British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
waco

Kent V Scunthorpe Mon 11th Aug 6-30 Pm

The Kent top five will have slipped up somewhere if they dont all get paid max,s at least ,,against what is basicly a team of 3 pointers +one 4 pointer..having said that there are one or two potential improvers in the Scunthorpe line up and this could be the day they step up and surprise us .. However for those who like to watch runaway home victorys this should be right up your street,,Personally despite the admirable reasons for putting out teams like Scunthorpe have ( ie bringing on a team full of rookies ) ,,I personally think it damages the business of the other promotions in that league and contributes to false averages of riders riding against them,,Hopefully the awfull weather will not intervene again...,I believe Simon Lambert will still be out injured and the likely hood of R/R will be used....

Edited by waco
  • Like 1

Anyone willing to pay full price for a uncompetitive meeting like this - well good luck.

I would not.

• Like 2

Anyone willing to pay full price for a uncompetitive meeting like this - well good luck.

I would not.

One would not expect otherwise...!

Hopefully the awfull weather will not again intervene again...,I believe Simon Lambert will still be out injured and the likely hood of R/R will be used....

BBC Weather forecast is not good for Monday afternoon-evening.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2637802

One would not expect otherwise...!

BBC Weather forecast is not good for Monday afternoon-evening.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2637802

Getting fed up with your digs at my posts.

Just put me on ignore.

If you think a meeting that will be so one sided is value for money then good luck.

Edited by AJ is King
  • Like 2

The National League should be aimed at teams like the one Scunthorpe are putting out, not to view the last knockings of an average vet like David Mason. I applaud what Scunthorpe are trying to do and lets not forget that the current World Champion started his career at this very club.

As for the weather the BBC is probably the most conservative forecasters and to say that may rain all part or none of monday which they are doing makes them the last mob i would look to fore a forecast. I tend to use forecast.co.uk who are showing 2.4mm of rain between 11and 4 which should damp the dust nicely

Scunthorpe Speedway are more in tune with the NL than the likes of Cradley or those who aspire to be like them. I hope their riders are supported for their efforts and it will my chance to watch another Moggo for the first time.

• Like 3

With a runaway victory on the cards and no simon lambert why not give a rookie a go yourselves instead of rr might just even things up and save your promotion a bob or two

• Like 2

Scunthorpe Speedway are more in tune with the NL than the likes of Cradley or those who aspire to be like them. I hope their riders are supported for their efforts and it will my chance to watch another Moggo for the first time.

Moggo Jnr is a very decent speedway rider - despite very limited experience.

Gutted to be missing this, it was down in my diary but the 4TT at Wolves featuring Oxford is where I'll now be. From an entirely selfish point of view, I wouldn't mind a rain off at Kent tomorrow, so that I can get down for the restaging.

I hope all the riders stay safe and don't worry about the entertainment value, the Stags' lads always give 100% and nothing less.

All the best

Rob

Getting fed up with your digs at my posts.

Just put me on ignore.

If you think a meeting that will be so one sided is value for money then good luck.

No ignore for you! I find your comments "very interesting." :icon_smile_clown:

Without the National League the likes of Mildenhall, Cradley, and Stoke would be defunct and Kent would likely under the draconian planning restrictions not have opened!

In my opinion Scunthorpe this season is made up of an old guy at number 1 who'd be a reserve at most other tracks, a handful of young guys with a bit of potential who'd be reserves at other teams and the rest who nobody else would want in their team. Its applaudable what they are tyring to do but went way over the top in doing so!

The likes of David Mason have a huge mass of speedway knowledge that can be passed onto youngsters. This is better than Scunthorpe where there is no one in the Stags team with that much experience.

The National League/3rd Division has and always will be a League with conflicting interests. managed properly this can be just about sustainable but next season please no way too weak teams like Scunthorpe are this season!

Edited by 25yearfan
  • Like 4

Easy home win and some vital playoff points. Get the confidence a bit higher and hopefully some passing practice for Danny and Jason.

I used to watch Moggo snr at Canterbury #getting old!

Edited by whistlegang

With a runaway victory on the cards and no simon lambert why not give a rookie a go yourselves instead of rr might just even things up and save your promotion a bob or two

At best they could bring Luke Harris in though Adam Sheppard should be given a run out.

A very good idea and in the best interests of the sport in letting another novice get some competitive laps under his belt.

Isn't it a rule where if you are missing a solitary rider from 2-5 you have to run R/R. A bizzare rule if you ask me. As Scunny themselves have had to use it this season

Isn't it a rule where if you are missing a solitary rider from 2-5 you have to run R/R. A bizzare rule if you ask me. As Scunny themselves have had to use it this season

kent could name a rookie no.8 and give him all of the R/R rides.
  • Like 1

kent could name a rookie no.8 and give him all of the R/R rides.

Could do.. what like make a mockery of the rule?

Plus

Np ome else has and won by large margins Kent may need the points when PO time comes round

Edited by TMW