British Speedway Forum
stevehone

Kings Lynn V Poole 14/08/14

Steve this has nothing to do about Tai. The fact is a rider has been replaced at Poole for scoring 0 by another rider who scored 0.

Begs the question even more why Ford felt he had stoop so low as to cheat to get him in then!!!

Some get a buzz from cheating!!!

Well done to Poole on there win as a Stars fan I'd sooner lose tonight than in the play offs - one thing I noticed was the lack of track grading last night the track was very Poole like slick there was nothing on the first bend I just wonder if this was a blinder played by Buster ? Even Darcy tweeted how slick it was - I can see the track being very different come the play offs should we face Poole again .

• Like 2

betfair have Poole as favourites for the title now as all bookies did at the start of the season, haven't seen a broke bookie yet, still anything can happen

You can't miss Gary Wiltshire.

• Like 1

I see tha once again a Kings Lynn meeting had the start delayed to allow "late coming" fans time to get in. This really annoys me and shows no respect to those that bothered to get there on time.People should get there on time and, Kings Lynn should have suficient entrance staff to avoid such situations .

It is not about respect for others or 'late comers' that people do not bother to get there on time !!! we travelled 30 + miles and got there on time and still had to queue from A47 as there was such a volume of traffic waiting to get in to the NA due to roadworks/traffic lights just outside that I bet caught many people out that were expecting to be there on time. The main car park was full so it took just a few minutes extra time to park up and join the queue and we were told people were queuing from 6.30 so i doubt it would have ever started on time and to add insult to injury they were taking traffic lights/works away when we left after sitting in car park waiting to get out after meeting due to volume of folk that were at meeting !!!! and we were told that the work had finished prior to the meeting so blame the water company not the supporters !!!!!!! Rant over !!!

Edited by whippy
  • Like 1

I hate Matt Ford with a vengeance, I despise everything he stand for, The cheating, the deceptions, the lies, the disrespect he shows for the sport and the contempt he has for other sport followers. To me he represents all the virtues that I was brought up to believe was wrong. So why should I let someone like him, get in the way of me going to see the sport I’ve loved for so long. I have no gripe with the Poole Team or their supporters (Well most anyway, mind you, they’re a couple that blow your head off).

This meeting was always going to be special, with so many top riders on show, Looking through the program resembled that of a Grand Prix, such was the quality. The track looked amazing, and the big crowd came to see the battle of the best sides in the league. Some of the racing was top drawer, with some brilliant passes, Heat 5 was an example of the excitement, when Niels and Bjerre battled hard to come from a 4-2 down to a 4-2 advantage against the fast gating Bomber Harris. The excitement came thick and fast. The 3 races between Niels and Darcy were simply awesome. Two of the most brilliant racers from the back, were never more than a whisker apart, they two traded punches for four laps. They were worth the money alone.

The heat 13 was the showpiece, Darcy and Magic shot from the gate and were team riding side by side. Niels giving it his all. Going down the back straight for the 3rd time he sees a small gap and splits the Pirates. Into the 3rd bend, Niels edges in front but Darcy is pushing hard and takes them wide. Down the start straight to start the last lap, Niels takes the lead, but wait Magic has cut back and takes the inside run into the 1st corner pushing them both him and Niels wide. This has enabled Darcy to cut back to the inside and take the lead and the win. A truly epic race that demonstrated team riding at its best, utterly brilliant from all the riders. That race will live in the memory for a long time.

It’s quite easily to recall the good parts of a brilliant meeting, just a pity the Stars didn’t perform as -they could. We as a team were outscored, out-fought, out-gated, to a point we were out-classed. It would be wrong to be too critical of them last night, but most were not dialled in to what was required. Only Niels and Kenneth could hold their heads high, the rest needed that proverbial kick up the arse. One consolation, is that Poole could not do better than they did last night, whereas Lynn are capable of performing far better than they did. Even the Ref gave them a helping hand in Ht 9 letting Newman get a ridiculous flyer. Probably, if they meet again, the next time more of the Stars riders will give it more of a go and we get a more realistic score than we got last night..

All in all a brilliant meeting where the best team won at a canter……….

