British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
CaptainAudi

Edinburgh Vs Glasgow (30th May)

True , they were popping wheelies on the back straight while ours hadn't reached the first bend . And thinking about , anyone wanting a pop about me complaining about last night , just be thankful you weren't stood beside me when we'd amassed the grand total of 12 points after heat 8 .

Despite flashes of good racing, namely the Masters/Thomsen scrap and Cookie taking Kevin in the later heats, it was a shame to see such a poor performance from the tigers. Thomsen looks a real find, but the rest of the team looked disinterested, with theo looking the worst for it.

I honestly hope you can string together a few wins and start to put bums on seats, the last two seasons have been poor compared to the 2011 team.

• Like 1

I was lucky enough to be working last night so i missed it but i couldn't agree more with George in that we are all sick to the back teeth now off all the excuses they have now went through the whole repotoire including the Track , My Engine , The Weather , Im not 100%, the track again , My Engine again, were just not all firing , and finally My engine again.

Last year was dire but how much more rubbish are we going to have to endure it really is NOT GOOD ENOUGH Whilst you never get it right all off the time except if you are Edinburgh off course the reverse is true off us in that it would be nice to get it right more than once every 10 years.

Bottom line the majority are now P1ssed off with forking out to continually watch the crap we are being given it is all fair & well Stewart saying that it isn't good enough well do something about it FFS instead off stating the obvious actions speak far louder than word's .

If any off the promotion come on here then surely even they must realise that people are now at cut off point and excuse after excuse won't wash any more , Even Dekker is having a good p1ss take at our expense and for once i cannot even put up any return to it.

Message to Glasgow Management

GET THIS SHAMBLES SORTED before there is nobody left .

Edited by Gazc
  • Like 3

Or just ones of the gal in the dress....

I wish!

Statement on Tigers website saying last night unacceptable, changes to come, fans updated tomorrow. In Speedway Star says Dimitri to have scan early to mid June to determine how his recovery is going. Doesn't sound like we'll see him anytime soon!

Bring on the changes!

I'm sure the couple changes will be in soon.

Is George Barclay on the tigers board? If so interesting comments from him on one of the tigers Facebook pages saying get behind the club and to many tigers fans run the club down. Also saying some fans should ask themselves if they really want speedway!

Is George Barclay on the tigers board? If so interesting comments from him on one of the tigers Facebook pages saying get behind the club and to many tigers fans run the club down. Also saying some fans should ask themselves if they really want speedway!

Yes he is on the board . And i find his comments patronising and annoying . He wasn't standing with us watching that dross last night , he wasn't " getting behind the club " like the couple of hundred of the rest of us did by turning up last night .

I sometimes wonder what happens to ordinary supporters when they get a whiff of importance , yes we were annoyed by that Tigers' performance last night - does that make us bad supporters ?

• Like 3

Find his comments odd and uncalled for after what both sets of fans had to watch last night. Really felt for the Tiger fans that were there last night

Yes he is on the board . And i find his comments patronising and annoying . He wasn't standing with us watching that dross last night , he wasn't " getting behind the club " like the couple of hundred of the rest of us did by turning up last night .

I sometimes wonder what happens to ordinary supporters when they get a whiff of importance , yes we were annoyed by that Tigers' performance last night - does that make us bad supporters ?

The paying customer is always entitled to air their view.

Too often I read posters on here who's opposing opinion suggests speedway is unique in the entertainment world and beyond reproach.

Do we want speedway?

Of course we do.

But just because you get a title doesn't mean you are qualified in the business world.

Just ask experienced businessmen who have much more business experience and acumen and who's businesses have gone bust. e.g. Comet, Ratners, Lehman Brothers, General Motors, Woolworths, Borders Books.

OK these companies went bust. But these are real businesses that took more money in an hour than Glasgow take in month, if not longer.

On another point, the nature of today's comments are of much concern.

Has this promotion not learned the lesson of last season?

The Promoters’ and Directors’ of Glasgow Speedway realise that the level of performance of the team last night at Edinburgh was totally unacceptable. We have been very patient and have given our current riders every opportunity to reach the level of performance we, and you, expect of them. Efforts are ongoing to improve the team in early course. We will provide a further statement during tomorrow’s meeting against Scunthorpe, inclusive of updating supporters regarding Dimitri.

This is unprofessional.

Do your business, then tell the public what's happened.

If a specific announcement is being made. What happens tomorrow in relation to the timing of making a public announcement? Do they tell the dropped riders before the meeting? Do they tell them during? Do they tell them after?

