British Speedway Forum

There are also the regular trolls though who seem to revel in inciting negative responses.

At some point in the past someone had the 'bright' idea of introducing the 'Like' button on forums such as this.

Allowing people to express their agreement and acknowledge their 'likingness' of a post.

Thereby not cluttering the whole board up with post after post just saying 'Spot-on', 'Yes' or 'LOL'.

I think this forum could be helped by having two alternate buttons replacing the 'Like' button.

Simply 'AGREE' or 'DISAGREE'.

This may help maintain the level of discourse and temper on the board if all one did to register dissent was click DISAGREE.

Instead of having to make that point time and again with the same posters who repeat 'disagreeable' points.

• Like 1

At some point in the past someone had the 'bright' idea of introducing the 'Like' button on forums such as this.

Allowing people to express their agreement and acknowledge their 'likingness' of a post.

Thereby not cluttering the whole board up with post after post just saying 'Spot-on', 'Yes' or 'LOL'.

I think this forum could be helped by having two alternate buttons replacing the 'Like' button.

This may help maintain the level of discourse and temper on the board if all one did to register dissent was click DISAGREE.

Instead of having to make that point time and again with the same posters who repeat 'disagreeable' points.

Yes but I agree with part of your post! :-)

Some forums do have that. You can have "like", "dislike", "agree", "disagree", "funny", "informative" and so on. Quite a nice thing to have.

I remember the old forums. Ah, them were the days! None of this muslim stuff then! The "happy birthday" threads were always a bit of a waste of time though. Just pages and pages of people posting "happy birthday". Not so interesting really. :)

I find that there is a certain clique who delight in hounding and ridiculing certain Posters. Many of their comments are beyond what is described as 'friendly with plenty of banter." IMO they respond to any comments some BSF posters put up simply because they have some grudge or dislike against that particular member. :sad:

I dont suffer fools or trolls.

I dont hound certain members but if you are thick or trolling then i will comment. I should shut up sometimes i know that but when dealing with idiots its hard not to respond.

The people who do the trolling are the people just as responsible

Funny how it seems to be the same people are ridiculed time and again though by lots of different members , yet they cant see why

• Like 5

I dont hound certain members but if you are thick or trolling then i will comment. I should shut up sometimes i know that but when dealing with idiots its hard not to respond.

Funny how it seems to be the same people are ridiculed time and again though by lots of different members , yet they cant see why

I didn't want to 'like' this post, so...

:rofl::rofl::t::D

So are some of you saying that the new people who have come on the Forum have ruined it? Have we invaded your nice little clique? If so I apologise for my presence here. I thought this Forum was for all views to be aired - not just the 'comfortable' ones.

There!!! That's thrown another log on the fire.

:nono: :nono: :nono:

I will stick around though. :)

Edited by The White Knight
  • Like 1

That's not the way to go about finding out the secret of norbold's hole, White Knight. ;)

• Like 2

So are some of you saying that the new people who have come on the Forum have ruined it? Have we invaded your nice little clique? If so I apologise for my presence here. I thought this Forum was for all views to be aired - not just the 'comfortable' ones.

There!!! That's thrown another log on the fire.

:nono: :nono: :nono:

I will stick around though. :)

Yeah, you bloody interlopers. Coming in, spoiling our fun :D

Another thing, I wonder how many BSF marriages and babies there have been? I knew of a few (or both). I'm off to start a thread on General Discussions to find out!

Sadly it's disappeared into the ether........

I think it was on one of the previous versions of the forum.

OK, from the beginning then, what did it say? :D

• Like 1

I hound certain members but if you are thick or trolling then i will comment. I should shut up sometimes i know that but when dealing with idiots its hard not to respond.

That's a top class sumination of yourself, go to the top of the class. Your history speaks for itself, but your are either stupid or daft enough or don't want to see it.. Again, check your supposed clubs thread you supposedily support. nuff said :icon_smile_clown:

That's a top class sumination of yourself, go to the top of the class. Your history speaks for itself, but your are either stupid or daft enough or don't want to see it.. Again, check your supposed clubs thread you supposedily support. nuff said :icon_smile_clown:

Attack the post contents - NOT the poster. Forum etiquette...

On other forums attacking posters and not post contents would result in lengthy bans...

well my dads bigger than your dad.

jeez the way you debate is quite unreal, then again i guess you lack the intellect.

Please go back over any posts ive made and then see afterwards how many people post about what i write.

Please go back over my posts and see how many are ridiculed

Please go back over my posts and see the number of likes i get.

Now do the same for yourself:

After you post you get 4 or 5 posts from other members destroying what you wrote.

Most of your posts are ridiculed by most people

The only people who now and again like your posts are skidder and pugwash, 2 Poole fans.

If you have gone right through the Ipswich thread and the Edinburgh , Kings Lynn, Somerset, threads you will see ive posted on all of them recently which is something you choose to ignore. If you are going through diferent threads to find my posts thats a bit sad.

As i explained to you the biggest topic in our sport is Darcy Ward so i will choose to post on here when and as i want to.

Attack the post contents - NOT the poster. Forum etiquette...

On other forums attacking posters and not post contents would result in lengthy bans...

He always attacks the poster as im sure he struggles to actually debate

The only people who now and again like your posts are skidder and pugwash, 2 Poole fans.

And I only like his posts just to annoy you. ;)

• Like 3

It's all quite obvious really.

The decline/change of the forum runs in parallel with the continued growth/influence/success of Matt Ford and Poole. :)

• Like 1

He always attacks the poster as im sure he struggles to actually debate

I know. I just wish that moderators moderated on attacks more often.

(Mind you - I sometimes want to give you a clip around the ear when you bite :nono::lol::rofl: