Hiya stalker. You OK. :P

I'm as 'good as gold' Mr T...

You need new net curtains though... :t:

I'm as 'good as gold' Mr T...

You need new net curtains though... :t:

What's net curtains.

Mick Horton??

GREAT Avatar again Arson. :t::approve: :approve:

I don't understand why Somerset wouldn't have just got Doyle a multi year visa last year rather than making him apply every year.

Maybe they did and it ran out...doesnt matter if it a multi year one or a one year one...they all run out at some point!!!

• Like 1

If someone like Jason Doyle who has kept his nose clean is having difficulties, then what chance Darcy Ward with that criminal conviction last year?

Get your facts right before accusing someone of having a criminal conviction.

No convictions were recorded. http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/speedway/21546097.

• Like 1

Ah right. That's the good old UKBA and their ever changing rules then, which I'm sure they do purely to catch people out so that they can refuse them. It's basically a way of doctoring immigration figures by punishing those who try to do things properly because it's easier than trying to do anything about those who don't.

Quite right too if you can't con the people in to believing you are doing something when you're not then the title "Politician" does not apply to you. UKBA and the policies affecting them have become a tool of right wing politicians who want to show how tough they are on "Johnny Foreigners" who come here and steal our jobs.

Those same politicians are the one's who sold a large chunk of our Power and Gas industries to the French and Germans; the Water industry to the Australians and Far East conglomerates and British Rail (we do hate nationalised industries) to the National Railways of France; Germany & Holland. So the Government have given away billions of pounds worth of our money making us all poorer; then give individuals a real hard time when they want to come and work here in the sport/entertainment business.

The Governor of The Bank of England got his visa; no problem I'm told!

Quite right too if you can't con the people in to believing you are doing something when you're not then the title "Politician" does not apply to you. UKBA and the policies affecting them have become a tool of right wing politicians who want to show how tough they are on "Johnny Foreigners" who come here and steal our jobs.

Those same politicians are the one's who sold a large chunk of our Power and Gas industries to the French and Germans; the Water industry to the Australians and Far East conglomerates and British Rail (we do hate nationalised industries) to the National Railways of France; Germany & Holland. So the Government have given away billions of pounds worth of our money making us all poorer; then give individuals a real hard time when they want to come and work here in the sport/entertainment business.

The Governor of The Bank of England got his visa; no problem I'm told!

Make your mind up. They either sold things or they gave them away.

Are the test details of the air fences safe I ask.

Yes, you could Bank on that.

Edited by Tsunami

Maybe they did and it ran out...doesnt matter if it a multi year one or a one year one...they all run out at some point!!!

A sponsors certificate (visa) can be issued anything from one to three years, I think.

Last year Sam Masters was unsuccessful in getting his sponsors certificate because his previous one had expired. A new regulation meant that he then had to wait 12 months before being able to re-apply. This new rule only came to light when Sam made his application.

Any riders who had a sponsors certificate that has already expired before applying for a new one may now be similarly affected. Given that most certificates expire either at the end of the season or the end of the year it would be impossible for some riders to apply for a new certificate if they haven't signed for a club. An application by a rider has to be endorsed by a sponsor here. If a rider doesn't know where he's riding how can he apply?

I've seen elsewhere that Alex Davies has also got problems.

Could riders be sponsored by the BSPA or the club that owns them to avoid the situation of not knowing where they are riding in time. Could be the only positive of the asset system!

An article linked earlier in the thread stated that Jason Doyle got a new visa last winter, hence my comment.

Well I'm sure most of us can recall the All Party Parliamentary Group for Speedway, which was set up with such fanfare a few months ago.

Surely this is the exact kind of situation where they should be able to bring their influence to bear?

Yes but it's like complaining that you haven't won the lottery when hou didn't buy a ticket in the first place!

Migrants need to be fully conversant with their visa conditions but in Speedway they assume it's somebody else's problem and when their visas EXPIRE they assume the 1 year mandatory cooling off period doesn't apply! Guess what?

• Like 2

While issue of work permits is a triangular business between UK government, employer and potential employee, is there a difficulty because speedway riders are technically self-employed?

If there is to be an employer in the process, would this be the club whose asset a rider is, or his current EL or PL club?

Is it just me, but has this situation worsened dramatically since the change in UK government?

Why is it worse ?

There are rules to be followed in all walks of life.

Don't make this out to be a UK thing, when it's not.

There is a process to go through and riders need to take responsibility.

If you want to ride in another country you need to ensure all the arrangements are in place that satisfy both your home country and the one you are going to race in.

Don't plead ignorance, it gets you nowhere.

• Like 2