If it's a statement of intent, it will demoralise.

Which ever way, can we blame any rider for under-performing on a day when we need a win?

This announcement smacks of panic and is unacceptably unprofessional.

Looking to the future ... if you are a rider, would you want to join a team run like this?

Edited by george.m
  • Like 4

Ever since the new Promotion took over some of the press statements last season and this season have been worded oddly and timing of them always came at a random time rather when folk were wanting news.

If Henry is coming in he could be in for Berge depending on the numbers. Wolbert is where the real change is required. Whilst others harp on about Lemon he's in the team to score 5 or 6 points a meeting which for the most part he has, not to be a No1.

Theo should also take a good look at himself, I'm a big fan but he's been woeful over the last few weeks.

• Like 1

If Henry is coming in he could be in for Berge depending on the numbers. Wolbert is where the real change is required. Whilst others harp on about Lemon he's in the team to score 5 or 6 points a meeting which for the most part he has, not to be a No1.

Theo should also take a good look at himself, I'm a big fan but he's been woeful over the last few weeks.

Agreed , Lemon is a pale shadow of the rider he once was , but he's for the most part doing his job . Wolbert continues to frustrate . The last home meeting against Workington he wins heat 1 and does very little after that . Friday night he is woeful in his opening two rides , then scores 7 from his last three when the meeting is beyond us . We need a number 1 scoring a number 1's points , not just coming up with the occasional race win .

• Like 2

Firstly I hope the news is good re Berge. However, if it isn't and he is dropped !! what does that mean re making him a Glasgow asset?

Surely it would be too cruel for lightning to strike twice.

Re the team changes I guess you could argue a case to replace them all but I'd be surprised if that happened.

Who is out there?

Rosen

Henry

?

Foreign 5 pointer

Foreign 7 pointer

Firstly I hope the news is good re Berge. However, if it isn't and he is dropped !! what does that mean re making him a Glasgow asset?

Re the team changes I guess you could argue a case to replace them all but I'd be surprised if that happened.

Who is out there?

Rosen

Henry

?

Foreign 5 pointer

Foreign 7 pointer

It is a difficult one . Berge , we are told , will be back at some point . He actually drops to reserve today . But we are beginning to worry that it's going to be long term and he was the shining light of our season before he got hurt .

As for the rest . Anders Thomsen cant be faulted . The lad is riding out his skin , ok maybe he tries a wee bit too hard at times , but you canny criticise the lad for that . We'll see how he does out of the reserve position .

Kasper Lykke also cant be faulted . Fair enough he cant gate for toffee , but he tries his heart out in every race .

Now it gets more murkier . Theo Pijper is fine at home when he gates , more often than not he's ineffective when he doesn't . 5/10 for his performances so far .

Rusty Harrison has in the main done his job , apart from the last home match against Workington . The headache excuse for Friday's absence , hot on the heels of the disappointing return against Workington , got the rumour mill working overtime on Friday .

Mark Lemon is 41 and obviously not the force he once was , he's scoring the fives and sixes which is basically all we can expect .

Kevin Wolbert is the main disappointment . We know how good a rider he is , we've seen it in the past round Armadale and Ashfield when he was a Monarch What we have witnessed this season isn't even close to what he was just a couple of seasons ago . Mark Lemon scoring 5 and 6 is one thing , Wolbert scoring the same is quite another . We've heard all the excuses about engines etc , we've had enough . A number one scoring 5 and 6 isn't going to win his team many meetings .

Our bottom end is improving and exciting . The four experienced riders at the top aren't raising their game adequately enough ,and in Wolbert's case not at all .

Regardless what changes are made , nobody among the Tigers faithful would lose any sleep if any of the top 4 are replaced .

• Like 1

Who is out there?

Rosen

Henry

?

Foreign 5 pointer

Foreign 7 pointer

Wouldn't imagine we would be dropping Dimitri that would be just plain silly the way i read it is he is due another scan and that will determine how long or short the period he will be out if we have to replace him through long term injury then my understanding is that he is a protected asset during the injury healing process we will just need to wait & see what transpires.

We have got behind them and for what return one good year in 5 or 6 George should ask himself if he was still a fan would he be so accepting and if he had to spend the best part off 50 quid by the poor souls that had to witness that on Friday.

No George i don't think you would stop treating the fan's as mug's and stop the emotional blackmail bit it won't wash anymore over the years the fan's have dug deep in keeping the club afloat with plea after plea all we asked in return was a competitive team on track to be proud off have George and any off his fellow Director's / Promoter's delivered i will leave that for them to answer.

• Like 1