British Speedway Forum
Woz01

Elite Riders Championship - 25/09/2014

Mess at Swindon last year, mess at Cov this. Why oh why don't the BSPA leave it in the safe

Hands of Buster Chapman at Kings Lynn, can anyone really argue with that ?

The same man who messed up the EL Pairs about 6 years ago?

I wonder if this attempt by the BSPA to hijack Havvy's big night was't at the back of the riders minds when deciding just how dangerous the track was? Wouldn't surprise me if getting one over on the organisation that was so contemptuous of one or the "Riders Union" could have made the track "a little more dangerous than it otherwise might have been" in the eyes of the other "Riders Union" members...just supposin' like.

So the riders who took time to prepare their bikes then travel great distances decided to throw away a pay day to prove a point? Riders are individuals and adverse to Unions which is why the SRA was a complete waste of time. They chose not to ride because they don't want to be injured or damage machinery on what they considered an unsafe track nothing more nothing less. No conspiracy just a bunch of idiots at the helm who couldn't prepare a track. The BSPA chose Coventry and they must carry the can. All this nonsense about an investigation. Pretty difficult to be impartial when its your own fault. How the management committee get voted in year after year after so many disasters i really don't know

• Like 2

So it being a BSPA shared event is lost on you, yes?

Of course not but when Coventry were given the event the old track staff were still in place yes? were the BSPA to know the new track staff were going to have no idea what they were doing no. So blaming the BSPA completly is just rubish.

Why are people blaming the BSPA!

Are the BSPA in control of who owns the stadium NO

are the BSPA in control of who the owners of the stadium hire to prepare the track NO

this matter is well out of the BSPA control as the track staff are not hired by coventry speedway they are hired by the owner of the stadium.

BSPA representatives will have been at the stadium long before the cancellation was announced. It sounds as if it was obvious all along that the track was unfit, therefore an announcement could have come much earlier.
  • Like 1

it's not the BSPA fault though it's coventrys for failing to produce a track that the riders can actual ride on.

It's not a credible excuse! The BSPA stages these meetings and a professional organisation would do everything necessary to get the meeting sorted.

Fed up with everyone dodging the blame.

If you market the meeting, you're responsible for it - no excuses - just put your hands up and say "we've cocked-up".

Edited by Had Enough

SCB, how many great race tracks have you seen him prepare for World Cup Qualifiers over the last ,X number of years and you let 2/3 heats of Speedway 6 years ago cloud your judgment. Amazing

Sorry, there is only one sensible response to this.

Blobby blobby blobby!

:rofl::rofl:

Of course not but when Coventry were given the event the old track staff were still in place yes? were the BSPA to know the new track staff were going to have no idea what they were doing no. So blaming the BSPA completly is just rubish.

Mr Blobby, no offence, but if you were the BSPA and you were putting on a meeting and had spent cash in order to do so. Would you leave so many unknowns for it to go wrong. Track prep is probably one of the single most important factors in getting a meeting on. You just wouldn't take it for granted, you'd be hands on.. literally.

• Like 1

BRITISH Speedway Chairman Alex Harkess has confirmed the BSPA (British Speedway Promoters' Association) are to launch a full investigation into events surrounding the cancellation of the Elite Riders' Championship at Coventry.

The meeting was cancelled due to an unfit track - something which Harkess admits was "totally unacceptable".

He said: "The first thing to say is to apologise to the many supporters who paid good money to see the event which had a superb line-up.

"It is also not the start anyone wanted for the start of our new TV deal with Sky Sports.

"We regret very much what happened but on Saturday morning I had assurances that everything would be fine with the track.

"I can understand totally the anger of supporters and, of course, we offer our sincere apologies to everyone who was inconvenienced.

"We will now carry out a full investigation to establish why this totally unacceptable situation was allowed to develop and will comment further when this investigation has been concluded."

Mr Blobby, no offence, but if you were the BSPA and you were putting on a meeting and had spent cash in order to do so. Would you leave so many unknowns for it to go wrong. Track prep is probably one of the single most important factors in getting a meeting on. You just wouldn't take it for granted, you'd be hands on.. literally.

But how were they supposed to know though that they would change their track staff and replace them with numpties

Horton is a member of the BSPA. So what Horton knows, the BSPA know.

Did anyone know that the Stadium Staff don't know a blade from a tyre packer? Who knows?

Are the track staff employed by and paid by Sandhu and is this Sandhu's way of getting revenge on the BSPA? Who knows, but it's a bloomin' good conspiracy theory.

The same man who messed up the EL Pairs about 6 years ago?

your a very cleaver man if you get everything right all of the time - I d say Buster gets it right 99times out of 100 we have the gear at Lynn to sort the track and most important Buster has the know how of how to use the gear one other thing most of the riders trust Buster . Edited by Haza
  • Like 1

It will be interesting to find out who gave the assurances on Saturday morning that the track would be fine.

• Like 6

But how were they supposed to know though that they would change their track staff and replace them with numpties

Because you'd be there for the track prep and make sure it was done right.

• Like 1

Sorry but on this occasion I cant back Horton. If I ran a business, I would take it on myself to make sure I was in control of all of it. Why would the stadium do track prep? The speedway lease is owned by Horton so it should be his responsibility to make sure the track is up to scratch, by employing skilled trackstaff that deliver a suitable racing strip.

The track is a most important part of the club so why allow someone else to employ Jonny Foreigner to wreck your business?

The whole episode reeks. I came home and checked the sky box was recording, and the red light was on. Put the kettle on and came back into the room to see that it had gone out. I knew before I had checked that the meeting had been cancelled. Sadly I was correct.

• Like 5