British Speedway Forum
stevehone

Kings Lynn V Poole 14/08/14

Was going to this one but Have decided against it now, following the Compton shenanigans.

Shame really I was beginning to get some enthusiasm back but then rule bending rears it's ugly head again. So thanks to Ford and his cohorts that's one bum not on a seat. Maybe a small insignificant protest but I can't see what else fans can do. Before anyone says it's hurting Buster not Ford - the BSPA is a collective only they can knock the rule bending on the head.

Really?? I could understand if the BSPA had allowed them to somehow get Hancock or Holder to ride at reserve, but Compton?? I know its the principle of it that annoys, but if you're not going just because of that, to what is potentially a very good match, it seems an odd decision to me :blink:

as long as it's not like the Play-off semi v Sheffield .....

Now that was a ploughed field of a track and worked against the Stars that night.
  • Like 2

Really?? I could understand if the BSPA had allowed them to somehow get Hancock or Holder to ride at reserve, but Compton?? I know its the principle of it that annoys, but if you're not going just because of that, to what is potentially a very good match, it seems an odd decision to me :blink:

Yes it is the principle. I don't expect others to follow me. After a few away trips I thought I'd try a home one again and this looked the best. One of the reasons I became disenchanted with speedway was the blatent cheating/rule bending. The Compton affair is just another nail I'm afraid. Had the opposition been anyone other than Poole I'd still have gone but someone has to make a stand albeit a tiny one. It won't make the slightest difference to anyone else, certainly not the powers that corrupt, but my conscience will be clear.

I shall just have to look forward to my trip to Coventry.

• Like 2

I think every Pirate should be roundly booed Thursday night regardless. It doesn't matter if they'd brought in Benji Compton or Chris Holder. It's the fact that the goalposts have been more to suit them and them only. Yet other clubs who I have to say have mainly made changes through injuries haven't been helped in the slightest.

Personally, from now and until the end of the season. If Poole are on Sky I'd like to see and hear a load of fans congregate round Pearson & Tatum's commentary box with banners and sing load and proud of the displeasure. Getting heard to the masses through TV would be the only way to get a response and wake people up, would it not????

Let hope for a good home win, good racing and good weather.

• Like 5

Yes it is the principle. I don't expect others to follow me. After a few away trips I thought I'd try a home one again and this looked the best. One of the reasons I became disenchanted with speedway was the blatent cheating/rule bending. The Compton affair is just another nail I'm afraid. Had the opposition been anyone other than Poole I'd still have gone but someone has to make a stand albeit a tiny one. It won't make the slightest difference to anyone else, certainly not the powers that corrupt, but my conscience will be clear.

I shall just have to look forward to my trip to Coventry.

September 5th? See you there! ;)

• Like 2

I've tried to stay out of the Compton fiasco, but guys and gals it's really getting o.t.t. now.

It's mentioned on just about every topic and has been really bled to death.

You've all made your points by now I think.

I do have to agree that the events seem very suspicious, especially the grading drop to number 25, coincidentally one below the cut off rule position of number 24. Decidedly dodgy...... but whatever you all like to think, Matt Ford didn't make that decision. He is guilty of being quick to be aware of it, and keeping tabs having previously tried to sign Benji.

What is really bad, as already said many times, is the silence from the BSPA, Phil Morris, or whoever has allowed this to happen, that is what has created such a furore.

All this boycotting meetings and booing the Poole riders is pathetic. The riders for a start are only doing their jobs. Who really thinks that Shamek or Vaclac had anything to do with the introduction of Benji Compton? Are the people boycotting meeting just because it's Poole really speedway fans? They are certainly not helping their sport and not putting it in a good light in the sporting world. I haven't heard of football fans not going to matches that Luiz Suarez is playing in as he's not a nice man.

Also with due respect to Benji is he really going to make a difference, either to this weeks meeting or to the play offs. Can anyone in all honesty see him beating Lewis Kerr or Lewis Rose when the chips are down?

One of the problems to many on this forum is that 'winning' seems to be a dirty word. Matt Ford is a winner. Some of you may say at all costs, but remember he is not on the management committee and so is in the same position as all the other promoters with regard to understanding rule and regulations.

The man is running a business, and one has to admit a successful business, especially in the hard money draining sport of speedway. I am in the hardcore that has been going all his life (from the pram according to my late mum) and will watch speedway however my team is doing, but there are floating fans who like to see successful teams. This can be the difference between profit and loss and solvency and insolvency.

