British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Brummies_Ste

Birmingham V Kings Lynn Select Thurs 15th May

Having just seen the guest announcement on the Stars website, I'm of the impression we are a lot weaker then our normal line-up. Feel we are giving Birmingham a big opportunity to get back some of the points they lost last time.....

Shame the sport is run this way....... last year we went to Wolves with only 3 riders and got tanked, I can see this being the same..........

Reasonable guests to me. Won't be 30-60 like last time but should be good enough to take a point minimum

Especially as the meeting is on Friday evening-and they are all not riding Thursday here !!!!!

I'm pretty sure the re-arrangement is Thursday.

Watt and Nicholls for Iversen and Bjerre don't do it for me so I will be saving my money

Wouldn't mind seeing young Fricke though so I will have to hope it is on Bet365.

So daft to have this fixture with half the KL team missing, when will promoters learn, if you want people to travel get the best team out on the track that you can, thats your won team not a select.

If you travel, have a safe journey, Come on you BRUMMIES.

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure the re-arrangement is Thursday.

Watt and Nicholls for Iversen and Bjerre don't do it for me so I will be saving my money

Wouldn't mind seeing young Fricke though so I will have to hope it is on Bet365.

Yes can`t be Friday-GP practice.

'Lack of cooperation' cited as the reason it's not been rearranged, but can't blame Brum for wanting to go ahead. Far weaker with those guests but I'm sure they will give their all and we should be able to collect a point. Would fancy us for all four with a full team though.

Disappointing.

I think Rob has selected well for the Brum meeting. I guess we could always select better but only Rob knows what was available to him.

I'm sure that everyone on BSF who advocates £10 speedway will delight at the news of the reduced admission prices and will show the courage of their convictions by making a bee-line for the turnstiles and ensure a bumper crowd. Best get there early to ensure you get the best view points.

No doubt someone can get a link for the benefit of the budget conscious to print their own race cards, as the club don't really need your programme money, being as flush with cash as they are.

Speedway on the cheap. This is what the Scribes and the Pharisees of BSF want, and that's what you're going to get!

£10 ? Where does it say that? All I see (first post) is a combined £20 for TWO matches which is not a lot of use for away supporters!!

Doesn't bother me anyway I'll not be coming to this farce :mad::nono:

• Like 1

'Lack of cooperation' cited as the reason it's not been rearranged, but can't blame Brum for wanting to go ahead. Far weaker with those guests but I'm sure they will give their all and we should be able to collect a point. Would fancy us for all four with a full team though.

Disappointing.

Co-operation has to work both ways.

As has been pointed out on the Brummie forum there was little cooperation from Kings Lyn last year over rearranging a rained off meeting at the tail end of the season. As I recall the BSPA had to get involved.

Co-operation has to work both ways.

As has been pointed out on the Brummie forum there was little cooperation from Kings Lyn last year over rearranging a rained off meeting at the tail end of the season. As I recall the BSPA had to get involved.

Like I said mate, don't blame Brum in the slightest. Just can't believe there wasn't a more appropriate date for this meeting over the next four months.

• Like 1

Bet Rob Lyons didn't ask The Doctor. (No.46). Sure he is free on Thursdays

http://t.co/eimjjahgTG.

Edited by GRW123

The math that says Lynn fans won't benefit from the offer, well unless they're off up to Brum next week too?

• Like 2

Why are Brum making this offer ? Could it be suggested they need a quick cash injection from the fans ?

• Like 1

Why are Brum making this offer ? Could it be suggested they need a quick cash injection from the fans ?

Or they're trying a promotion to get new fans in.

The problem is, they have done this so many times in the last 12 months it's stopped being a one off, a promotion, something you must make the most of now because you know theres going to be another one next month. The trick is to use this kind of think selectively.

I'd suggest trying to bring some of the crowds back that have drifted away with the poor team thus far, they might turn up for these two matches, but won't be back regularly until we track a better team, Covatti for Kennett was a start, but won't make much difference on it's own.