British Speedway Forum
packerman

Poole V Eastbourne 9th April

If the Poole team is as good as the Dorset mafia would have us believe then they should be able to see Eastie off at home even without Darcy.

52-38.

37 then :D

Darcy or no Darcy I can't see anyone getting a sniff at Wimborne Road this year. As for Cook, I think he has got improvement left in him but he won't realise it until he starts riding against top riders two or three times a week instead of piddling about in the PL.

Edited by Bagpuss
  • Like 1

What can you say about these mighty Pirates? What a fabulous battling performance. And without Darcy too who was present and interviewed.

First of all the great news that Holder is back in the team as cover for Darcy from Monday against Coventry (just need the nod from the MC)

Some good racing again tonight and some excellent team riding thrown in for good measure.

Loved Matt Fords comments on the GP and Smolinski. Very similar to my own and what I said on this forum yesterday.

Well done to Middlo on sticking a £20 on Smolinksi at 80/1. Plus another 20 EW on NP and a further 20 EW on KK.

Poole were pretty dominant after the first couple of heats.

Cook was poor. However he was involved in a heat one crash so unfair to be too hard on him. Lucky to be allowed back into the heat though as it was his fault looking at the replay a few times. The crash didn't seem to affect him though and he got a paid win later on.

Josh was excellent. Beat who was expected to beat and then some.

Shamek was top notch and will be virtually unbeatable around Poole once dialled in.

Millik was excellent. No comparison to last week and the fall was was caused by a chain coming off entering the bend. Won three of his four heats and looked very good.

Magic was very good and team rode superbly with Shamek to keep Woodward at bay.

Newman started slowly but got better as the night wore on. Saw of Blackbird twice.

Smart was very poor. Fell whilst third in his first, then not near a point. Clock will be ticking.

For Eastbourne Bjarne battled for his points, Woodward tried, Mickelsen won his first, then didn't finish his next two.

Cuppacoffee was terrible. Lahti didn't do much. Blackbird was pretty good before his last two outings and Halsey beat Smart.

So three points on the board and the season underway. We should be stronger for the visit of Coventry live on Sky next Monday with Holder in the lineup.

Happy days! :drink:

37 then :D

Darcy or no Darcy I can't see anyone getting a sniff at Wimborne Road this year. As for Cook, I think he has got improvement left in him but he won't realise it until he starts riding against top riders two or three times a week instead of piddling about in the PL.

No they won't, but we certainly won't be counting our Horses, oh , sorry, thats Roscos saying, lets try Chickens!! :rofl: On a serious note, ther will be no complacency from any of our boys...

Can't believe this crap on here about Craig Cook, he has a huge crash in heat 1, and just because he gets back on the bike it is assumed it didn't have any effect!!! Try it yourself one day and see what "non effect" is has on you.

• Like 7

Fair play to both Cook and Michelsen for carrying on after heat 1 crash. Absolutely horrendous crash with Cook's bike and him ending up on the dog track!!

Scorewise I think they both cancelled each other out - in terms of what they actually scored and what they probably would have scored but for the crash! A good meeting overall with Bjarne, Cam and Blackbird looking good for the Eagles, but Poole too strong with Shamek, Janowski and Milik doing particularly well!!

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 1

Cook was poor.

Smart was very poor. Fell whilst third in his first, then not near a point. Clock will be ticking.

Another excuse to stick the knife in to a rider you don't rate who appeared to give it his all after crashing. Unbelievable.

We all said Smart wouldn't last very long. Just long as your next pick is BELOW Smart in the ranking think that is all above board.

Another excuse to stick the knife in to a rider you don't rate who appeared to give it his all after crashing. Unbelievable.

We all said Smart wouldn't last very long. Just long as your next pick is BELOW Smart in the ranking think that is all above board.

Remember, we are talking Poole here........they make the rules

• Like 1

Are you incapable of reading my second line on Cook? I said "However he was involved in a heat one crash so unfair to be too hard on him."

Stop trying to make yourself look a fool. We already know.

Edited by Steve Shovlar
  • Like 4

Hope Cook and Mikkelsen are alright!

Good win for Poole, but expected more from Eastbourne.

Edited by superguest
  • Like 1

What a truely fantastic result for the Pirates of Poole. This result will send shock waves through the rest of the Elite League. No Ward and yet they thrash a team of track experts. I think the rest are playing for 2nd.

If Poole dont win this League at canter this season, this will be the biggest choking exercise in Speedway since, the last time Poole choked it.

• Like 1

Poor effort from eastbourne, shocking from kylmakorpi, 6 from him and it would be a tightish affair

Remember, we are talking Poole here........they make the rules

Funny that when your promoter is chairman of the BSPA...............don't think we do these days............

RP