British Speedway Forum
NeilWatson

Peterborough Panthers 2014

Screamer

We were about to comment that the Premier League thread was a friendlier place with less vitriolic and aggressive my team is better than yours comments.

Thanks for re-enforcing that.

I would suggest that in respect of the team you support, that you perhaps have a short term memory. I do hope your delusions of grander in respect of your teams tenure in the elite league is not just a short term pipe dream whilst individuals re-arrange the Deck Chairs on the Titanic yet again.

I can say I don't hate KIngs Lynn - and I hope I don't end up this time next year having to pity them.

Have a Happy Christmas and A Prosperous New Year.

Terry

:lol:

I think you missed the point but never mind. It's called banter, a little bit of humour etc

Merry Christmas to you too and all the other nasties. Fingers crossed you return to the EL soon.

Genuine future reference question time?

Can Horton run 2 clubs in the same league or is that against BSPA rules???

I think you missed the point but never mind. It's called banter, a little bit of humour etc

Merry Christmas to you too and all the other nasties. Fingers crossed you return to the EL soon.

Genuine future reference question time?

Happened many times before. Just appoint a different co promoter as the lead promoter.

Badge

Ipswich is on my list of away tracks for 2014 (subject to fixture dates) to be negotiated with she who must agree.

That said I have never forgiven you lot for the forced replay of the 1995 Speedway Knockout cup - still have a framed score chart of the original leg at Peterborough somewhere. So a lot to settle!!!

Have vague memories of an excellent Fish and Chip shop on the outskirts of Ipswich.

all the best

Terry

• Like 1

I thought you were the expert on the rules

You certainly were not slow in telling us all the Frosts assets were now owned by the BSPA after they pulled out of the sport.

You seem to have a degree in complete bollox

• Like 2

Screamer

We will have to agree to disagree.

Posts with "Lots of hate" comments don't make a point to me, nor do I perceive them as "Banter" they just remind me of what we have hopefully left behind in the Elite League forum.

I don't particularly want Peterborough back in the Elite League, I would prefer Lings Lynn to drop to the Premier league and get back to the days of the Old East Anglian rivalry between Ipswich, Lynn and Peterborough. (might have to include Rye House these days).

Yes I confess I've dug out my Speedway Surveys from 1996 and have been reminiscing over better days.

Terry

• Like 1

Your club is a joke lacking ambition and not riding in the EL

Lots of hate

Screamer xxxxxxxx

Some time in the future, after several ambition-lacking years, somebody might come along offering riders free or on the cheap, a bigger cut of sponsorship money and indemnity against losses for two or three years just after the management has said that PL is the way to go and entering the PL KO Cup for the following season.

You never know.

Edited by Vincent Blackshadow
  • Like 1

Some time in the future, after several ambition-lacking years, somebody might come along offering riders free or on the cheap, a bigger cut of sponsorship money and indemnity against losses for two or three years just after the management has said that PL is the way to go and entering the PL KO Cup for the following season.

You never know.

:D Once a two-bit 6 fingered outfit, always a 6 fingered two-bit outfit, and they've got Mr Personality as well so that's a big bonus :party:

• Like 1

Great city

Are you on the right thread or have you missed off "Was once a" :neutral:

• Like 2

I thought you were the expert on the rules

You certainly were not slow in telling us all the Frosts assets were now owned by the BSPA after they pulled out of the sport.

You seem to have a degree in complete bollox

I certainly did not say that, read it again

Edit: Here it is:-

The facts are clear. While Peterborough are not running a team the BSPA hold all the assets. At this point Peterborough have no say what so ever where riders go and how much loan fee's are paid as they're not seeing a penny.

There's an important word in the above you may have missed

Ok not seeing a penny may be wrong but the facts are the riders are negotiated with the BSPA & the BSPA set the loan fee. What and if the former or current promotion see of that no idea.

From our supporters meeting the Buster's comments were clear. Signing Iversen & Bjerre had nothing to do with Peterborough and loan fees to be paid to the BSPA.

Edited by screamer

Main thing for me is the club has been saved and racing will contine at one of the UK best tracks and stadium- downside for me is the Tuesday night race night really can't see that working race night needs to be Fridays - but as I say main thing is the club has been saved

• Like 1

Haza

Tuesday night not good for us - our youngest has commitments every night for the first part of each week. :cry:

Looks like it's going to cost me a lot in bribes for her to give up her Tuesday nights - she likes speedway but never misses a commercial opportunity. :t:

I've always though a Sunday afternoon/Evening would be a good race night and keep us out of the Elite League going forward.

Terry

Race-day is dictated by Showground availability, and end-of-week days are always going to be awkward to ensure continuity. Tuesday racing would give continuity - the holy grail as far as we are concerned.

• Like 3

The facts are clear. While Peterborough are not running a team the BSPA hold all the assets. At this point Peterborough have no say what so ever where riders go and how much loan fee's are paid as they're not seeing a penny.

Ok not seeing a penny may be wrong but the facts are the riders are negotiated with the BSPA & the BSPA set the loan fee. What and if the former or current promotion see of that no idea.

From our supporters meeting the Buster's comments were clear. Signing Iversen & Bjerre had nothing to do with Peterborough and loan fees to be paid to the BSPA.

And of course history shows that Promoters never lie and mislead supporters do they.

• Like 2

Best stop digging that hole now, don't you think.. ;)

Now that Nick Morris is available.... I wish we went for him instead of Fisher to lead the line :neutral: as would give us a real strength in depth approach. But still, Fish will give it his all.

• Like 1