British Speedway Forum
NeilWatson

Peterborough Panthers 2014

I am afraid that this season has descended into a farce!!!

The changes the management made have been a total disaster, rumours over non payment have been doing the rounds for many weeks now and if true you can only praise the effort certain riders have made recently (Ulric, Lasse and Ales have been superb at home recently) if they are in danger of not getting paid then its even more praise worthy.

I cannot see how the club can continue unless another major shake up at the top if forthcoming.

It is a bonus that only one home league meeting is left to race, as for the league cup final ... I can only see that being embarasing!!!

Err - no we don't.

People are adding two and two together and making FIVE - that is all.

looks like you are out voted on this one WK.

Seems those closer to the goings on see riders adding 2 points to 2 points and making 0 money.

5 man teams from next season? Way to high already.

I'd only probably include Lasse and Lewis from this side. Fisher and maybe Roynon. Ully average too high now imo

Will there be a next year?

unless the frosts or mr Rathbone come back with a good broom is there any point ???

What has happened to Mr Rathbone ? Seems to have adopted an amazingly low profile.

NO most people are well aware what the problem is, unfortunately.

I don't think they do. Most people are forwarding and/or exaggerating the rumours. Concerning situation, that's for sure. Do tell, would like to know the facts.

Think he means that we need a named reliable source rather than the rumour mill.

That is exactly what I meant Crump99. :t:

Cheers. :)

What has happened to Mr Rathbone ? Seems to have adopted an amazingly low profile.

You could try consulting Sherlock Holmes. ;)

I'll get me coat - again. :rofl:

Edited by The White Knight

Is it not common knowledge that some riders were owed a good few quid??

No. What some people think they know isn't common knowledge. History is a better indicator of the problems most expected to surface at some point. Peterborough finance is as tedious as Peterborough crowd size!

unless the frosts or mr Rathbone come back with a good broom is there any point ???

I wouldn't be picking a side until the annual "are we" "aren't we" "and where" competition is completed and the results known!

they think its all over, it is now.

What, is that your last post :t:

Edited by Crump99

If the rumours are true, I hope the Peterborough fans applaud and not criticise their riders who have continued to ride whilst been owed money, would you keep working for an employer who didn't pay you for previous work?

I really do no undersand how or why riders including guests would coninue to turn up if they have not been paid. I am sure most on here would like the actual facts rather than rumour and innuendo.

If the rumours are true, I hope the Peterborough fans applaud and not criticise their riders who have continued to ride whilst been owed money, would you keep working for an employer who didn't pay you for previous work?

No! As wealdstone says though, it's always a mystery how these rumours continually surface yet riders continually turn up prepared and then risk their life for apparently fresh air. Really need someone to explain that first!