British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
topaz325

Workington V Sheffield 27/07/14 15:00 Hrs (pl)

Maybe DP had run out of morphine?

Howarth has not recovered yet from his dose.....

then the question is why wasnt the doctor informed of the equipment he required, and although he might only turn up 30 mins before hand, he must have checked his equipment before he set off, so once again why didnt he know what was required?

Because he isn't the regular Doctor or ambulance team that we usually have , it had been sent as a stand in , so a failure in communication to him as to what was required for a speedway meeting, which surely should have came from the medical team

• Like 1

Because he isn't the regular Doctor or ambulance team that we usually have , it had been sent as a stand in , so a failure in communication to him as to what was required for a speedway meeting, which surely should have came from the medical team

shambles julie, you will have to leave the stadium for a bite to eat next, then you will book crap guests to boot..... It's never our fault lol lol :)

If Worky wanted the meeting off why the hell would they get both teams riders here and have to pay all expenses etc etc , could have just went with the weather forecast and called the bloody thing off with rain forecast to come in from 3pm :rolleyes: so sorry that theory right out the window. As like most chipping in on here , who haven't a clue what the facts are . As for travelling Sheffield fans out of pocket , try going all the way Somerset for a "rain off" cough splutter and to Berwick , but not even get your entry money back either, its the chance you take in speedway, so no different to any other fans. A stand in Dr turning up without approriate medical equipment , and thats a promotions fault ?? Surely their responsibility to turn up for a job with correct equip , whos responsibility would it be if a rider turned up without a bike , the promotions too ?? :rolleyes:

thats OK then because it has happened to others, but not the same reason, its OK for fans to be out of pocket

and people ask where are all the fans going

• Like 1

The Chief Medical Officer must sign the meeting certificate in the presence of the Clerk of The Course before the meeting can start so why was it signed, then some 40 minutes later it was found out that the Doctor/Paramedic did not have their trauma kit, when there should have been a kit to NHS standard carried on the vehicle, the only other reason is that the CMO forgot his controlled drugs for anaesthesia or life support. but I get the feeling that the medics are being the scapegoats

Edited by starshooter

Right, with all these shenanigans, I will make sure that I don't go to Workington anytime soon! I feel really sorry for our Sheffield supporters today that made that massive trip up there! Costs a lot of money in fuel and other expenses. Hope it doesn't trend or I'll not be visiting many away matches for a while!

then the question is why wasnt the doctor informed of the equipment he required, and although he might only turn up 30 mins before hand, he must have checked his equipment before he set off, so once again why didnt he know what was required?

thats the thing was it a misunderstanding or just taking it for granted the doctor new what he needed

but the good thing is it was spotted before it was too late and a rider was down injured without the correct medical kit to treat him so maybe the set up at derwent park is better than other tracks after all how do we know that some tracks dont run without proper cover in place

The Chief Medical Officer must sign the meeting certificate in the presence of the Clerk of The Course before the meeting can start so why was it signed, then some 40 minutes later it was found out that the Doctor/Paramedic did not have their trauma kit, when there should have been a kit to NHS standard carried on the vehicle, the only other reason is that the COM forgot his controlled drugs for anaesthesia or life support. but I get the feeling that the medics are being the scapegoats

who says it was signed the meeting never got underway

Yes, we don't know generally, maybe something needs to be done to ensure that more than adequate medical cover is in force at all tracks! But it is not good enough to realise that just before a meeting that the medical kit is not good enough...

Heavens forbid it's a lack of organization from the club itself. Because you know, it'd never be their fault would it? :icon_smile_clown:

What an absolute shambles. I just can't believe there's actually fans defending their club over this when they're clearly in the wrong. But blind loyalty goes a long way i suppose. Unfortunately not every fan will put up with such amateur workings and there's no way speedway can run off die hard alone. Hopefully this will be the end of it and the promotion will put in effort so it doesn't happen again. Especially now the last thing we need is another club struggling. but stuff like this is only going to push more and more away.

• Like 8

If Worky wanted the meeting off why the hell would they get both teams riders here and have to pay all expenses etc etc , could have just went with the weather forecast and called the bloody thing off with rain forecast to come in from 3pm :rolleyes: so sorry that theory right out the window. As like most chipping in on here , who haven't a clue what the facts are . As for travelling Sheffield fans out of pocket , try going all the way Somerset for a "rain off" cough splutter and to Berwick , but not even get your entry money back either, its the chance you take in speedway, so no different to any other fans. A stand in Dr turning up without approriate medical equipment , and thats a promotions fault ?? Surely their responsibility to turn up for a job with correct equip , whos responsibility would it be if a rider turned up without a bike , the promotions too ?? :rolleyes:

Right okay we have established that the trying to get the meeting off is incorrect and I did say I did not believe that one.

