British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Vincent Vega

Lakeside V Kings Lynn 19 May El A Sky Match

For young Adam Ellis to try that in front of TV camera's was extremely stupid, and very sad to see. The Lambert incident was almost as farcical as the ridiculous double points rule which is nothing more than a joke...

Yep, quite agree. Despite Gavan's usual denial that he does it, his obsession to have a go at at Poole at every opportunity is quite tedious and embarrassing.

How is it having a go at Poole. Could have been any team boss on twitter but it was Middlo again putting himself up for a fall.

and if the poole fans get touchy about light hearted banter they need to take a look at themselves. i was applauding the conduct of the lakeside fans

The comments Middlo made were on the Lakeside v Kings Lynn match which is what this thread is so why shouldnt someone comment on what he wrote

Well maybe that will shut up the so called experts on here who always moan bout the Lakeside track it was a good meeting. Iversen was superb and remember no Bjerre and effectively one reserve. Defiantly the outstanding team this season. Ref got both decisions right in my eyes and being an Ipswich fan I was disappointed in Adam basically cheating. Tatum proved what a clown he is by condoning it. Then fair play to Vatcher who agreed with the decision and made Tatum out to be the prat he is.

What Ellis did ( i have never rode speedway can we prove it was deliberate? maybe it could of been a engine issue) has happened in our sport for years it is nothing new what Tatum says is Correct.This rule seems decent the referee can use his discretion Lynn on a 5.1 in that race did not deserve to be punished so justice was done. Edited by sidney

And no Lakeside isnt as good a racetrack as Lynn or Peterboriugh but 2 evenly matched teams can lead to good close racing anywhere.

Whilst it was entertaining I would take issue with you that it was good racing, it was awful on a super slick track and if you missed the gate you lost. Watching Watt chase Lambert for 4 laps confirmed that.

The other talking points was their didn't look more than a few hundred watching and clearly niether of the team managers knew the rules.

• Like 2

Whether Adam stayed down or not (although i think he did) no one can ever prove it, ive seen some really lame looking falls in the past where riders have still hurt themselves to the point they need medical attention, there was one case many many seasons ago at Arena Essex where the ref excluded a rider and was going fine him for staying down when the poor sod had actually broken his leg, cant for the life of me remember the kids name but yet i recall he wore blue and white leathers, i will have to look it up but i think the ref was Chris Gay.

Whether the nature of the staying down is intentional or not the ref can award it if he feels no change in the order is likely, lets be honest they could have raced heat 14 over 12 laps, there is no way on that poor excuse of a track Lewis was going to get past anyone.

Kevin Jolly (Ippo) was the one i remember in an Old Farm Derby v Lynn.

Whilst it was entertaining I would take issue with you that it was good racing, it was awful on a super slick track and if you missed the gate you lost. Watching Watt chase Lambert for 4 laps confirmed that.

The other talking points was their didn't look more than a few hundred watching and clearly niether of the team managers knew the rules.

I would not normally agree with you BCD but you are spot on as far as last night was concerned, the track was far slicker than it has been or needed to be, no excuses.

RE the crowd, yes it looked poor on tv and whilst i was not there having regular knowledge of the lay of the land there i would guess maybe 500-600 tops, doesnt surprise me one bit, people who go to lakeside are seldom local to the Arena, petrol costs money so why pay for that when its on the telly, no special effort at all to advertise this meeting or encourage people to go, build it and they will come? ermmm no!

Just found out the name of the rider i was thinking of by look through old programmes, it was Luke Clifton

Whether Adam stayed down or not (although i think he did) no one can ever prove it,

He did stay down, it was a deliberate act.

WHAT A TEAM!

WHAT A PERFORMANCE!!

WE'RE GONNA WIN THE LEAGUE!!!

(off to lie down now).

I think it be best if you go for a laydown. Don't want you getting too excited. It was only a battle, we still have the war to win. :t:

I also remember that meeting at Kings Lynn. If memory serves me right got chased out of the stadium that night.

As I recall Lynn were on a 5-1 to win the meeting in heat 13 Jolly dropped it, was thrown out of the race. Louis won the rerun for a 3-3 and Ipswich won the meeting. Then a few years later who did Lynn sign..... Kevin Jolly.

What does anyone think of Lambert pulling a wheelie across the line after his mistake? Seems a strange thing to do, it's like celebrating a free kick, by running over to the crowd, like you had just scored a goal? Perhaps it was done out of embarrassment ? I know he's only 16 but it seemed a bit of an odd one....