British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
g13webb

Swindon Robins Vs Kings Lynn Stars (thurs 3rd July)

Just hope Swindon make the play-offs then - they might even win a trophy :wink:

Hope they do if Stars don't. Rather Swindon than Poole. Impressive win from 4 down and without Steve Worrall as well.

Hope the meeting is as close on Saturday and we can nick a point off the Eagles.

Great win for Robins just shows if you are not fully on ya game you will get turned over. Lynn couldn't match Swindons 2nd string strength and that's all it takes

• Like 1

A quiet night for both the world number three and our senior reserve too. Rory apart they were all under par, was going to happen eventually.

Great performance from the Robins with all 6 riders winning a race & a great guest in Charles who has been a thorn against us often enough.

Big up to Troy who really stepped up to the plate with his 3 last rides.

• Like 1

Swindon are going need a lot more before people start Talking about Play offs . Kings Lynn bar Rory were below par tonight

Swindon are going need a lot more before people start Talking about Play offs . Kings Lynn bar Rory were below par tonight

Were we below par though our has Swindon just shown their potential. Don't underestimate what you've got, could now be peaking at the right time

Welcome back English! Looking forward to this but can only see a complete trashing of the Robins and it takes a lot for me to say that!

Agreed, total annihilation due-if it don't drizzle a bit at 7:20pm!

I know nothing, brilliant meeting-best so far this season that I have seen (and I have only missed one!) Well done you little Rockin' Robins-does our season start here?

Were we below par though our has Swindon just shown their potential. Don't underestimate what you've got, could now be peaking at the right time

Kings Lynn were below par ...Never expected much from Porsing or Robert Lambert but Puk ,Kenny and Kerr were poor

Fantastic night of speedway at the Abbey...superb comeback from the Robins to inflict KL's heaviest defeat of the season, real captain's performance from Batch in heats 13 and 15, and good all-round teamwork, especially Charlie Wright. One of the best Swindon fightbacks for a while, and 4 points taken off the runaway leaders in 2 matches... good weather and decent-size crowd.

Just need more consistency to reach the top 4.

I don't think I'll ever work Kenneth Bjerre out. He's an odd one......

Well done the Robins though. :t: Proof, that no team is infallible. It's still a long way to the play off dates and a lot can happen before then and on the nights in question.

Remember 2010 when the Pirates thought they had it in the bag? :D

Ah well - had to happen sooner or later - gratz to the Robins.

Whaaa?! - makes me laugh how others big us up then suddenly (when we FINALLY fail to get some points in a match) we're overrated! Geez :blink:

Did you miss the two winks Star Fever.... :D

Went to Swindon to see them get turned over by King's Lynn... it didn't go according to the script ;)

KL just fell apart after the interval, while Swindon got stronger.

All the best

Rob

• Like 1

I don't think I'll ever work Kenneth Bjerre out. He's an odd one......

Well done the Robins though. :t: Proof, that no team is infallible. It's still a long way to the play off dates and a lot can happen before then and on the nights in question.

Remember 2010 when the Pirates thought they had it in the bag? :D

Yep, and none of us Stars fans have that kind of arrogance thank god. It ain't over until the last race of the season.

• Like 3

Great result for the Robins, and thanks to Charles Wright, who on the night was as good as Steve. Our second strings easily beat the stars and our heat leaders, apart from Troys first two rides showed what they could do.

We need to do that every week at Blunsdon.

Too many pessimists predicted we would get beaten.

Also enjoyed the second half, we need one more often.

• Like 4

Yep, and none of us Stars fans have that kind of arrogance thank god. It ain't over until the last race of the season.

I've certainly not come across it Screamer. Not sure who the Swindon fans are that have said it. But I have a good idea who one might be ;)