British Speedway Forum
stevehone

Kings Lynn V Poole 14/08/14

I accept your point but this has been a regular event at Kings Lynn. In fact it has happened at most meetings I have been to this season.

my view if they should start at advertised time regardless.

How many meetings have you been to this season?I can only remember it happening twice this season maybe three times.Last night has to be put down to the traffic lights right near the stadium,once when Buster had to sort the track out as it rained just before the start.

Anyway I got to my car before 21:10 earliest finish this season I think.First time I made it to work on time when I am on nights :D

Even though we lost last night the meeting had some cracking races most notably ht13 and also ht15.But come the play-offs I think we need some gating practice the day before the matches,either we were just very poor from the gate or Poole were electric.You can't give those Poole boys a head start as most of them like our place.

Edited by tellboy
  • Like 1

Delayed starts due to significant increase in punters, frustrating I agree but a positive in my mind.

• Like 5

VERY good crowd, shame we don't get that every week, almost silenced by the Pirates too arghhhhh although have to say the Stars fans were extremely graceful in defeat.

VERY good crowd, shame we don't get that every week, almost silenced by the Pirates too arghhhhh although have to say the Stars fans were extremely graceful in defeat.

I think most were a little shell shocked to be honest!!! There was a good amount of noise from the crowd to start with.

As we're all very gracious in defeat, I don't think anyone has mentioned 2 rolling starts which benefited Poole in heats 9 and 10 where both Newman and then Magic got huge advantages.

NOW I AM NOT SAYING THAT THEY CHANGED THE COURSE OF THE MEETING AS POOLE WERE STRONGER ON THE NIGHT, I am just saying that they just added to a disappointing outcome for the Stars.

• Like 2

Judging by the crowds last night it seems that Poole's cheating antics may have actually driven attendances!

How many meetings have you been to this season?I can only remember it happening twice this season maybe three times.Last night has to be put down to the traffic lights right near the stadium,once when Buster had to sort the track out as it rained just before the start.

Anyway I got to my car before 21:10 earliest finish this season I think.First time I made it to work on time when I am on nights :D

Even though we lost last night the meeting had some cracking races most notably ht13 and also ht15.But come the play-offs I think we need some gating practice the day before the matches,either we were just very poor from the gate or Poole were electric.You can't give those Poole boys a head start as most of them like our place.

I certainly do not dispute what you say but by and large if for whatever reason I arrived at a venue for just about anything late I would have expected whatever it was to have started without me.

Edited by wealdstone

Judging by the crowds last night it seems that Poole's cheating antics may have actually driven attendances!

First home meeting in a month or so helped too. No doubt Poole Pirates do attract more fans though.

I certainly do not dispute what you say but by and large if for whatever reason I arrived at a venue for just about anything late I would have expected whatever it was to have started without me.

I'm sure people don't arrive late on purpose lol. Whilst I agree there has a been a delayed start due to the long queues on three or four occasions this season its mainly been due to the weather (delayed track prep) or road works (A47 has had diversions for at least a month) and last night because of traffic lights on the road to the stadium (which looked to be totally unnecessary as the road was only muddy after some repairs by the water company, apparently) so its thoughtful of the promotion to realise people have been delayed en route, surely?

Must be far better than starting the racing with 100's of fans outside I'd have thought!

Edited by Star Fever

I'm sure people don't arrive late on purpose lol. Whilst I agree there has a been a delayed start due to the long queues on three or four occasions this season its mainly been due to the weather (delayed track prep) or road works (A47 has had diversions for at least a month) and last night because of traffic lights on the road to the stadium (which looked to be totally unnecessary as the road was only muddy after some repairs by the water company, apparently) so its thoughtful of the promotion to realise people have been delayed en route, surely?

Must be far better than starting the racing with 100's of fans outside I'd have thought!

Unless of course you were amongst the 100s already inside,

• Like 2

Even with a delayed start, the ref rattled through the meeting with the threat of rain at any time!!

• Like 1

Was surprised, for commercial reason, that an interval wasn't called at the end of heat 12

Even with a delayed start, the ref rattled through the meeting with the threat of rain at any time!!

And its just as well he did. not because we won, but because the meeting may never had run its full course.

Wish it was like that every week,not the result by the way :sad: .It was great to get to the car so early even after a delayed start.Just feel most meetings nowadays seem a long drawn out affair when they don't need to be.Although it was aided last night by no re-starts,falls or any incidents to mind.Even Benji stayed on in all his rides :P (that's for the ones who remembered when he rode for Lynn)

Was surprised, for commercial reason, that an interval wasn't called at the end of heat 12

rain forecast and thunder/lightening all around stadium. decision took to get meeting done and dusted and it was just as well as the heavens opened when meeting finished.

Understandable with the rain looming I guess but it was a surprise yes - Buster normally gets the track re-graded then, but unfortunately it stayed in Poole's favour till the end :/

I think we'd have had trouble with any team that adapted their starting as well as Poole did tbh.

Edited by Star Fever