British Speedway Forum
NeilWatson

Peterborough Panthers 2014

Shadders

Took the current wife to Glasgow and Berwick (some time in the last 25 years)!!

Berwick no issue understood them far better than the mobs from Wiltshire and Dorset!! :D

Glasgow - that was a totally different experience - very intimidating - rapidly came to the conclusion we were the only English people in the stadium, and if anyone around us discovered we were English, that we would not be in the stadium for very long. The quietist the other half has ever been!! Now come to think about it....

Yet, been to at least 2 Edinburgh tracks and had a great time at both!! Edinburgh do have a half decent castle and a military tattoo - just too many tourists.

Tel (sent without supervision by she who is currently out!!)

Depends who you speak to in Berwick. In my experience no two people speak with the same accent.

Glasgow fans that I know are friendly. Make your way to the bar area and make contact with Paulco. Just about make out what he's saying when he's sober, but after a session, forget it!

No point in basing yourself in Edinburgh for a home meeting, Armadale is closer to Glasgow!

Edited by Shadders

Panthers have just been on local news (tv) and they have mentioned race night TUES...

no sweedish riders then just like when isle of wight were in prem league

any team with sweedish riders had to use national league rider as guest in there place

Welcome to the Panthers to PL ,now looking forward to a new Tuesday venue.

p.s. Best thing about Lincolnshire is the mighty Scorpions. :wink:

Sergeant and Blackbird could be reserves with Sergeants connection with Coventry but on the other hand I could also see Blackbird and Jacobs as his also local and was Strom number 1 rider last year. Jacobs would be stronger imo. Glad to see the panthers back, lovely track!

Depends who you speak to in Berwick. In my experience no two people speak with the same accent.

Glasgow fans that I know are friendly. Make your way to the bar area and make contact with Paulco. Just about make out what he's saying when he's sober, but after a session, forget it!

No point in basing yourself in Edinburgh for a home meeting, Armadale is closer to Glasgow!

Not true.

Centre of Edinburgh to Stadium 24.3 miles

Centre of Glasgow to Stadium 28.0miles

Courtesy of AA

We are back :rofl:

how about

Ryan Fisher

Lesse Bjerre

Dak North

Ulrich Ostergaard

Lewis Blachbird

Andrea Compton

Robert Lambert/ A N Other at 3 points - although kings lynn should really help us here as they have big bjerre and NKI

Robert will not be riding PL due to clashes with his European commitments.

Not true.

Centre of Edinburgh to Stadium 24.3 miles

Centre of Glasgow to Stadium 28.0miles

Courtesy of AA

24 miles from Edinburgh? Hardly local is it!!

Very excited having the Panthers in the PL (especially as it looked as if speedway might be lost).

Great city, and a track to rival Shielfield.

I shall endeavour to take a trip down!

Shadders/Cyclone

According to she who thinks she must be obeyed, she reckons one year we stayed at a hotel roughly half way between Glasgow and Edinburgh. (holiday Inn/Hilton??)

Apparently it was quite a while ago as we did a northern tour that included Stoke, Middlesbrough, Berwick, Edinburgh and Glasgow - I have no recollection of visiting Glasgow more than once!! That's what age and 25 years of marriage does to the memory.

Tel (nearly caught typing this!!)

Now it's all good and you have a team to continue watching is it now safe for me to continue giving you dirty's some sh!!!!!!!te again. Especially now you're in the minions league :lol:

No point in asking just get on with it :lol:

What's it feel like being a Coventry feeder club??

Your club is a joke lacking ambition and not riding in the EL

Lots of hate

Screamer xxxxxxxx

• Like 2

Just don't forget the loan fees, we could also loan you one of our EL Championships for a fee bearing in mind you have never won one.

Edited by bigcatdiary
  • Like 5

24 miles from Edinburgh? Hardly local is it!!

Hardly Edinburgh.

Great news to hear there will be speedway for the Panthers in 2014.

Good that the connection between Coventry and Peterborough also continues.

• Like 1

Screamer

We were about to comment that the Premier League thread was a friendlier place with less vitriolic and aggressive my team is better than yours comments.

Thanks for re-enforcing that.

I would suggest that in respect of the team you support, that you perhaps have a short term memory. I do hope your delusions of grander in respect of your teams tenure in the elite league is not just a short term pipe dream whilst individuals re-arrange the Deck Chairs on the Titanic yet again.

I can say I don't hate KIngs Lynn - and I hope I don't end up this time next year having to pity them.

Have a Happy Christmas and A Prosperous New Year.

Terry

Oh lovely the PeatBog Horrors joining us in the PL, welcome (have always affectionately called you the Horrors, so don't be offended please)

It will be great having local derby's again.

Looking forward to seeing you in 2014.

• Like 1