British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
bigeddiechek

Best Pl Reserve Pairings

Right folks, who are the daddies here?

Berwick have an 8+ in Jensen. I know very little about the other lad to comment but he'd have to be terrible for Berwick not to have the best pair IMO. If Sedgmen fancies it Edinburgh look good too

For a Glasgow Tiger, it has to be the Minions with Worrall and Segway.

Edinburgh and berwick if this danish boy is as good as people keep saying

Carr will average above 4.00 I'm certain of it... Don't forget Scunthorpe have Douglas or Jorgensen or even Howe.

Hawkins and Ellis at Ipswich. Hawkins has plenty of experience and Ellis has had a year at premier level so should be capable of beating every number 7 he meets.

As a combined pair I think this is the strongest pair in the pl.

I'd go for Edinburgh if JS gets his finger out, though he will probably flatter to decieve as per... Steve Worrall is a good signing, just a pity we are a Sunday club as I'm sure he'd have been back with us.

Ipswich will also be strong if Ellis progresses having seen most of the away tracks.

If Jensen achieves what a lot are expecting, Fromafar might not be far off the mark!

Remember that averages roll. Newcomers (of which there aren't many) if they hit the ground running will be out of reserve post haste because their average will be immediate. Guys who have trailed low scores through last season, even if they hit form, might stay reserve an extras month or two.

Edited by Boobs

Berwick probably edge it for me with the potential in Jensen, Edinburgh, Scunthorpe, Ipswich and Sheffield also have decent reserves. We have 2 young up coming Brits, who on paper aren't the strongest, but potential wise, could add a point each to there averages.

Lots of good pairings this year! Top 3 for me would be

1. Scunthorpe- not sure on Williamson, but Douglas will more than hold his own at reserve. On a very modest average and if he matches the form he was showing last season, then we could see one of Scunthorpe's very dependable top 5 dropping to reserve. For me, they've got a reserve who could consistently score double points.

2. Ipswich- If Ellis can maintain his progress and Hawkins can have an injury free season, then they're on to a winner! Both good and dependable riders, but may be questionable away from home. Other than that, both should be able to put a fair bit on their average and not be under too much pressure to score.

3. Edinburgh- It really depends on how long Sedgmen will be at reserve, which I presume won't be very long! Fox is a completely unknown on how he's going to fair around England. Hopefully Worrall will manage to find his form, but should be more than worth a 3 point average!

Potential spoilers

Berwick- I personally think everyone is over rating Jensen. A lot of riders form abroad don't convert well when they come over to the UK. There's a huge expectation of him and with how the teams built, there'll be a hell of a lot of pressure for Steen to perform from the get go. But I've put Berwick on here purely because he is a rider with some potential. If he does manage to bring his form over here, then Berwick have a great reserve with an ever better chance to get the likes of Kus or even Weathers could end up at reserve.

Peterborough- Two young Brits who for me have a big amount of potential. I saw enough of Greenwood last season to tell he'll be able to more than hold his own. The same goes for Jacobs, always been well impressed whenever I've seen him round Owlerton and can genuinely see them both averaging about 4.50.

Edited by skj
  • Like 2

Edinburgh win for me. If both of their reserves ride to their potential of course.

Berwick have Jensen, depends what Carr will bring to the table to back him up.

Surprised nobody has mentioned Rye House yet, Luke Bowen is always a shoe in for a 5 point average and if Simon Lambert can up his game we know he is capable of a high 4 figure.