Sheffield

1 Simon Stead

2 R/R

3 Ben Wilson

4 Mason Campton

5 Justin Sedgeman

6 Taylor Poole

7 Chris Widman

I have taken the Sheffield team from last nights meeting with Workington, I will fill in the blanks as they are confirmed. The Tigers went with R/R for Andre Compton at No2. and had guests at No`s 4 & 5. Things may change still further as Josh Bates was withdrawn from last night meeting.

The good news is that after three weeks of crappy weather we are going to be blessed with a fine day tomorrow.

Edited by screm

I read that mason campton & Justin sedgman are coming in and a guest is to be confirmed for josh bates.. also using r/r.

Campton guesting for Andre, Sedgman guesting for Proctor, R/R for Lanham and guest TBC for Bates. Another patched up team for the Tigers tomorrow.

Berwick's e-Newsletter reports:

The last time Edinburgh's fast-starting Justin Sedgmen raced as a guest at Berwick, it was for Peterborough Panthers -- and we all know just how good he, and the Panthers, were that sorry, sorry night!

Tomorrow brings Sheffield Tigers back to Berwick and, needing a guest to replace the unlucky Andre Compton, who does wily manager Joe Screen call?

Sedgy, that's who!

The Steel City boys are led by Team GB's WTC Finalist Simon Stead (an absolute master around Shielfield, and their top scorer as the Tigers snuffed out Workington's spluttering Comets 52-40 last night) and have the "tiny tadpole" Taylor Poole at reserve -- the position he was in as he collected payment for no less than 17 points against mighty Somerset last week, live on Sky Sports!

His fellow reserve Josh Bates took a tumble last night and had to withdraw from the meeting, although we obviously hope he will be fit to race tomorrow.

However, our own riders are now hungry for the points that will consolidate their position in the top three of the Premier League.

From here on in, home wins are a must!

Get your backside trackside on Saturday, and cheer them on!

Having now won five away fixtures to boost ourselves into the magic half-dozen, it is imperative we hold our place by winning at home, and Saturday's visit from the steel-city Tigers is the first of eight vital home encounters.

Bandits:

1. Claus, 2. David, 3. Steen, 4. Matty, 5. Kevin, 6. Alex, 7. Matej.

Tigers:

1. Simon Stead, 2. Leigh Lanham(R/R), 3. Ben Wilson, 4. Mason Campton (guest), 5. Justin Sedgmen (guest), 6. Taylor Poole, 7. Josh Bates (if fit).

I could be wrong but if Sedgeman rides for Sheffield tommorrow as a guest will he not be breaking the 8 day rule as he is due at Berwick with Edinburgh on Tuesday ??

I could be wrong but if Sedgeman rides for Sheffield tommorrow as a guest will he not be breaking the 8 day rule as he is due at Berwick with Edinburgh on Tuesday ??

I believe they changed the rule just to apply to guest appearances, and as he won't be guesting for Edinburgh he is ok to guest for Sheffield. A similar thing happened at Sheffield recently, with Nicki Barrett guesting for Newcastle, and riding for Peterborough the following week.

I believe they changed the rule just to apply to guest appearances, and as he won't be guesting for Edinburgh he is ok to guest for Sheffield. A similar thing happened at Sheffield recently, with Nicki Barrett guesting for Newcastle, and riding for Peterborough the following week.

Thanks for that i thought the 8 day rule did not apply only if the guest was for the highest reserve or the number one these bloody rules are so confuseing ..

The battles between Simon Stead and our riders should be reason enough to get along to this meeting, alas after that I don't see to much that would stop Berwick from hitting a high score tomorrow night.

• Like 1

Stead should have joined the Bandits back in the day

I think he would have been British Champion by now

Stead should have joined the Bandits back in the day

I think he would have been British Champion by now

You must be KKS MJJ Liam Gallagher Morrissey fans etc in a new guise.
  • Like 2

You must be KKS MJJ Liam Gallagher Morrissey fans etc in a new guise.

He definitely is not!

Josh Bates has been ruled out for tonight, with Chris Widman coming in to take his place. Sheffield have signed Nico Covatti for the rest of the season in place of Ty Proctor, sadly he wont be making his debut tonight at Berwick, he will do that in Sheffield`s next home meeting.