British Speedway Forum

I remember few years ago Zetterstrom receiving ban for missing the meeting for a Polish meeting, so unless rules have changed then they should receive bans.

With the PLRC I think like the ELRC it has seen its day,the fours and the pairs are probably still okay, but the rider championships I think will eventually be phased out over time.

For me the PLRC is more about the day out and meeting up with opposing fans for a drink or two at the New Barrack, and like Shads says I too am not a great lover of the individual meetings.

Hopefully those who are making the trip this can maybe find there way to to New Barrack Tavern for the regular meet up, which usual early birds Paulco and Bluejam arriving there at around 1200 to 1230, everyone is welcome to come and join us, if any wants directions please feel free to pm me and I will let you know.

• Like 2

I remember few years ago Zetterstrom receiving ban for missing the meeting for a Polish meeting, so unless rules have changed then they should receive bans.

You beat me to it by a few minutes! All those riding in Poland MUST get bans

Ban them all.

What are you all ranting on about bans for when you say the sport is on a downward spiral....

Cant see a problem as the riders that are the replacements are a more than worthy of being in the line up!!!

Stop ya bleating and get on with it..

Think you will find the food ban could be something to do with the minority dropping their rubbish from food not bought from the premises, so why should the stadium lose money from loss of food sales and have to pick the rubbish up too!!!!

Put the meeting back to a saturday night like it used to be might ensure a full strength lineup

• Like 3

What are you all ranting on about bans for when you say the sport is on a downward spiral....

Cant see a problem as the riders that are the replacements are a more than worthy of being in the line up!!!

Think you will find the food ban could be something to do with the minority dropping their rubbish from food not bought from the premises, so why should the stadium lose money from loss of food sales and have to pick the rubbish up too!!!!

so its ok to drop food wrappers etc on the ground as long as the food wrappers etc belong to sheffield.

• Like 1

Disgraceful cannot believe it, these riders just taking the p@@s obviously more money riding in Poland than the PLRC, I remember Zetterstrom being banned so will they bann all these rider, I bet they won't to difficult with the playoffs coming :mad:

so its ok to drop food wrappers etc on the ground as long as the food wrappers etc belong to sheffield.

did I say it was ok to drop litter!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but it happens and has to be picked up, so why shouldn't they earn money from the food and drink if they have to pick the litter up

Rene hasn't rode in Poland all season, but has to go to the playoffs or face a hefty fine... Yet riders miss British meetings all the time, do they get a fine if/when they do??

• Like 2

Rubbish (no pun intended)

Peterborough & Somerset in the 4's & pairs seem to manage ok

• Like 1

Where did I mention anything about food read MY post again then before quoting remarks that I have not made ,your are entitled to your opinion regarding line-up though.

Where did I mention anything about food read MY post again then before quoting remarks that I have not made ,your are entitled to your opinion regarding line-up though.

Just used you post to carry on with the arguments others had posted rather than write two separate posts.

Just used you post to carry on with the arguments others had posted rather than write two separate posts.

perhaps you should not quote posts In that matter,or quote ALL POSTS that are relevant.

MAGNUS Zetterstrom has stressed he was left in a "no-win situation" even before he decided to pull out of tomorrow's Premier League Riders' Championship at Swindon (6pm).

Pirates' former captain had pleaded with the BSPA for "leniency" after putting a Polish League Division One play-off final for Gorzow first on the same day. But he was still slapped with a £1,000 fine and a 28-day ban from British speedway for missing the PLRC.

Zorro, a Poole Castle Cover asset who rides for Somerset, said: "I agree with the £1,000 fine but not with the ban because it is not me losing out, it is Somerset and British speedway.

"I would even accept a bigger fine but the ban is wrong. I want to ride in the PLRC. I'm the defending champion and stand a good chance of winning it.

"If I could split myself in half I would turn up at both places.

"It's not a meeting I want to miss, but I have had to make a decision because there is no agreement between the BSPA and Polish federation over what meetings take precedence between the countries.

"Whatever I choose, it is a no-win situation for me.

"Either I let the Polish club down, who have been working hard for six years to try and get back into the ExtraLeague, or I choose Poland and let Somerset down.

"To be fair to Somerset, we have nothing now to win. So I don't feel I'm letting them down by not riding in an individual meeting. That's why I decided to ride for Gorzow and hope it shows I'm a team man by putting the team first.

"It's not about money either. It's just Gorzow have fought so hard so long to move up and I want to ride for them when I could go to an individual meeting and try and win a new bike worth about £3,000 plus £1,500.

"The BSPA should have treated this as a special case because there was no way anyone could have predicted this fixture clash at the beginning of the season."

"Mike spoke to Peter Toogood, of the BSPA, about it then," said Zorro.

"I made the final decision on September 16 after Gorzow had beaten Ostrow to force a final deciding leg and rang Mike straight after that meeting."

Zetterstrom had been fined £500 and banned for seven days by the BSPA for missing a Somerset match in August when he also rode for Gorzow in the play-off semi-finals.

Hmmm so what happens now?

Edited by 2ndbendbeerhut

MAGNUS Zetterstrom has stressed he was left in a "no-win situation" even before he decided to pull out of tomorrow's Premier League Riders' Championship at Swindon (6pm).
Pirates' former captain had pleaded with the BSPA for "leniency" after putting a Polish League Division One play-off final for Gorzow first on the same day. But he was still slapped with a £1,000 fine and a 28-day ban from British speedway for missing the PLRC.
Zorro, a Poole Castle Cover asset who rides for Somerset, said: "I agree with the £1,000 fine but not with the ban because it is not me losing out, it is Somerset and British speedway.
"I would even accept a bigger fine but the ban is wrong. I want to ride in the PLRC. I'm the defending champion and stand a good chance of winning it.
"If I could split myself in half I would turn up at both places.
"It's not a meeting I want to miss, but I have had to make a decision because there is no agreement between the BSPA and Polish federation over what meetings take precedence between the countries.
"Whatever I choose, it is a no-win situation for me.
"Either I let the Polish club down, who have been working hard for six years to try and get back into the ExtraLeague, or I choose Poland and let Somerset down.
"To be fair to Somerset, we have nothing now to win. So I don't feel I'm letting them down by not riding in an individual meeting. That's why I decided to ride for Gorzow and hope it shows I'm a team man by putting the team first.
"It's not about money either. It's just Gorzow have fought so hard so long to move up and I want to ride for them when I could go to an individual meeting and try and win a new bike worth about £3,000 plus £1,500.
"The BSPA should have treated this as a special case because there was no way anyone could have predicted this fixture clash at the beginning of the season."
"Mike spoke to Peter Toogood, of the BSPA, about it then," said Zorro.
"I made the final decision on September 16 after Gorzow had beaten Ostrow to force a final deciding leg and rang Mike straight after that meeting."
Zetterstrom had been fined £500 and banned for seven days by the BSPA for missing a Somerset match in August when he also rode for Gorzow in the play-off semi-finals.
Hmmm so what happens now?

Simple, if the BSPA are going to be seen as consistent, then these riders who choose to ride in Poland on Sunday should receive the same as Zetterstrom, time will tell.

Maybe riders just contracted to ride for club meetings in this country , doesnt seem to affect the Fours or Pairs as much though, maybe busier time at this end of the season.