Agrotron

Best And Worst?

dislike eastbornes 1st/2nd bend

love the inside line off bend two at wolves

brandon great stadium

ullevi awful imo

oxford track sooo bumpy

kings lynn great race track

certainly never sat on any speedway toilet!

leicester never seen much passing on any visits

dislike eastbornes 1st/2nd bend

love the inside line off bend two at wolves

brandon great stadium

ullevi awful imo

oxford track sooo bumpy

kings lynn great race track

certainly never sat on any speedway toilet!

leicester never seen much passing on any visits

No - I've never passed anything on them either........................................................ :shock::rofl: :rofl: :rofl::blink:

• Like 3

Which is the best track you have been to?

King's Lynn / Peterborough

Which is the worst track you have been to?

Lakeside

Which has the best food you have tasted?

Mildenhall (their fish n chips knocked spots off anything Rye House ever dished up)

Which has the worst food you have tasted?

Rye House ( Some reason their fans loved them. They need to get out more)

In terms of facility's ie toilets, seating, access which is the best place you have visited and worst?

Best was Sheffield but not sure now mind, not been for a while.

Worst - Rye House

Much depends on the preparation, but at its best there's not a lot between Peterborough, King's Lynn & Scunthorpe.

Rye House the best out of the technical tracks.

Oxford. Out of the current ones, Eastbourne takes some beating!

Mildenhall.

Wolverhampton/Dudley. Had the worst burger EVER from there a few years back. I had to go to the toilet immediately to get it out from me.

Was still hungry, so bought some crisps thinking little could go wrong there.

They tasted pretty manky, too, and that's when I noticed they were 3 months out of date.

In terms of facility's ie toilets, seating, access which is the best place you have visited and worst?

Plymouth has exceptional viewing. Swindon is the opposite (unless you're lucky or a giant).

I can't watch Speedway sitting down, it's unnatural. I don't care about toilets as long as they work.

King's Lynn has definitely gone downhill in that area since they got rid of the 1st bend's toilets.

Best track.

Lynn and Peterborough are both great tracks, Mildenhall was good in the 70s when I used to go there, but (and I admit to Midlands bias) a night at Cradley was hard to beat and Monmore has a well-prepared racestrip and entertaining action more often than not.

Worst track

Stoke isn't so hot these days, Coventry is better than it was in the old days, but still doesn't float my boat, Poole seem to have some issues with preparation, but Plymouth is the one I can't like. I don't mind small tracks at all, but there's a limit. The races just don't seem to get going. Maybe that's just me.

Best food

Fish and chips from the van at Mildenhall in the 70s, pork sandwiches at Cradley Heath.

Worst food

Pretty much all the others (never been to Berwick).

Best facilities etc.

Does Cardiff count? Otherwise Peterborough is a nice open stadium with plenty of choice for viewing.

Worst facilities etc

Kirky Lane always seems a bit of a soulless dump (roll on the new stadium), Stoke has always been terrible and never mind Swindon, the toilets at Plymouth were terrifying.

Best Track

Somerset, always seen a good meeting and of course my own Edinburgh.

Worst Track

Ashfield of recent years, signs of slight improvement this year tho and Berwick although fast can be boring.

Best Food

Berwick, Forget the speedway I go for the Pies!!

Worst Food

Edinburgh and Glasgow are both pretty poor.

Best Facilities

Somerset and loved Newport, could be a wee bit dusty but was a very nice set up they had there.

Worst Facilities

My own track Edinburgh, restricted viewing in places and a poor view from the grandstand but at least there's a club to watch. Wasn't much of a fan of Wolves either.

King's Lynn / Peterborough

Lakeside

Mildenhall (their fish n chips knocked spots off anything Rye House ever dished up)

Rye House ( Some reason their fans loved them. They need to get out more)

Best was Sheffield but not sure now mind, not been for a while.

Worst - Rye House

You have a bit of a downer on Rye eh? If you think Rye House have the worst facilities i doubt you have been to many tracks.

• Like 1

Don't know if this is been done might be a bit of fun and I am bored, so the questions are

Hyde Road by a mile. Also standing right up against the metal fence at Exeter was an experience. Of current tracks Somerset and Workington are enjoyable.