For those of you who don't know him, other than someone to slag off behind the safety of your keyboards, Matt works very hard in promoting Poole and making it the success that it is today. If he didn't Poole may well be another nail in the speedway coffin. (And please don't lets have any 5 year old mentality replies to that by saying it would be a good thing. No Poole would be bad for speedway. Possibly the end of this forum. What would a lot of you posters do all day? Obviously not go to speedway. Maybe pick on Kings Lynn as they are too successful).

Anyway point(s) made. Will be at the meeting on Thursday, with a proviso on the weather, and will be happy to have constructive chat with some Stars fans. That's the thing I find with speedway. The fans at all the tracks are very nice and there's always plenty of friendly discussion and banter. Totally different to some of the vitriol on the forums.

• Like 4

I've tried to stay out of the Compton fiasco, but guys and gals it's really getting o.t.t. now.

I do have to agree that the events seem very suspicious, especially the grading drop to number 25, coincidentally one below the cut off rule position of number 24. Decidedly dodgy...... but whatever you all like to think, Matt Ford didn't make that decision. He is guilty of being quick to be aware of it, and keeping tabs having previously tried to sign Benji.

What is really bad, as already said many times, is the silence from the BSPA, Phil Morris, or whoever has allowed this to happen, that is what has created such a furore.

All this boycotting meetings and booing the Poole riders is pathetic. The riders for a start are only doing their jobs. Who really thinks that Shamek or Vaclac had anything to do with the introduction of Benji Compton? Are the people boycotting meeting just because it's Poole really speedway fans? They are certainly not helping their sport and not putting it in a good light in the sporting world. I haven't heard of football fans not going to matches that Luiz Suarez is playing in as he's not a nice man.

Also with due respect to Benji is he really going to make a difference, either to this weeks meeting or to the play offs. Can anyone in all honesty see him beating Lewis Kerr or Lewis Rose when the chips are down?

One of the problems to many on this forum is that 'winning' seems to be a dirty word. Matt Ford is a winner. Some of you may say at all costs, but remember he is not on the management committee and so is in the same position as all the other promoters with regard to understanding rule and regulations.

The man is running a business, and one has to admit a successful business, especially in the hard money draining sport of speedway. I am in the hardcore that has been going all his life (from the pram according to my late mum) and will watch speedway however my team is doing, but there are floating fans who like to see successful teams. This can be the difference between profit and loss and solvency and insolvency.

For those of you who don't know him, other than someone to slag off behind the safety of your keyboards, Matt works very hard in promoting Poole and making it the success that it is today. If he didn't Poole may well be another nail in the speedway coffin. (And please don't lets have any 5 year old mentality replies to that by saying it would be a good thing. No Poole would be bad for speedway. Possibly the end of this forum. What would a lot of you posters do all day? Obviously not go to speedway. Maybe pick on Kings Lynn as they are too successful).

Anyway point(s) made. Will be at the meeting on Thursday, with a proviso on the weather, and will be happy to have constructive chat with some Stars fans. That's the thing I find with speedway. The fans at all the tracks are very nice and there's always plenty of friendly discussion and banter. Totally different to some of the vitriol on the forums.

Is this post a joke?!?

• Like 2

Superb post Baz,but will it make any difference-i somehow doubt it.

Any chance of getting something on thurs seems remote now after i see who is guesting for us.

This post is in answer to the one from: (Pirate Baz, on 12 Aug 2014 - 08:55 AM, said:)

In your defence of Matt Ford, I would like you to ask yourself WHY:

WHY, Did Morris make the decision to fabricate the riders in a certain order.

WHY, Was it only Compton to dramatically drop so many places and not anybody else.

WHY, was Poole the only benefactor of this cohesion

WHY, was it only Poole who asked for the rules to be changed

WHY, Not wait for the season to end before any rule changes were made.

The common denominator to all those questions Is Mat Ford. Now you may say , yeah, but it needs the approval of the majority of promoters to see the rules change . So bearing in mind there are only 9 clubs now, Ford would need only 4 others to back his suggestions. With his connections and leverage, getting four to sign with him would be a doddle.

Lets just imagine a phone conversation with another Promoter, one that he has not got any claims on.

Wife calling out, Jack ( fictitious name, hard working with little time), Matt Ford on the Phone, What's he want, Sometime about changing the rules, tell him I'll call him back, No, he wants to talk now.

Yes Matt, can't this wait , I'm very busy. So you say when the riders are at 24 on the FTR list he can be replaced by whatever. Yeah what you like . Is that all. Cheers mate.

