British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bagpuss

King's Lynn V Eastbourne 22/08/14

Kings Lynn to win this one but it will be a good opportunity for Gusto to check out the track prior to next wed.

Lynn need a real boast that comes with a good performance and big victory. The Stars have been through their down period, now is the time to kick start the season again in readiness for the play-offs. Then again if we aint good enough to do, then so be it, but lets make a real fist of it.

• Like 2

Is there anyone going to this meeting who would be able to text updates to the Updates site? If so, could you please send me a private message including your mobile number.

Thanks

3 points in the bag that's the main thing - would have nice to have got to heat 15 have to say but will take the 3 points - good to see all the boys in the points - on to the next one

• Like 1

How much of a refund do the fans get when It's called off after 10 heats? Never happened at sunny Foxhall from memory.

How much of a refund do the fans get when It's called off after 10 heats? Never happened at sunny Foxhall from memory.

nothing, although I did get a free meeting at kent a couple of weeks ago when the previous weeks match was rained off after four heats.

That's a disgrace. A game of football I was at recently got abandoned after 52 minutes, all us away fans have been given free admission for the rearranged fixture.

I can't believe a restaurant could possibly charge you for 3 courses if you only have 2, is there any other walk of life where you get ripped off like this? I always thought you get what you pay for, obviously the speedway crooks are a law unto themselves.

I agree, you pay for fifteen heats, you should receive fifteen heats. If not this week then reduce the price of the next meeting you attend.

Good performance from the Stars, probably would have nudged 60 had the meeting gone the distance. Difficult to tell if we are back on the gas or not as Eastbourne were pretty poor opposition, will have a better idea next Wednesday evening.

Much more like the Stars tonight. JK was certainly fast and gave the Lynn boys something to think about. Shame it got rained off, but the right call. Drive home was even worse, torrential rain, lightening everywhere...made it eventually. Roll on Swindon next week. Hope Simon Gustafsson is just as ineffective as he was tonight, but think the Robins will be a tougher nut to crack.

Pleasing to see Lewis Rose is improving as the season goes on (shame about his mistake let Timo through in one heat tonight). Just well really as he is making up for Lewis Kerr's slight dip after his injuries.

nothing, although I did get a free meeting at kent a couple of weeks ago when the previous weeks match was rained off after four heats.

Are you sure?

Are you sure?

sure about what. No refund after ten heats - yes, kent letting readmission ticket holders in for nothing the following week - yes. My memory is not that bad!

Not keen on this result after 10 heat deal, feel a little done tbh, 10 heats is only 2\3s of the meeting, a little off the next meeting would be a good gesture from the management, after all they didn't pay out all the wages ..

Apart from that, was good to see the Stars getting some good results, keep it up for next week boys, another tester ......commmmmmmme on!!!!

I'm sure it used to be no money back after Heat 6 so anything better than that is a bonus .

Do agree with Trees, result after 10 heats is ridiculous, did that have anything to do with Sky?