite a few tracks!

Disclaimer - The Abbott not a go at you, I dont know you and its not a go at hard working staff either. Its all the 'extras'

• Like 2

I reckon that if all the people who got in for 'nowt' at Sunderland back in the 'Seventies' had paid to get in we would have lasted a lot longer than we did.

I say this as someone who worked at the Track and on the Starting Gate at Meetings and who also Paid to get in. This was true of a lot of the Staff at Sunderland. We were unpaid, did not get Free Tickets (we were offered them and refused) because we wanted the Speedway to continue. We loved our Sport and our Team.

I think that the 'Hangers On' cost us our Track just as much as the lack of Support following a VERY disastrous start to the 1974 Season.

I think that applies at quite a few tracks!

Disclaimer - The Abbott not a go at you, I dont know you and its not a go at hard working staff either. Its all the 'extras'

As I tell Luke Signwriter (private joke :wink: ) life is full of hangers on, it's not speedway specific!

I hope Neil Watson won't mind me re-posting what he has already posted elsewhere. This seems incredible value and it will definitely be another couple of tickets purchased from us too:

Peterborough will be competing in all three Premier League competitions (KO Cup, League Cup and Premier League) and with the opening challenge 2014 will see a MINIMUM of 20 fixtures - 1 challenge, 14 PL, 1 KO Cup and 4 LC*. Success in all or any of the competitions will increase this number of course.

Based on 20 meetings an adult season ticket costs just £12.50 per meeting (16% discount) with a programme and free parking included.

Application forms will be emailed over the weekend to those 2013 season ticket holders for whom we hold email addresses, posted to the remainder on Monday, and available on the website.

http://www.peterboroughpanthers.co/season14.pdf

Any new applicants are welcome to email info@peterboroughpanthers.co to receive an application form by email.

* - Assumes we take part in the 5-team group

Adult £250

Concessions £175

Child 12-16 £50

Wow! That's very reasonable. Especially having a programme and car parking included. That's not been done before has it? Wouldn't be worth while in me snapping that offer up as I probably won't be there every week anyway, seeing as King's Lynn have increased EL fixtures, but for Panthers own supporters, that's an offer that can't be refused surely?!

That is fantastic value for watching speedway at arguably the best circuit in the UK.

• Like 1

That is fantastic value for watching speedway at arguably the best circuit in the UK.

Nothing arguably about it, it is.

But Somerset's a cracker as well

Edited by bigcatdiary
  • Like 1

Nothing arguably about it, it is.

But Somerset's a cracker as well

good but not as good as kings Lynn IMO

:nono: you need to get out more

tell me about it mate... Stuck in the house with a 9 month pregnant woman is doing my head in :)

Stuck in the house with a 9 month pregnant woman is doing my head in :)

it could be worse :o you could be stuck in my house with 4 noisy moaning females

Edited by hans fan

it could be worse :o you could be stuck in my house with 4 noisy moaning females

I hope they are not behind you whilst you are typing. :wink::rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

• Like 1

tell me about it mate... Stuck in the house with a 9 month pregnant woman is doing my head in :)

'Tapes up' some time soon then... :t:

• Like 1