British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

Swedish Gp Malilla Saturday June 14th

Pedersen dives in ,zagar turns early to protect his line .they come together and travel around 8ft in control and pedersen dosent leave the white line ,then pedersen is slightly infront when there is minimal contact and zagar's bike straightens like a footrest has flicked a chain off and zagar goes down .its a hard move but not a dangerous one and from a front view you would see this. Correct decision to exclude pedersen but just a hard move that most riders would do in a GP. what happens after is what speedway needs .it gets people talking about the sport

Edited by THE DEAN MACHINE
  • Like 9

Pedersen dives in ,zagar turns early to protect his line .they come together and travel around 8ft in control and pedersen dosent leave the white line ,then pedersen is slightly infront when there is minimal contact and zagar's bike straightens like a footrest has flicked a chain off and zagar goes down .its a hard move but not a dangerous one and from a front view you would see this. Correct decision to exclude pedersen but just a hard move that most riders would do in a GP. what happens after is what speedway needs .it gets people talking about the sport

I've seen a lot worse moves at Berwick on a Saturday night , there's been a massive over reaction to this

• Like 3

I've seen a lot worse moves at Berwick on a Saturday night , there's been a massive over reaction to this

Don't think the move was the issue, more the lack of concern when Zagar was in the fence, the kick and the laughing and ear cupping in the pits. I can't stand Pedersen personally, BUT as a pantomime villain he will be missed when he retires and will take some replacing.

• Like 6

Just caught up with the meeting. Great meeting with excellent racing. Which is why temporary tracks will never produce this level of racing.

Excellent to see Woffy flying again.

Pedersen does what Pedersen does. Just downright dirty and lacking any respect

• Like 1

No names but I recall a 1940s incident at New Cross when after the race because he had been overtaken by a home junior rider, a visiting international after the race charged his bike at the junior - who luckily escaped serious injury or damage to his bike. The offending visitor was banned from the rest of the meeting by the then ACU Steward. It was a far more serious incident than what took place between Nicki Pedersen and Matej Zagar.

Edited by Guest

We all know Pedersen is a wee rat who likes to dish it out but isn't too keen on taking it back. But like GB says speedway needs a controversial villain for the punters to boo and talk about on here and it will be that wee bit duller when he eventually chucks it. Tell you what though, he wouldn't have lasted two minutes back in the days of real hard men like Millen, Browning, Leadbitter, Grant, Gresham...et al. I would love to have seen him try something like that at Glasgow when auld Jimmy Beaton was in his pomp....just ask Nigel Flatman :P ...................Jeezo could you imagine what this forum would have been like if it was around in the 70s :shock::t:

• Like 1

I agree regarding your view of the incident,but Nicki antics in the pits were disgraceful for a professional sportsman .No respect for him.
  • Like 1

I agree regarding your view of the incident,but Nicki antics in the pits were disgraceful for a professional sportsman .No respect for him.

That was all for the benefit of the TV cameras a lot worse goes on in the pits that we never see

• Like 3

That was all for the benefit of the TV cameras a lot worse goes on in the pits that we never see

Possibly,but it does Nicki no favours IMO.

I dont even think Pedersen should have been excluded,Riders were divebombing into that corner all night,Zagar himself doing it in one race with Woffinden.Pedersens move into that corner was light compared to when he runs a rider completely out of room,The main fact was Zagar wasnt going to give an inch,nothing wrong in that,and it would have been a great race to the line if they hadnt of tangled.Also thought Nikki was getting up to try and get a point out of the race if Zagar hadnt hadd aquite word!!!

it also not a borefest like soccer is

I had been out all day so didn't get home until 10.30. Toyed with the idea of watching the England v Italy match but, in the end, decided to watch the GP. Glad I made the right choice.

• Like 2

TBF. my comment on facebook earlier was, "What a wimp Pedersen! Kick him then ride off then goad him when there's enough people around to save you!" but I still don't see how that deserving of a ban! It just makes him a bit of a dick.

I guess because Zagar was very lucky to not break his legs when he crashed? So glad some people have seen that Pedersen is NO pantomime villain, he really is a bad on track, but what comes around goes around!

Ah yes, those antics where he's in his own pit stall.

Zagar is the one who struck out first, with a pathetic little slap. Then again in the pits another pathetic little slap. Pretty clear Zagar didn't really want any part of Pedersen.

It was a racing incident, not a dirty move, Zagar couldn't handle it, he's the one who wasn't professional.

Anyway it adds to the entertainment..

• Like 3

Just seen the replay. Hard move, have seen worse,and nobody hurt.

Nicki Pedersen is worth the entry fee by himeself. Good meeting but Nicki made.it better with hard riding.

When he has retired we will miss him.

• Like 5

Just seen the replay. Hard move, have seen worse,and nobody hurt.

Nicki Pedersen is worth the entry fee by himeself. Good meeting but Nicki made.it better with hard riding.

When he has retired we will miss him.

I won't miss him because he is reckless,Zagar was damn lucky went in both legs first also was lucky his bike didnt collect him also.A three time world champion never in my list of great champions never has never will be hard but be FAIR!