British Speedway Forum

There was a fair bit of viewing time on tv recently from some championship diving from Kazan. I had to look where Kazan is, and its in southern Russia where 2015 world champions hip where Michael Phelps will not now be appearing.

Swimming, and more so athletics, I reckon gets good viewing figures but not solid supporters. Speedway, on the other hand, is a team sport and therefore you get solid support from a person(s) for years and years, even if the team is doing badly.

I used to go to the Crystal Palace meetings,so know how poorly attended they were and that was once or twice a season.Wimbledon speedway would knock spots of of those figures in a month or so

With the same people attending over and over during that month no doubt.

You claimed that you are more likely to find someone who has heard of a European Speedway champion than a European Swimming or Athletics champion.. absolutely no chance.

• Like 1

How was he taking it? :shock::rofl: :rofl:

Quite well - his legal team were splashing around a bit though!! :wink:

• Like 1

Has Darcy failed a swimming test now?? If so, I blame the chlorine!! :D

that would have to be some session - a whole pool of water and still unable to re-hydrate!
  • Like 1

A random 1000 people were asked who had heard of Phelps or Ward. Our survey said 995-5? Or am I being generous.

Edited by Hodgy
  • Like 1

A random 1000 people were asked who had heard of Phelps or Ward. Our survey said 95-5? Or am I being generous.

...and Phelps likes a drink too.

A random 1000 people were asked who had heard of Phelps or Ward. Our survey said 95-5? Or am I being generous.

Very generous. More like 5 to 995.

Edited by BWitcher
  • Like 1

We seem to be going round in circles on this thread, Ward did this, he didn't do that. Cant wait for the verdict to be passed down, either way this forum will go into over drive.

He should get 12 months but this will be reduced by 50% to 6 months (for openly admitting he was on the piss the night before, and by not trying to compete after being notified of his suspension). The suspension will commence from the date of the alcohol test. Could even be 12 months reduced to 3 months as it is not an offence to consume alcohol off track. Judging by the timing of his hearing, it is nearly 3 months from the date of the meeting at Daugavpils on 17 August, coincidence or not ? Makes me lean towards 3 months.

Shouldn't be long now for the result - Monster have just renewed their GP sponsorship!!! :t:

My first thiught on that was "I wonder if Ward has been negotiated back in for 2015", but then I thought, nah! dont be silly.

ANYONE who thinks that Monster will have or can have any influence on whatever decision the FIM eventually come to is barking up the wrong tree.

I very much doubt that Ward is a big deal for Monster anyway.. Having (hope I'm not being too presumptuous here) had the last three World Champions in Holder, Woffinden and Hancock they are more than happy with that trio.

Was actually very impressed at today's Press Conference at which Joe Parsons spoke eloquently about why Monster see speedway as the perfect fit for their products and their marketing strategy. And why they have renewed their contract for a further three years.

• Like 1

if a FIA would be too lenient, then WADA probably would become involved since

it was violation of Wada's anti-doping rules.

AGAIN asked a FIM high ranking official for a date for the Ward hearing and was told he didn't know and neither presumably does Ward, although he is here in Torun so will enquire.

The length of time this has taken to resolve is utter ridiculous... an opinion echoed by that same FIM guy.