British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Django

Workington Vs Edinburgh 14th June 7pm (premier League)

Take it worky don't have 2 ambulances... But to think the nearest ambulance is an hour away beggars belief in this day and age.

• Like 1

Not acceptable IMO.

Best wishes to Kyle.

• Like 1

Tiresome announcer calling Ryan Fisher a dangerous rider, seconds after bach knocked Poole off into the air fence. After the race! This guys a muppet.

Im confused - Ryan Fisher isnt even riding?

Best wishes to Kyle

The doctor had to accompany Kyle in the ambulance and wouldn't have been back for at least an hour. Once he's administered morphine, he has to stay with him.

No doctor, no racing.

Edited by me2
  • Like 1

Best wishes to Kyle,by a strange coincidence when Kyle was injured against Berwick at Workington the doctor gave him morphine and had to accompany him to hospital.Does this happen at other tracks.

Best wishes to Kyle,by a strange coincidence when Kyle was injured against Berwick at Workington the doctor gave him morphine and had to accompany him to hospital.Does this happen at other tracks.

NO. We usually have three Doctors, and always run with two ambulances. A third ambulance(Land Rover type) is also in the pits but used for personnel transport to our meeting.

• Like 1

The doctor had to accompany Kyle in the ambulance and wouldn't have been back for at least an hour. Once he's administered morphine, he has to stay with him.

No doctor, no racing.

ah so it wasn't due to lack of an ambulance then... That explains it better..thanks.

Hope he's ok.

Edited by Arson fire

Yes, it certainly will do, morphine is an opiate, very powerful and highly addictive and can only be administered by trained medical staff, once done you can never tell just how individual people will react to it's effects hence the Doctor always has to be there.

ah so it wasn't due to lack of an ambulance then... That explains it better..thanks.

Hope he's ok.

Well, yes it was in a way, the county ambulance wasn't available for ages so Kyle was taken to hospital in the St John Ambulance with the Doctor present, so in effect we had no ambulance of any sort and no Doctor at the track, as the curfew would have been pretty much upon us by the time the medical cover could get back it was decided by both management's to call the meeting off now rather than wait!!

Take it worky don't have 2 ambulances... But to think the nearest ambulance is an hour away beggars belief in this day and age.

It really is . You feel for the injured rider , but that's ridiculous

It really is . You feel for the injured rider , but that's ridiculous

That's NHS cutbacks for you, as has been stated elsewhere, there are two ambulance depots within a few miles of the ground but they are not on standby for Workington Speedway?

Understand your concern, but this is the first time I can ever remember an ambulance not being available to take anyone from DP not just injured riders, certainly hope it's not a portent of things to come?

Don't know the set up with St John Ambulance so I'm not aware of how many vehicles they can provide to speedway at any one time, costs are certainly going to be in there somewhere but I am not privy to the arrangements they have so I certainly wont point the finger at anyone, very unfortunate outcome but, as long as Kyle is OK that's my main concern and, from what I witnessed, he was well looked after by the medics who were there, just a shame we didn't have anymore available!! :neutral:

Edited by Lord Lucan
  • Like 1

Suitable cover to enable a meeting to continue with a rider going to hospital should be mandatory. There will always be extremes, but for a single incident there shouldn't be any excuse.

That's NHS cutbacks for you, as has been stated elsewhere, there are two ambulance depots within a few miles of the ground but they are not on standby for Workington Speedway?

Understand your concern, but this is the first time I can ever remember an ambulance not being available to take anyone from DP not just injured riders, certainly hope it's not a portent of things to come?

Don't know the set up with St John Ambulance so I'm not aware of how many vehicles they can provide to speedway at any one time, costs are certainly going to be in there somewhere but I am not privy to the arrangements they have so I certainly wont point the finger at anyone, very unfortunate outcome but, as long as Kyle is OK that's my main concern and, from what I witnessed, he was well looked after by the medics who were there, just a shame we didn't have anymore available!! :neutral:

I don't know about the ambulance situation but when Kyle crashed with Complin the doctor had to go in the ambulance and the meeting was abandoned.More than 1 doctor might be the solution.

and we should all be picking up a grand a week in our wage packet. but we are not..just like having enough life jackets on a boat. you either get one, or you dont.lol.

• Like 1