British Speedway Forum
PolskiZuzel

Speedway Champions League ?

Just notice Tomasz Bajerski is commentating. I thought he went AWOL a few years because he was wanted by the police and was on the run in America having committed fraud in Poland? What happened there then?

He went back to Poland after a short spell in America and did his time in jail.

He went back to Poland after a short spell in America and did his time in jail.

Bit boring. I was hoping it was some huge manhunt, he had been hunted down and sent to prison for many years for some elaborate fraud :D

It has been confirmed by Marc Gent that a Stars top was issued but he refused to wear it. I'd guess it would have something to do with the fact the meeting was in Poland so he couldn't afford to cover his sponsors maybe? Cant blame him for that.

Rob Lyon says on twitter that the one they offered him wasn't big enough hence he didn't wear it.

What was the price of ticket in £'s??

Our tickets were 40zl for males and 35zl for women and the same for the league match at Grudziadz v Gorzow which is about £7:50 and £6:50

Our tickets were 40zl for males and 35zl for women and the same for the league match at Grudziadz v Gorzow which is about £7:50 and £6:50

That would equal to about 72k euros in ticket sales, just enough to cover prize and travel money. Maybe this format has a future after all?!

1:58:18 for some quite unusual interval entertainment. Wonder if they'll be performing at a league meeting in the UK soon!

You are kidding...I can just imagine the derision from the old fogies on the terraces about the exposure of female flesh?...Hell, we have enough people who don't want "brolly dollies" in Britain. What chances a troupe of dancers?

I have a contact with the Birmingham City University Cheerleading Team, who would be well capable of putting on a show at Perry Barr, as they do at Basketball and American Football. I mentioned the idea to Birmingham's promotion some years ago, and got completely poo-pooh'd by them. It seems that they don't believe in adding to the entertainment factor, and I doubt if any other promotion in this country do either.

Can someone give us an accurate translation (not Google or Bing, thanks) of this page please? http://www.sportowefakty.pl/zuzel/517740/chcemy-produktu-z-najwyzszej-polki-rozmowa-ze-slawomirem-gebka-z-team-player-man

You are kidding...I can just imagine the derision from the old fogies on the terraces about the exposure of female flesh?...Hell, we have enough people who don't want "brolly dollies" in Britain. What chances a troupe of dancers?

I have a contact with the Birmingham City University Cheerleading Team, who would be well capable of putting on a show at Perry Barr, as they do at Basketball and American Football. I mentioned the idea to Birmingham's promotion some years ago, and got completely poo-pooh'd by them. It seems that they don't believe in adding to the entertainment factor, and I doubt if any other promotion in this country do either.

Can someone give us an accurate translation (not Google or Bing, thanks) of this page please? http://www.sportowefakty.pl/zuzel/517740/chcemy-produktu-z-najwyzszej-polki-rozmowa-ze-slawomirem-gebka-z-team-player-man

The gist of the article is basically how pleased they were with it - TV, Attendance, publicity etc. They have plans, supported by FIM, to have 4 rounds next year (That was the original plan!). The longer term aims are to invite the top 2 clubs from each league and also eventually to include teams from Germany.

However the meetings/tournament need major sponsorship so that clubs and riders (and FIM presumably) 'can all earn money' from it.

The rules of rider eligibility are constantly under review and discussion with all authorities. Eg the Polish Leagues have already proposed Polish riders only riding in a maximum of 2 leagues - Poland and ONE other!! The riders of all nationalities are understandably against this proposal - so this will need clarifying!

Watch this space......

The rules of rider eligibility are constantly under review and discussion with all authorities. Eg the Polish Leagues have already proposed Polish riders only riding in a maximum of 2 leagues - Poland and ONE other!! The riders of all nationalities are understandably against this proposal - so this will need clarifying!

Watch this space......

Indeed. That will be the interesting area to watch. I wonder what the stance of the British authorities will be?

Imagine if the likes of the Pawlicki's, Janowski, etc could choose only one other country to ply their trade in. What chance would the EL (let alone the PL) stand against the likes of the Swedish league to recruit Polish talent? So therefore, the quality of the British leagues is not going to be enhanced by this is it?

And from the British riders point of view, if they are good enough, will they be able to afford to carry on racing in their home country, or will they have to consider doing a "Tai"?

Of course the riders will oppose this restriction. It'll affect their earnings potential. This will be interesting to see how it pans out. "Player Power" had a big impact in Warsaw. I can see the FIM rebounding from that by trying to re-establish thier authority even harder now, and at the end of the day, they who issue the licenses, can determine what the terms and conditions of those licenses are.

And when the EL / PL have been watered down by the withdrawal of the foreign riders and we find our true level in this country, maybe we can re-build?? ... Starting off with bringing back test matches against teams from countries on a similar level to ourselves...like Germany. Interesting that the Germans have a 14 heat formula for their matches and we use a 15 heat formula. Maybe we could arrange a compromise...14 heats but if the scores are level then Heat 15 can be decided on penalties...oh wait a minute... maybe not such a good idea lol

• Like 1

The trouble is the more countries you involve the more complicated it gets with riders riding for more than one club.Riders will only agree to less clubs if they are compensated for it.There is no way the FIM can come up with that sort of money.......so we are back to mickey mouse again

The trouble is the more countries you involve the more complicated it gets with riders riding for more than one club.Riders will only agree to less clubs if they are compensated for it.There is no way the FIM can come up with that sort of money.......so we are back to mickey mouse again

Riders can't dictate how many clubs they ride for. They don't do the hiring. They have to rely on clubs offering them a contract. That's where the FIM through the governing bodies have the power, in regulating who can offer jobs to who, and if a team signs a rider who already has 2 jobs in other countries, then the governing body could refuse to ratify that team's line-up until they revoke the contract with the "offending" rider.

If you believe the FIM have the will/power to revolutionise speedway because of 1 or 4 meetings per season you still believe in Santa :rofl::P

• Like 2

If you believe the FIM have the will/power to revolutionise speedway because of 1 or 4 meetings per season you still believe in Santa :rofl::P

What You on about? He's done his business the time I've been around.

What You on about? He's done his business the time I've been around.

Ha ha.....yes I can believe you are Joulupukki

"Onko täällä kilttejä lapsia?"