British Speedway Forum

I wonder what would have happened if he hadn't been selected for a random breath test? Would he have still ridden under the influence?

Like every drink driver no excuses - fact is had he rode he would have endangered the other 15 riders - end result like a drink driver a ban . The sport is dangerous enough without actions like this .

All I will add every GP every rider should be breath tested at every GP .

• Like 4

so if they ban him and he drop out of the top 8, you know full well, some idiot will hand him a wildcard next year!

He will almost certainly drop out of the top 8. I would like him to have a wildcard for next season. This could be the kick up the rear he needed. He is definitely Grand Prix material.

IMHO He should receive at least an 18 month ban maybe that would give him time to reflect on his behaviour

I think an 8 month ban is more than sufficient. He certainly won't take an 8 month ban lightly.

id make him go throug the qualifyers, and not hand it to him on a plate, then just maybe, he may respect it a bit more!

• Like 2

so if they ban him and he drop out of the top 8, you know full well, some idiot will hand him a wildcard next year!

Hope so - he's probably the most talented speedway rider on the planet atm whatever else he might get up to - his mistake and ban has hurt his GP standing this year and it'd be churlish to carry it over to next year.

I wonder what would have happened if he hadn't been selected for a random breath test? Would he have still ridden under the influence?

I think we know the answer to that brain teaser. He would have been prepared to risk the lives of the rest of the field and anything less than a 1 year worldwide ban is a cop out.

Just seen Woffinden's latest video on his twitter, featuring him giving young children snus through the window of a car while waiting for Ward, with Holder and Batchelor. What wonderful role models.

• Like 1

At the end of the interview Darcy says "it won't happen again", but Darcy it does and until they had out a substantial penalty you will never learn.

Kennett gets shagged for using his drill on his silencer

Danno gets shagged for being pissed

So... well imo they will sweep it under the carpet because he puts bums on seats

• Like 4

Ed Kennett got a six month worldwide ban and a £2500 fine for using an illegal silencer. Should a similar penalty be imposed on Darcy for being over the limit? Taking Kennett's ban as a yardstick should Darcy get more, less or the same ?

What do people think ?

EK was deliberately cheating DW wasn't. He certainly wasn't trying to gain any advantage by being 'hung-over'.

I've been in loads of hotels, bars, nightclubs etc on nights before GPs and witnessed loads of riders knocking 'em back until the early hours. Should all these riders have been banned?

FFS there would be any riders left to compete, even Chris Harris might pick up a few points.

• Like 2

EK was deliberately cheating DW wasn't. He certainly wasn't trying to gain any advantage by being 'hung-over'.

I've been in loads of hotels, bars, nightclubs etc on nights before GPs and witnessed loads of riders knocking 'em back until the early hours. Should all these riders have been banned?

FFS there would be any riders left to compete, even Chris Harris might pick up a few points.

You condone this behaviour?

• Like 1

You condone this behaviour?

What's he done wrong? He's turned up 'for work' hung-over. Have you never done that?

• Like 1

But these other riders you talk of were not breathalysed, and this is about Darcy Ward being a tool once again.

• Like 1

What's he done wrong? He's turned up 'for work' hung-over. Have you never done that?

You do realise in many places of work that would be a sackable offence?

He is in a professional sport at his status you would not turn up to your profession being over the limit unless you were a complete prick.

I have not ever turned up hung over to my work of place because I do not drink or need to, to have a good time.

• Like 1