British Speedway Forum
semion

Kings Lynn Stars V Poole Pirates Thursday 22nd May

GRW, we've had this conversation before. I predict what I honestly believe will happen. I got it spectacularly wrong on Monday but its always an honest opinion, nothing to do with being positive or negative. I honestly believe we may come unstuck tomorrow night but I hope I'm wrong again.

Absolutely, it's nothing to do with positivity or negativity. It's all about expectancy with our speedway history in the big league. I'm all for going mental winning matches that wasn't expected like I did Monday but winning the title :rofl: I'll wait until the title is in the cabinet before I start shooting off.

• Like 1

This meeting is pointless, Both sides already in the play-off's and Poole are holding back their trump cards for the play-off's.

Again that is the biggest load of b******s regarding Poole.............we don't need trump cards to get in the play offs...............or for them.............you don't have a clue about Poole at all............

RP

• Like 1

GRW, we've had this conversation before. I predict what I honestly believe will happen. I got it spectacularly wrong on Monday but its always an honest opinion, nothing to do with being positive or negative. I honestly believe we may come unstuck tomorrow night but I hope I'm wrong again.

When you support somebody or a team, rationalisation goes out of the window. you only see one side, there is only going to be one outcome. There is no competition your team are always going to win. You cannot understand why some people don't see it your way. It's obvious, your team is always the best....

That's the way a supporter will see it.......

If you really support your team, it is impossible to predict honestly......... Like you say you got it spectacularly wrong on Monday with your honest predictions so why not have more faith in the team you are supporting. We can do this.........

Of course we can do this, and I very much hope we do. But giving an honest opinion that we might lose makes me no less of a supporter than any other.

• Like 3

Absolutely, it's nothing to do with positivity or negativity. It's all about expectancy with our speedway history in the big league. I'm all for going mental winning matches that wasn't expected like I did Monday but winning the title :rofl: I'll wait until the title is in the cabinet before I start shooting off.

Most of the fun is in the anticipation of the achievement. Doing it your way and you miss out on all that...

Speedway history has nothing to do with it. Its all about now , to day, this years. Just because we failed in the past, that has nothing whatsoever to what we can achieve this year.

• Like 1

GRW. I just hope its a great nights speedway, win lose or draw. Give me entertainment everytime. The reason I am always unsure about The Stars at home, is because of the word HOME. Saddlebow ( Norfolk Arena) I honestly beleive is the fairest track in this Country for any true Speedway rider. Ok, It can be a bit of sod for anyone learning their trade but for the true professionals this is the sort of track they like to ride on. The Poole side tomorrow night is full of riders who should love it. We have never enjoyed any kind of home track advantage at this level.

Of course we can do this, and I very much hope we do. But giving an honest opinion that we might lose makes me no less of a supporter than any other.

This honest opinion will always have some form of bias, whether you appreciate it or not. Is it a safeguard in case we lose, or it could be the thought of not wanting to be too confident, or is it just being afraid to stand up to what you would like, all of these things put some bias to any honest opinions.

GRW. I just hope its a great nights speedway, win lose or draw. Give me entertainment everytime. The reason I am always unsure about The Stars at home, is because of the word HOME. Saddlebow ( Norfolk Arena) I honestly beleive is the fairest track in this Country for any true Speedway rider. Ok, It can be a bit of sod for anyone learning their trade but for the true professionals this is the sort of track they like to ride on. The Poole side tomorrow night is full of riders who should love it. We have never enjoyed any kind of home track advantage at this level.

Does that matter? our team knows the NA better than anyone. WE know every team that comes here have a chance, and Poole are no different.

But we are better then that, we can beat them, we have belief in that we are that good. We don't need track advantage to be successful. Look back to Monday at Lakeside. we didn't have track advantage there. We've taken points from every meeting this years and still we have the doubters......

I think you are missing the point. When you look at our home form so far this season, its been less than impressive. teams who I thought wouldnt not cause us a problem have. Poole, for me are the best team we will face this season, if anyone should turn us over at home, then Poole for my money will be that team. For balance I agree 100% with that this is the best line-up we have had since we returned to the Elite League.

As I said previous Speedway is not all about winning for me. Yes its good to win, but what I want is good competive racing. A few years back the fans at Lynn were getting p'eed off when we were taking teams to the cleaners and running up 60 plus scores every home meet. People were wishing for Lynn riders to miss the gate so at least they would see some form of racing. If lynn wanted a massive home track advantage, then Im sure Buster could make that happen, but the truth is we want a race track where all riders can turn up and have a go.

Again that is the biggest load of b******s regarding Poole.............we don't need trump cards to get in the play offs...............or for them.............you don't have a clue about Poole at all............

RP

http://47.storage2.sportowefakty.pl/featured/4f0ae5821db533_93563638.jpg

Edited by Liam Gallagher Fan

and this weeks new kks alias is.................................

i call out you out on your anti poole spiel once and now you think im kks? you are delusional.

According to the latest Greensheet's, Bjerre's average is 8.51 & Woffinden's 8.74.

Can someone explain how Tai can be used. I thought the guest had to have a lower average?

When you replace a rider at home you use his average plus 5% for any guest!!

The lad is certainly having a tough time this season.

I may be alone but I worry about Thursday. We've struggled at home this season and Poole are by far the strongest visitors we'll have and Darcy over Holder strengthens them again

A fully-fit Darcy over Holder, I might agree but he ain't going to be race-fit for a few weeks yet and will surely be taking it 'steadily' so as not risk the knee if he can help it. With the risk of rain and a likely heavy track, as I've said earlier I predict a 51-39 or similar home win!!

Woffy rode well on Monday but left his gating boots in Finland, - scored well until heat 15 when he was team rode out. And yesterday in Sweden he had some great battles, against top class riders (stronger than the GP IMO). Hampel scored 2 to put the strength into perspective!

I think you are missing the point. When you look at our home form so far this season, its been less than impressive. teams who I thought wouldnt not cause us a problem have. Poole, for me are the best team we will face this season, if anyone should turn us over at home, then Poole for my money will be that team. For balance I agree 100% with that this is the best line-up we have had since we returned to the Elite League.

As I said previous Speedway is not all about winning for me. Yes its good to win, but what I want is good competive racing. A few years back the fans at Lynn were getting p'eed off when we were taking teams to the cleaners and running up 60 plus scores every home meet. People were wishing for Lynn riders to miss the gate so at least they would see some form of racing. If lynn wanted a massive home track advantage, then Im sure Buster could make that happen, but the truth is we want a race track where all riders can turn up and have a go.

The point I'm trying to make is to get behind our team and support them. Cause we all want exciting racing and that is usually witnessed at home because the fairness of Saddlebow Road.

You say our home form has been poor, but on the contrary, we have won each of those matches. You are forgetting to give them other teams credit for the way they have performed. In all of our matches at home, there is always at least one home rider who was not performing as he would have liked, but still we won. Just imagine the scores, had all the riders performed 100% each time..

We have talked about visiting fans coming to Lynn and creating a good atmosphere with their vocal support, This year we have the makings of a really memorable season. If we cant have more faith and give a lot vocal encouragement , then we never will...

• Like 1