• Like 2

Despite us getting a good dicking last night, I really think if these 2 teams meet in the play-off it could well be a lot different. Niels, KB and the Reserves all did their job. Porsing had a poor night, as did Rory. Lambert also wasnt at his best. Poole were on fire last night, and they have run into top form. It begs the question will they have peaked to soon ? The same could be said of Lynn have the peaked or like most teams in most sports. Are they just going through a little rough patch and will be looking to come through it and out the other side, before the they meet again ?

I firmly believe Lynn have one big advantage, that they havent had the need to utilise, so far, this season. having said all of that lets not forget this is not just about Lynn & Poole. there will be 2 other teams looking to hit top form at just the right times in the play-offs. They say a week in politics is a long time, so a lot can happen in 6 weeks of Speedway. For example Poole could have changed their number 7 another 4 times. :D

• Like 2

Well done to the Poole Pirates on one of the most convincing away wins I have seen at the Norfolk Arena. A complete performance from their 1-6. It got to the point where I was looking at the scorecard and could not see where the next Stars heat advantage was going to come from : (

Hopefully 'those' Poole fans on here took their head out of the sand long enough last night to watch their team's performance last night, I think they would have enjoyed it : )

Our boys had an off night in terms of gating, even Niels who was sensational (again) only made one start all night. Not too worried though, it was just a blip and I think the different track to normal caught our boys out more so than Poole.

Edited by pointsmeanplayoffs

betfair have Poole as favourites for the title now as all bookies did at the start of the season, haven't seen a broke bookie yet, still anything can happen

I remember them having Poole as faves all season in 2010 as well. :)

Steve this has nothing to do about Tai. The fact is a rider has been replaced at Poole for scoring 0 by another rider who scored 0.

It has everything to do with the rules being changed for ONE team. Doesnt matter who the rider OR team is.

Begs the question even more why Ford felt he had stoop so low as to cheat to get him in then!!!

:t: And it still smells.

Edited by stevebrum

No matter how great the early season form is, it counts for nothing in October, and looks like Poole are the form team, and carrying the momentum at the right time...

I have said this countless times and unfortunately it's a fact.

Whoever is in form for the play offs will take the trophy, you can bet your bottom dollar Ford will be trying everything to finish top of the table so he can have the second leg again, kerching.

Edited by bigcatdiary
  • Like 1

Whoever is in form for the play offs will take the trophy, you can bet your bottom dollar Ford will be trying everything to finish top of the table so he can have the second leg again, kerching.

Don't have a problem with that as long as it is within the rules or a change of existing rule suit one team.

• Like 1

It is not about respect for others or 'late comers' that people do not bother to get there on time !!! we travelled 30 + miles and got there on time and still had to queue from A47 as there was such a volume of traffic waiting to get in to the NA due to roadworks/traffic lights just outside that I bet caught many people out that were expecting to be there on time. The main car park was full so it took just a few minutes extra time to park up and join the queue and we were told people were queuing from 6.30 so i doubt it would have ever started on time and to add insult to injury they were taking traffic lights/works away when we left after sitting in car park waiting to get out after meeting due to volume of folk that were at meeting !!!! and we were told that the work had finished prior to the meeting so blame the water company not the supporters !!!!!!! Rant over !!!

I accept your point but this has been a regular event at Kings Lynn. In fact it has happened at most meetings I have been to this season.

my view if they should start at advertised time regardless.

• Like 1

There has been a few mention the track last night, with the stadium surrounded by huge black clouds, there really wasn't anytime for the normal amount of track grading we normally see. Lightning was all around and with the ref putting the 2 mins on as the riders left the track there was no time for Buster to do any grading. Correct decsion though as soon as heat 15 was over it started to rain. Some great racing, Heat 13 was immense one of the best I've ever seen, good crowd, just the wrong result for The Stars. I'm not dis heartened, if we meet in the playoffs it will be another two epic meetings I'm sure, well done Poole on plundering our fortress, I hope it's a one off :)

• Like 2

I havent seen the riders scores but assume one Poole reserve had 4 rides and the other 3, have they replaced Compton yet?