British Speedway Forum

whens the disciplinary hearing for ward? i take it he wont be riding in gorzow?

Course he will, I am sure we will see a spineless fine which he will have earned in the last week anyway and told for the 17th time to clean up his act

For the authorities to really deal out a meaningful punishment which sent a real message of intent this needed to be someone nearer the bottom end of the scale in terms of the riders. Had this been a lesser rider in say the World U21 or maybe one of the Latvian team at the SWC then the book would have been thrown at him. As its one of the top riders I fully expect it to be swept under the carpet

Maybe his clubs should take a stand.....................................OK, now I being silly

• Like 1

FIM will come with an official announcement today about Ward ....

I am going to add 2 and 2 together-as you said on another thread that MJJ is riding in Gorzow-I think he is replacing Ward.

So MJJ is in Gorzow. So whos not there then?

edit > seems I've been a bit slow!

Edited by SCB

Translating a Danish tweet they think it will be a 30 or 40 day ban. If it is and he then falls beneath the GP cut off of 8th place will he just walk back in next year on a wildcard?

Translating a Danish tweet they think it will be a 30 or 40 day ban. If it is and he then falls beneath the GP cut off of 8th place will he just walk back in next year on a wildcard?

30 days? And Kennett got 6 months for the, in relation, petty crime of tampering with a silencer.

Disgusting that Darcy once more will get away with it way to lightly. Surely a 12 month ban would be the most appropriate?

• Like 2

If that is true then speedway is a joke............. oops sorry forgot myself there for a second :rofl:

Having read what's below that is quite sensible. So Ward not off the hook yet.

He needs to be taught a very severe lesson and not just HIM!

Edited by pandorum

"Darcy Ward is out of this weekend's Gorzow GP after being 'provisionally suspended' by the FIM"

Speedwaystar on Twitter

FIM Anti-doping Controls FIM Speedway Grand Prix World Championship Anti-Doping Rule Violation - Rider Darcy Ward provisionally suspended
The Fédération Internationale de Motocyclisme (FIM) has advised SGP rider Darcy Ward that he is provisionally suspended (with effect from 28 August) pursuant to Article 7.5 of the FIM Anti-doping Code.
The decision to provisionally suspend Darcy Ward was taken following the receipt of a report from the FIM Track Racing Commission indicating that the result of an anti-doping control (alcohol test conducted by analysis of breath) carried out by the FIM on the rider at the Grand Prix of Latvia, round of the FIM Speedway Grand Prix World Championship held at Daugavpils on 17 August 2014, revealed the presence of alcohol above the threshold of 0.10g/L as fixed under the FIM Anti-doping Code.
In accordance with Article 8.1.1 of the FIM Anti-doping Code and Article 3.3.2 of the FIM Disciplinary and Arbitration Code, the case will be referred to the FIM International Disciplinary Court (CDI) which will adjudicate on the merits of the case.
For the duration of his Provisional Suspension, Mr Darcy Ward is barred from participating in any competition.
Under the World Anti-Doping Code and the FIM Anti-Doping Code, the FIM is unable to provide any additional information at this time.

Why has it taken over a week for this?

Agree this could have been done far sooner. Hopefully the potential seriousness of Ward's actions will entail a further punishment when a full hearing is held.

Hopefully Matt Ford (for all I dislike his methods) has had the sense to have a replacement lined up and put in place before the transfer deadline. It's unfair to Poole and it's supporters for Ward's actions to have a detrimental effect on them.

Edited by Star Lady

Is it a complete ban or just FIM events?

Is it a complete ban or just FIM events?

I take

For the duration of his Provisional Suspension, Mr Darcy Ward is barred from participating in any competition.

to mean all competitions