British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
cyclone

Edinburgh Vs Ipswich (pl) 16/5/2014

As per Official Monarchs website:-

TEAMS FOR THE PREMIER LEAGUE MATCH AT ARMADALE ON FRIDAY 16th MAY (start
time 7.30, doors open 6.30) are:

SCOTWASTE MONARCHS: Craig Cook, Justin Sedgmen, Max Fricke, Derek Sneddon
(capt.), Sam Masters, Aaron Fox, Steve Worrall.

IPSWICH WITCHES: Richie Worrall, Gino Manzares, Morten Risager, Cameron
Heeps, Rohan Tungate, Adam Ellis, Ritchie Hawkins.

The big question is will Ritchie Hawkins actually appear at the Dale :P

Can you enlighten me as to what this is about? If I remember correctly he had an unbelievable no show last year but don't know the story behind it.

Its a possibilty - he may fancy his chances against Fox!

(Edit to add big cheesy light hearted smiley)

Edited by dontforgetthefueltapsbruv

Embra lots and lots, Ippo very few.

• Like 2

Embra lots and lots, Ippo very few.

unfortunately Baggy us Witches fans cant even claim youre on a wind up with that one!!

Were planning an open top bus parade for a heat winner!!

• Like 3

Can you enlighten me as to what this is about? If I remember correctly he had an unbelievable no show last year but don't know the story behind it.

Dodgy Sat Nav when he gets too far North on a few occasions
  • Like 1

can only see us making it 12 from 12 and Hawkins pulling a sickie on Friday morning. :)

I can actually see Ippo winning this one.

They are nothing like as bad as is being made out.

whilst I dont see a win I agree we are a much better side than as is currently claimed by some.

Some poor form but when/if we get it right we will be a match for anyone. This weekend may be too early for that type of performance but Im confident it will come.

• Like 1

He always seems to pick up an "old" injury at Ipswich the night before he's due at Edinburgh .

We started the season very well, but the last few meetings we've looked absolutely woeful. Not just losing, but getting absolutely mauled.

Like I say though we started brightly, so it's a bit puzzling why we went from good, to downright dreadful with nothing in between.

One thing that has definitely hurt us so far this year though, is Heeps' struggles.

This is a kid who jumped from reserve last year, to the difficult number 2 position in the team, and continued scoring brilliantly there putting a couple of points on his average and walking away with the rider of the year awards.

We all know about his wrist, it was operated on unsuccessfully last winter, and a second op literally weeks before the season started.

Louis has since came out and said the wrist isn't a problem, but I'm not convinced with that at all.

The lad himself said it was a problem at Plymouth because of the track conditions, so is he still struggling with it or not?

Watching him race, he looks quick enough early doors, but then noticeably slows as the races go on and sometimes drifts wide looking like he's struggling to hang on.

We were banking on Heeps being one of the heatleaders this year, and he's riding like an average reserve, that's hurting us.

If Louis says the wrist isn't the problem, then we have to take his word for that.

If he's right, then it's another baffling one how he can look so good last year, to so poor this year.

That is some turnaround in form.

Edinburgh to win by 40. The operation Cameron had on his wrist was to take away the nerves or nerve, so he doesn't feel pain in his wrist, so I'm guessing it's just bad form. Last season he gated well so got plenty of race wins, this season he is gating like a junior.

He always seems to pick up an "old" injury at Ipswich the night before he's due at Edinburgh .

Okay, thanks for that. I was on the right kind of line then. That is really what I meant by "unbelievable".

I can't see anyone beating the Monarchs full stop, they kept Cookie this season and he has to be the best number one in the PL by a long way, and are a very strong side

• Like 1