He puts the phone down, his wife sez what was that all about, Jack replied, oh nothing love, It don't apply to us, our riders will never be as low as 24 on the list.

So easy to understand, but so wrong in that promoters being able to instigate rule changes so easily. and it is always the same man.....

Getting back to Pirate Baz, please don't paint this picture, that Ford is an angel cause we all know he's not......

• Like 3

This post is in answer to the one from: (Pirate Baz, on 12 Aug 2014 - 08:55 AM, said:)

In your defence of Matt Ford, I would like you to ask yourself WHY:

WHY, Did Morris make the decision to fabricate the riders in a certain order.

WHY, Was it only Compton to dramatically drop so many places and not anybody else.

WHY, was Poole the only benefactor of this cohesion

WHY, was it only Poole who asked for the rules to be changed

WHY, Not wait for the season to end before any rule changes were made.

The common denominator to all those questions Is Mat Ford. Now you may say , yeah, but it needs the approval of the majority of promoters to see the rules change . So bearing in mind there are only 9 clubs now, Ford would need only 4 others to back his suggestions. With his connections and leverage, getting four to sign with him would be a doddle.

Lets just imagine a phone conversation with another Promoter, one that he has not got any claims on.

Wife calling out, Jack ( fictitious name, hard working with little time), Matt Ford on the Phone, What's he want, Sometime about changing the rules, tell him I'll call him back, No, he wants to talk now.

Yes Matt, can't this wait , I'm very busy. So you say when the riders are at 24 on the FTR list he can be replaced by whatever. Yeah what you like . Is that all. Cheers mate.

He puts the phone down, his wife sez what was that all about, Jack replied, oh nothing love, It don't apply to us, our riders will never be as low as 24 on the list.

So easy to understand, but so wrong in that promoters being able to instigate rule changes so easily. and it is always the same man.....

Getting back to Pirate Baz, please don't paint this picture, that Ford is an angel cause we all know he's not......

Why not pm Wizzer and ask him those questions??

Superb post Baz,but will it make any difference-i somehow doubt it.

Any chance of getting something on thurs seems remote now after i see who is guesting for us.

Hoping for a rain off myself as we have the worst guest possible and I cant make it,

Hoping for a rain off myself as we have the worst guest possible and I cant make it,

Im alright Jack. What about the rest of us, dont you hope its on for oursake ?

Don't be silly he comes from Dorset. ( posted with tongue firmly in cheek)

I think every Pirate should be roundly booed Thursday night regardless. It doesn't matter if they'd brought in Benji Compton or Chris Holder. It's the fact that the goalposts have been more to suit them and them only. Yet other clubs who I have to say have mainly made changes through injuries haven't been helped in the slightest.

Personally, from now and until the end of the season. If Poole are on Sky I'd like to see and hear a load of fans congregate round Pearson & Tatum's commentary box with banners and sing load and proud of the displeasure. Getting heard to the masses through TV would be the only way to get a response and wake people up, would it not????

Let hope for a good home win, good racing and good weather.

Mon the Stars.

All this boycotting meetings and booing the Poole riders is pathetic.

The only thing that is OTT, bled to death, suspicious, dodgy and pathetic is the actions of the BSPA/Morris/MF/Poole and maybe it is boring to read for Poole fans but perhaps this is now one cheat too far for fans to tolerate any further.

All the actions and suggestions are perfectly sensible if we are to make a point to promoters.

The only thing that DOESN'T make sense is to brush it under the carpet, pretend yet again that Poole haven't been involved and give our authorities and Poole yet another chance.

Enough is enough.

I am sure the promotions rub there hands with glee when Poole are in town knowing they will bring a side packed with talent and get people through the turnstiles so it seems most turn a blind eye to all the blatant cheating that has been going on.

Enough is enough.

Is it petty to not go to your local track when Poole are in town? Depends how you look at it.

The only thing the promotions care about is bodies thru the turnstiles, not supporters.

If numbers are down when Poole are in town it might just send a very real message to promotions that supporters wont condone cheating if their promotions do.

The more that vote with their feet the better. It is the ONLY way promotions will get the message.

As we know they care little about the fans, only bodies through the turnstiles.

The silence from all involved is the expected response, that is the pathetic thing.

We all know the mentality of some Poole fans.

• Like 2

Starlady is cutting off her nose to spite her face, I'd never do that hahahahahahaha

• Like 1