Plymouth is a horrible tiny thing. Stoke should be a good track but it terribly neglected and depressing.

Ellesmere Port used to throw handfuls of toffees out from the parade truck. Once caught a pear drop it was nice. Only other food I've eaten at speedway is fish and chips at Mildenhall.

Nearly got hit by a flying Everton mint at Ellesmere Port once.

Toilets in grandstand/bars at greyhound tracks like Wolves, Belle Vue, Birmingham, tend to be most acceptable. The gents behind the first bend at Sheffield are very spacious.

At Cradley Heath you used to pee up against a wall in the open air. If you use the toilets in the pits at Stoke they give you a life-jacket as it's knee deep in pee. I've been in the famous back straight toilets at Swindon (both with and without a bulb). And Poole is scary because they have some transvestite fans so you never know who you'll meet in there.

• Like 1

Don't know if this is been done might be a bit of fun and I am bored, so the questions are

Bradford and Somerset

Eastbourne

Bradford

Swindon

Best: Peterborough

Worst: Belle Vue

Thanks

Plymouth has exceptional viewing.

I'd forgotten about that. The view from the back straight terracing is superb.

the toilets at Plymouth were terrifying.

The ones at Weymouth were two portabogs on the third/fourth bends. I was once sitting down and getting on with it when a child yanked the door open, to my horror and the crowds amusement.

At Cradley Heath you used to pee up against a wall in the open air. If you use the toilets in the pits at Stoke they give you a life-jacket as it's knee deep in pee. I've been in the famous back straight toilets at Swindon (both with and without a bulb). And Poole is scary because they have some transvestite fans so you never know who you'll meet in there.

I am surprised no-one has mentioned the infamous back straight toilets at Workington. They have been knocked down now, and where they were is a sign saying that anyone caught urinating there will be ejected from the stadium.

• Like 1

Bydgoszcz - When they get track prep.right,the speedway action there is superb.

Ostrow - Sensational speedway track (just ask Peter Karlssons' view on ul.Pilsudskiego) :t:

Armadale(apparently it's called speedway racing!! :rofl: ).Apologies to any Monarchs supporters by the way.

Wroclaw-I saw a rider lose his life there.

Scunthorpe -Home-made steak pie(recommended by Mick Bratley ) takes some beating. :t:

Dudley Woods' - Pork and Stuffing Sarnies.Absolutely bostin!! :t:

Economy burgers at Stoke,which I actually refused to let my dog eat! :o

The best:-Torun.Does any regular speedway venue come close to the MotoArena?

The worst:-Stoke.A work colleague of mine painted the ceiling in the bar 30 years ago,and it has been touched since! :rolleyes:

Edited by bluejam

Be glad when the speedway track up the road that Shabbey stadium at Swindon is demolished and new one built in its place next year. Just a shame those back-straight bogs wont be transferred as a listed building. People have emerged ashen-faced from there and blood-curdling shrieks have been heard.

Edited by Les Cargot
  • Like 1

Be glad when the speedway track up the road that Shabbey stadium at Swindon is demolished and new one built in its place next year. Just a shame those back-straight bogs wont be transferred as a listed building. People have emerged ashen-faced from there and blood-curdling shrieks have been heard.

Was that not where the 'Black Death' started? :shock: :shock:

It's just what I heard........................................................................... :shock: :shock: :shock:

Belle Vue, Hyde Road. Current track would be Sheffield.

Oxford in the 80s when meetings were getting called off in dry weather.

Sheffield.

Swindon's home straight burgers. (The ones from the van are decent enough)

Wimbledon. The only time I was ever actually impressed with a speedway stadium toilet.

Worst was Cradley Heath. They were like the famous Swindon back straight ones, but without a roof.

Was that not where the 'Black Death' started? :shock: :shock:

It's just what I heard........................................................................... :shock: :shock: :shock:

And the bubonic plague began there in the 17th. century, also it was said that Lord Lucan took refuge there for some time in the 80s.

They still have the shiny Izal loo paper in there from the 70s, and a copy of the Daily Mirror from 1966 when Barry Briggs was crowned world champion.

Edited by Les Cargot
  • Like 2