British Speedway Forum
Star Lady

Banning Dangerous Riders

Yes but Hampel would love that being a gating tart and cant pass wind

you wanna kill what little racing we have dish out red cards!!!

I a simply answering a question that another poster queried,based on what I read in Speedway star.
  • Like 1

The real problem is that it is the Nicki Pedersens of this World that folk want to see. Personally I don't like some of his tactics or behaviour - but I guess, if you want to up your Crowds then you employ a Team of Pedersens.

I know that the Crowd at Sunderland was usually pretty good when Jack Millen was in our Team. The problem with characters like these is that they give you what you want - excitement.

The thing is that people Love to Hate a Villain and Nicki is definitely one of them.

• Like 1

My Main issue with Pedersen is he fails to apologise when he is dangerous - the incident with Zagar was coming from about lap 2 he was diving inside him every bend. I am all close racing and hard riding the fans want to see it, but it seems strange that he is always involved in these incidents. So the proposed idea could be tried out.

The other issue with Pedersen is in his press conference he says he has never punched anyone - but he has ran Emil Sayfutdinov repeatedly into the fence after a race in Copenhagen (2012) and did the same with Andersen in Cardiff (2010) after they did moves which he'd be proud of. it seems he's happy to dish out hard riding but not take it

• Like 1

I personally agree with this idea. The riders that pull off this stupid manovers that could threaten the lives on the fact that the rider could be so badly injured that he could never ride again. We need to stamp out this dangerous riding by a very few stupid individuals.

Some people like to see it and say it just part of the racing. But to cut someone up and take thier racicing line with no opion other than to go into the fence or bail off the bike if you have time, ifs far from sporting. Some of these riders are riding against each other week in week out in different leagues throughout the world.

I hope it is not only a matter of time before one of them retaliate and hit back at a rider that has treated them badly at another meeting and sending them crashing out to cause terrible damage or even killing them.

It as got to be stopped before it has gone to far

He was taken out by Smolinski. He has suffered from 2 fractured vertibrea. V3 and V5. He may be out for 6 weeks or more.

This stubid riding has to be stopped. Not sure what actually happened but I am sure someone can tell us

He was taken out by Smolinski. He has suffered from 2 fractured vertibrea. V3 and V5. He may be out for 6 weeks or more.

This stubid riding has to be stopped. Not sure what actually happened but I am sure someone can tell us

youve just told us what happend??
  • Like 1

youve just told us what happend??

Without seeing it...

I've read about two red cards over past two years. The other was Miedzinski finishing Emil in polish league and the other one was someone else.

Consistency between refs world wide is the problem here.

Who would you rather pay money to go and watch Nicki Pedersen and Darcy Ward or Greg Hancock and Jarek Hampel . Speedway always has loved to revel and heap derision on it's so called bad guys in equal measures . We need the bad guys to put bums on seats .

Was Glasgow v Edinburgh a tastier contest when it was Parker v Fisher , you bet it was .

Edited by Paulco
  • Like 1

So it looks like people would rather go to watch riders that don't give 2 hoots about other riders safety and watch them get slammed into the fence. That is until one of of those riders gets carried off to the morgue. I for one would rather go to see riders that have a little bit of guts about them but in the end give a gare for the other riders.

There is a limit to how far you want to call it good riding or being a danger on the track to the other riders. There are far to many bad accidents as seen in the last couple of seasons. You only have to look at some of the injuries. 2 riders last year with brain injuries, and other with bad broken bones. Not only top riders but there have been far to many crashes with the new reserves who are trying way to hard. Kyle Newman springs to mind with some very dangerous over taking manovers, mark my word it will not be long before someone is killed.

Would you be the one who wanted to go and tell the parents or wives or girl friends that so and so is dead. I wouldn't.

Lets stamp it out now, we can still see good riding without all this kamakazii piolet stuff. Lets keep the riders safe.

So it looks like people would rather go to watch riders that don't give 2 hoots about other riders safety and watch them get slammed into the fence. That is until one of of those riders gets carried off to the morgue. I for one would rather go to see riders that have a little bit of guts about them but in the end give a gare for the other riders.

There is a limit to how far you want to call it good riding or being a danger on the track to the other riders. There are far to many bad accidents as seen in the last couple of seasons. You only have to look at some of the injuries. 2 riders last year with brain injuries, and other with bad broken bones. Not only top riders but there have been far to many crashes with the new reserves who are trying way to hard. Kyle Newman springs to mind with some very dangerous over taking manovers, mark my word it will not be long before someone is killed.

Would you be the one who wanted to go and tell the parents or wives or girl friends that so and so is dead. I wouldn't.

Lets stamp it out now, we can still see good riding without all this kamakazii piolet stuff. Lets keep the riders safe.

Dont think anyone is saying that , far from it actually . As speedway fans we get thrilled by riders fighting their way to the front from the back , that in itself carries certain risks .

Despite your ridiculous post , i dont believe for a minute riders go out to fence other riders . Ok you get the odd inappropriate rush of blood to the head , but in general there is total respect between the riders

• Like 4

I've read about two red cards over past two years. The other was Miedzinski finishing Emil in polish league and the other one was someone else.

Consistency between refs world wide is the problem here.

Whats the rule though, or is this under the fact that a Speedway referee's can pretty much do what they want?

I remember at Wimbledon when they raced Carmathen and Cory Blackman (I think) was disqualified from his next ride due to his actions during one race.

I remember at Wimbledon when they raced Carmathen and Cory Blackman (I think) was disqualified from his next ride due to his actions during one race.

I've never heard of that before . I'm not disputing it , but i've only heard of referees throwing riders out of the rest of a meeting , not just the one race

The card system is a great idea but-

To do this every track has to have TV replays available at all tracks. We can't rely on referees making correct calls.

At the meeting's referees can only issue yellow cards.

If a rider receives 2 or more yellow cards then the video evidence is sent to an independent panel to review (a little like F1).

If the panel deem the rider dangerous they're issued a red card and suspended for 3 matches.

Clubs that have a suspended rider can only use a guest with a 20% lower average.

3 red cards in a season under 1 organisation i.e. SGP, SEC, British, Swedish, Polish league etc would result in a 6 month Worldwide suspension.

Meeting referees can only issue red cards for violent conduct.

I repeat though, this can only be achieved with full meeting recordings, not just some dude with a camcorder and an independent panel