British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
hampshire3321

Torun Sgp 2014 (inc Sunday)

Very poor performance from the Polish spectators by booing at Nicki the award ceremony.

Really ? It's a partizan passionate crowd. They're always going to boo the villain..

• Like 1

Generally a good meeting, made the more exciting by the tussle for positions 2-5 in the world, plus that for 7 8 9 10.

Pleased for Greg, good rider and Mt Nice Guy. Im not a great Tai fan but he is a very good loser - thats a credit to him.

Glad AJ did well again and qualified for next year - I missed his best years so hope they coming back.

Really ? It's a partizan passionate crowd. They're always going to boo the villain..

Nicki would have loved it. He would have been disappointed if they hadn't, given the circumstances.

like I said even if he stays on the ref could exclude him.

Well done Nicki on third.

Agreed, he could but they never do! If he hadn't been forced to stop the race I'm sure he would have let it go. That's the problem we see all to often.

Greg is just a real showman. Riding fast, hard but fair. Always smiling and radiating positive energy. Used to watch lots of his gating style when I was kid. I still have some VHSs in the basement like early 90s Elite league matches with Heathens and 96 GP season, 97 last GP in Vojens.

Nicki would have loved it. He would have been disappointed if they hadn't, given the circumstances.

He did love it and I love him all the more for it.... :D:approve:

That was a night of stunning Speedway, it had brilliant racing, it had controversy, it was just superb :t:

Well done Kasper for tonight and well done Greg, Kasper and Nicki :t:

Definitely not

Coventry's does. That's why there have been problems lately as the riders aren't used to a bit of dirt.

Coventry's does. That's why there have been problems lately as the riders aren't used to a bit of dirt.

The problem with Coventry is not related to the dirt. It's the rubbish, inconsistent, patchy surface.

I also disagree with Screamer. King's Lynn has had far too much dirt down when I have been this year.

It's no incoincidence that the one time there was a brilliant meeting there (against Poole a few months back) it was slicker than normal due to the threat of rain. An engine tuner told me it was the best meeting he had seen round there for years.

I completly forgot the GP was on (to remain on topic). Hope to catch it later when one of the Poles add the full meeting like they usually do. Great GP + no Pearson = Yes please!

Did catch the final though, poor Nicki was robbed again. It's the sort of move that Kasprzak pulls all the time, but Nicki's reputation goes against him a lot now.

He was able to use it to his advantage 10 years or so ago, but now it's a different story.

Glad he managed to bronze though. He's been terrific entertainment again this year & has deserved a medal for his efforts.

Fantastic entertainment!!

Congratulations to Greg on his win and for doing his up most to make sure the battle for 3rd went to the wire!!

KK a comfortable second but the incident and drama over third was pure theatre - going to watch it again now!!

Fantastic entertainment!!

Congratulations to Greg on his win and for doing his up most to make sure the battle for 3rd went to the wire!!

KK a comfortable second but the incident and drama over third was pure theatre - going to watch it again now!!

I agree it was a good GP, some good racing and some bloody good entertainment.

Congratulations to Greg who is a worthy winner, shame Tai didn't get on the rostrum but his last two GP's just were not good enough.

• Like 1

Congratulations Mr Nice Guy, your third title is well deserved.

Well done too, to out going champion Tai Woffinden, who has been a credit to the sport in his year long reign.

The problem with Coventry is not related to the dirt. It's the rubbish, inconsistent, patchy surface.I also disagree with Screamer. King's Lynn has had far too much dirt down when I have been this year.It's no incoincidence that the one time there was a brilliant meeting there (against Poole a few months back) it was slicker than normal due to the threat of rain. An engine tuner told me it was the best meeting he had seen round there for years.I completly forgot the GP was on (to remain on topic). Hope to catch it later when one of the Poles add the full meeting like they usually do. Great GP + no Pearson = Yes please!Did catch the final though, poor Nicki was robbed again. It's the sort of move that Kasprzak pulls all the time, but Nicki's reputation goes against him a lot now.He was able to use it to his advantage 10 years or so ago, but now it's a different story.Glad he managed to ###### bronze though. He's been terrific entertainment again this year & has deserved a medal for his efforts.

Most of the Poole riders love racing at Lynn, didn't that have a bearing on the quality of the racing?