British Speedway Forum
Rob B

Belle Vue V Lakeside 9/6/14

it was defo heat 13 as I thought it was rather harsh on PK who I thought had finished 3rd..

It was in fact watt who finished in 3rd!

What they should have is female starting Marshalls... Bit like the old time NHS Matron. Now who would argue with them ?

Yes the one in Finland was 100% perfect if memory serves!!!!!!?? :D

Nicholls wasn't looking left or right, he was looking at the tapes directly in front of him.

So it is possible he saw PK out of the corner of his eye, and PK did move.

As you say PK was moving Sky showed it, Zorro did it to Tony R and he hit the the tapes, so it can happen to any rider.

it was defo heat 13 as I thought it was rather harsh on PK who I thought had finished 3rd..

It was in fact watt who finished in 3rd!

Don't know about heat 13 but defiantly done it in ht 15 suspect it was aimed at Watt who was doing abit of mocking towards Zager after Nichols touch tapes.
  • Like 1

Still one or two people doing nothing but moan about the quality of racing. Those people need to find a dark room, give there heads a wobble and knock on when your ready to come back to planet earth.

I travel up and down the country watching speedway, live, trackside. I happen to live in manchester so support belle vue, and that was the best meeting I've watched in months. From leicster, to Sheffield, Birmingham, you name it.

Some people need to drop their agendas, and I include some riders in particular one who was spouting off again tonight.

A perfectly prepared track considering the weather. Congratulations to BV on presenting themselves the way they did. One of the best sky meetings this year.

One of the best I have seen this season, too.

• Like 1

You are clearly very uneducated shale searcher,

:rolleyes:

• Like 1

As a neutral, thought last nights meeting was one of the better ones seen on sky for a long time.

And to say that about a belle vue meeting too is quite a surprise.

Well done to all who contributed !

Happy days

• Like 1

I do not think that PK can be blamed for Scottie touching the tapes in heat 15, Scottie is old and experienced enough , not to fall for that trick, if indeed PK moved at all, it must have only been slightly.

Two tape exclusions cost BV dearly, and if Zagar had intended to go through the tapes in heat one, why didn't they get Palm Toft to do it, giving BVs No1 a better chance from the tapes.

Track was OK in the circumstances, but played right into the strengths of Lakeside, and Davey Watt wants to wind his neck in, totally uncalled for comments, did he get booed after his lack lustre performance as a guest for BV at Eastbourne over the weekend I wonder, at least BV know now never to ask him to guest for them again.

I always feel now that a draw is a like you have lost the meeting, BV's chances of making the Play-Offs are getting further away.

Don't think its a case of falling for that trick. When you're concentrating so hard at the tapes waiting for them to move, a slight move in your eyeline I would have thought could cause you to drop the clutch, natural reaction. It happens.

And just to add another example, if indeed any was needed, or Sky's biased reporting. The strap-line on their website for last night's meeting today reads 'Aces High after fightback'.

So despite Belle Vue losing out two points at home and not actually winning - no story, nor inference throughout the subsequent report, of how we actually did so well; being the only team to have gone to Kirky Lane this season and taken anything away. Even Poole got tonked there at the end of April.

And as for last night's meeting:

- Constant references of how Belle Vue were missing Cook. No mention whatsoever of how we were similarly missing Richard Lawson.

- To counterbalance Cook's absence, no mention of how Simon Stead's contribution of 10 points was much higher than that return usually scored by Worrall.

- Constant references relating how wonderful Scott Nicholls performs at Belle Vue, despite him scoring only 8 points from 6 rides.

- An accusation by Tatum that PK's movement led Nicholls to break the tapes - clearly not the case. Fair play to Pearson on that one - he kept totally schtum during the replay as he could clearly see that is counterpart was clearly talking out of his backside.

- Questions over Rory going wide on the first bend (causing Lee Payne to fall) which "could have been viewed differently by some refs" - despite the fact Rory was at least a bike length in front; whereas Nicholls going wide and nearly taking Davey out was viewed as 'a great move'.

- No meaningful recognition of our efforts in getting two away points; the emphasis in commentary being solely how Belle Vue had pulled it back.

But thinking back to last night's meeting I'm still bloody incensed at how Sky forever appear to have this stance of being anti-Hammers.

Fair Play to The Aces for getting a draw last night - nothing whatsoever against Belle Vue.

But unfortunately, the term 'fair play' cannot be similarly attributed to Pearson, Tatum nor any of the rest of the Sky Speedway 'happy little quango back-slappers club'. Personally, I just wish that last season's coverage would have been Sky's last; and possibly for the reigns to be taken over by someone else. In my honest opinion, Sky needs Speedway more than Speedway needs Sky!

He said it MAY have caused Nicholls to break the tapes! Which it may well have we'll never know.

Edited by CardinalSin

Enjoyed meeting too was entertained throughout.

And just to add another example, if indeed any was needed, or Sky's biased reporting. The strap-line on their website for last night's meeting today reads 'Aces High after fightback'.

So despite Belle Vue losing out two points at home and not actually winning - no story, nor inference throughout the subsequent report, of how we actually did so well; being the only team to have gone to Kirky Lane this season and taken anything away. Even Poole got tonked there at the end of April.

And as for last night's meeting:

- Constant references of how Belle Vue were missing Cook. No mention whatsoever of how we were similarly missing Richard Lawson.

- To counterbalance Cook's absence, no mention of how Simon Stead's contribution of 10 points was much higher than that return usually scored by Worrall.

- Constant references relating how wonderful Scott Nicholls performs at Belle Vue, despite him scoring only 8 points from 6 rides.

- An accusation by Tatum that PK's movement led Nicholls to break the tapes - clearly not the case. Fair play to Pearson on that one - he kept totally schtum during the replay as he could clearly see that is counterpart was clearly talking out of his backside.

- Questions over Rory going wide on the first bend (causing Lee Payne to fall) which "could have been viewed differently by some refs" - despite the fact Rory was at least a bike length in front; whereas Nicholls going wide and nearly taking Davey out was viewed as 'a great move'.

- No meaningful recognition of our efforts in getting two away points; the emphasis in commentary being solely how Belle Vue had pulled it back.

But thinking back to last night's meeting I'm still bloody incensed at how Sky forever appear to have this stance of being anti-Hammers.

Fair Play to The Aces for getting a draw last night - nothing whatsoever against Belle Vue.

But unfortunately, the term 'fair play' cannot be similarly attributed to Pearson, Tatum nor any of the rest of the Sky Speedway 'happy little quango back-slappers club'. Personally, I just wish that last season's coverage would have been Sky's last; and possibly for the reigns to be taken over by someone else. In my honest opinion, Sky needs Speedway more than Speedway needs Sky!

That's a bit of a rant - so what if Sky don't like your team!?!?! Lakeside have been there or thereabouts for a good number of years whereas Belle Vue have been languishing at the very bottom for the best part of a decade (except the year Swindon gave them a break). Everyone likes an underdog!!

And remember Tatum rode for Lakeside for many years so hardly anti-Lakeside.

Edited by Steve0

People must be embarrassed about what they post when angry or drunk..

What was Vatcher on about? Bech clearly touched Stead, causing him to fall, but Nicholls was nowhere near Bech and had no impact on the incident

Hope he felt embarrassed by his comments when he saw it on TV