Your theory that this no worse that traveling for a meeting and the meeting been cancelled due to weather and not getting their entry money back is complete and utter tosh, and you know it. The Promotion does not employ the weather they do employ the medical team and they do have some control over that matter.

And hopefully someone will correct me if I am wrong has this not happened before to Workington.

If it has then what happened today show a lack of disregard by the Workington management and they should have made plans that when a replacement medical team comes they have the necessary equipment.

Like I say if it has happened before then the buck I am afraid stops firmly with the Promotion and for me the club should receive a fine for what has happened. .

• Like 1

Quite correct, the Workington promotion run the meeting "not" the CMO's kit bag!!

Again, this is just down to a miscommunication between the usual medical staff as to what was required by the CMO on the day, once established that an item of major importance is missing then all the guy can do at that point is to fess up and tell the promotion what has happened and then try to rectify the problem which, clearly, failed on this occasion?

It was a miserable way to end a meeting and what with the previous ambulance incident v E,boro still lurking about makes two medical mishaps, just wondering now when the next one will take place to complete our "three"!! :sad:

A disappointingly long trip for the few Sheffield fans who came up and never saw a wheel turned but hey, do what I do, just smile and say, that was a long way to go for a plate of chips, been there, seen it, done it, it never gets any better but at least you got your dosh back on the day, hope you all got home safe? :t:

• Like 1

Quite correct, the Workington promotion run the meeting "not" the CMO's kit bag!!

Again, this is just down to a miscommunication between the usual medical staff as to what was required by the CMO on the day, once established that an item of major importance is missing then all the guy can do at that point is to fess up and tell the promotion what has happened and then try to rectify the problem which, clearly, failed on this occasion?

It was a miserable way to end a meeting and what with the previous ambulance incident v E,boro still lurking about makes two medical mishaps, just wondering now when the next one will take place to complete our "three"!! :sad:

A disappointingly long trip for the few Sheffield fans who came up and never saw a wheel turned but hey, do what I do, just smile and say, that was a long way to go for a plate of chips, been there, seen it, done it, it never gets any better but at least you got your dosh back on the day, hope you all got home safe? :t:

So a

re you telling me that this not the first time that this has happened?

You simply can't compare this to a rain off. One is something that is utterly beyond the control of anyone, the other is slipshod human incompetence.

Every fan knows the risk of travelling to away meetings due to the inconsistent British weather. No fan would think about not going due to the possibility of there not being adequate medical equipment.

I think Cyclone is right when he points to the doctor concerned, but Spinny is also right when he states that the buck stops with the promotion because they have the ultimate responsibility of ensuring that the meeting can go ahead.

Edited by Halifaxtiger
  • Like 1

Right okay we have established that the trying to get the meeting off is incorrect and I did say I did not believe that one.

Your theory that this no worse that traveling for a meeting and the meeting been cancelled due to weather and not getting their entry money back is complete and utter tosh, and you know it. The Promotion does not employ the weather they do employ the medical team and they do have some control over that matter.

And hopefully someone will correct me if I am wrong has this not happened before to Workington.

If it has then what happened today show a lack of disregard by the Workington management and they should have made plans that when a replacement medical team comes they have the necessary equipment.

Like I say if it has happened before then the buck I am afraid stops firmly with the Promotion and for me the club should receive a fine for what has happened. .

Yes they employ the medical team but its the medical's teams responsibilty surely to have correct medical kit , like I've said its a riders responsibility to bring his bike to ride on, not the promotions. To be clear this incident hasn't happened before at Workington. When Kyle Howarth sustained his ankle injury the ambulance took him to hospital as he had been given morphine on track, and with a wait of 66 minutes for another county ambulance to come and replace it , due to the curfew and the sitting around for fans the meeting was abandoned.

Receiving a fine ,mmmm I wonder if Berwick did for the abandonment of their meeting due to a Doctor "leaving ;) " the ground

You simply can't compare this to a rain off. One is something that is utterly beyond the control of anyone, the other is slipshod human incompetence.

Every fan knows the risk of travelling to away meetings due to the inconsistent British weather. No fan would think about not going due to the possibility of there not being adequate medical equipment.

I think Cyclone is right when he points to the doctor concerned, but Spinny is also right when he states that the buck stops with the promotion because they have the ultimate responsibility of ensuring that the meeting can go ahead.

I'm not comparing anything to rain off !! Spin king suggested that Workington hadn't wanted the meeting on in the first place and was this some sort of conspiracy theory to which I have replied , if Workington wanted it called off they could have looked at the weather forecast which said rain to come in around 3pm .

So a

re you telling me that this not the first time that this has happened?

No, you've just misunderstood the line I was taking, the two incidents at DP in recent weeks have been medical related but nothing more, I;m certainly not insinuating that this has been a regular problem, it is'nt, my apologies if my post didn't make that clear!! :t: