British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
dontforgetthefueltapsbruv

Witches V Rebels Lc 3/4/14

So , for this meeting the teams are advertised in alphabetical order on the Witches website . They obviously don't want us to print our own score sheets this season . Against Rye the teams were in average order . I wonder how many more different ways they can come up with to list the riders ( age , shoe size or inside leg measurements maybe ? )

I can't actually make this meeting but I was going to print a sheet to look at and fill in using updates while I'm away , I don't like guessing opposition riding orders .

So , for this meeting the teams are advertised in alphabetical order on the Witches website . They obviously don't want us to print our own score sheets this season . Against Rye the teams were in average order . I wonder how many more different ways they can come up with to list the riders ( age , shoe size or inside leg measurements maybe ? )

I can't actually make this meeting but I was going to print a sheet to look at and fill in using updates while I'm away , I don't like guessing opposition riding orders .

I think the Rabbles will line up the same as at Plymouth (with guest at #1) - and the Sackers Witches shouldn't be changed.

Mike Bacon@Mike_Bacon 8h

Why do many @SpeedwayGB club's press releases put teams in alphabetical not riding order? I know why and it's very sad #speedway #noidea

Maybe he will make a point of putting them in rider order in the Star each Thursday......

Adam in excellent form again in the elite league, think he will be our trump card this year.

Good chance his Elite lge average will be more than his Prem average with the new format..

Good chance his Elite lge average will be more than his Prem average with the new format..

And next season he won't be able to double up down or sideways when no doubt the best way to continue his improvement will be EL and PL in 2015.

Or am I being a bit too cynical

I see that Somerset have "Brad" Kurtz riding for them on Thursday, is he Todd's other brother, the one with the 7 point ave? :t:

• Like 1

And next season he won't be able to double up down or sideways when no doubt the best way to continue his improvement will be EL and PL in 2015.

Or am I being a bit too cynical

The reserves in the EL draft wont obtain an average from those meetings.

There will be no impact on 2015 places from 2014 EL performances.

An EL average for 2015 will be a conversion of their 2015 PL average.

I wonder who the other "unknown" rider was who Louis considered before plumping for Manzarez. In the season preview edition of the speedway star, Louis wouldn't name the other rider as he said he may be using him next year.

Not going to be an easy one this, Rye didn't help themselves last week with Kennett's early bike problems and the lack of a tactical ride for Garrity mid meeting? Rye should have earned a point last week but I think Somerset definitely will. A closer one this with a four point win either way for me.

The reserves in the EL draft wont obtain an average from those meetings.

There will be no impact on 2015 places from 2014 EL performances.

An EL average for 2015 will be a conversion of their 2015 PL average.

Thanks I never knew that so if there's an EL draft for 2015 can the same riders be used or do they start on a 3 and end up with an average. I love speedway it must have the most complicated rule book of any sport yet the concept is so simple.

Arrgghh, in a quandry! My lift is not able to come and now none of my children go anymore, if I drive myself, I will be Billy no mates!

So do I go and be Billy no mates, struggling to get myself drinks (texting and being on crutches does not make getting drinks easy, especially now the garden bar is shut), or do I stay home and try to get an alternative texter?

As much as I like going to speedway, I don't like being a Billy no mates......

As with many meetings this season, a lot will be down to the reserves. Its been 3 years since Charles Wright last rode at Foxhall scoring 3 pts for Workington. If he takes to Foxhall like his brother though....... :rofl: Paul Starke scored 4 last year, and 6 from 2 visits the previous year.

The Witches pair, have started superb, Hawkins looked sharp and Ellis was excellent in the EL last night (and his previous meetings too) so hopefully carries this on. However In the Witches 1-5 there area few question marks though......

Worrall has been in training with Daugavpils this week and flies in for this meeting.

Tungate also been to Poland since last Thursday, looked great in Risager's testimonial but been poor since.

Heeps still has a dodgy wrist but should be getting better

Manzares admits his gating is poor but will improve, just depends how long it takes

Risager blew a bike and bent another, had a week to sort so should be all good.

For Somerset 1-5:

Grajczonek normally rides Foxhall well and good replacement for the absent Morris

Todd Kurtz normally has one good ride, but previously thats been from reserve

Olly allen rode in 8 heats last year, won 4 of them, didn't score in the other half ( last 2 meetings have ended early through injury though)

Aspgren and Brady Kurtz will be making their Foxhall debuts.

Think theres a hint of rain about tonight, but one thing for sure, it will be cold!

Witches to win just! But if they all turn up could be by over 10, :t: