British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bagpuss

King's Lynn V Eastbourne 22/08/14

Palm-Toft in for the injured Porsing, guest for Blackbird TBC. U21 WTC final in Denmark on Saturday which had no doubt contributed to Porsing having the week off and presumably means Michelsen will miss this?

Edited by Gordon Bennett
  • Like 1

Porsing crashed at Ostrow in the U21 2nd round

Porsing crashed at Ostrow in the U21 2nd round

Yep that's why I typed that he is injured, but I bet he'd have ridden tonight and tomorrow if the WTC wasn't happening on Saturday.

Fairly straightforward 3 points for Stars in this one..Eastie never go well around the NA.....just hope for some good racing to keep things interesting

• Like 1

Should be a easy home win. Eastbourne have been poor away from home.

Then again in speedway anything can happen

With Blackbird at reserve, this could have been a close meeting especially judging by the Stars showing last week. Without him, we'll win by 10.

More like 20 I suspect!

Tonight's meeting will give us a good indication of where we're at right now.

If we can't hit 50+ against this poor travelling Eastbourne team, we're right up the pooper in terms of any chance in the Play-Offs.

• Like 1

It's a great opportunity for the Stars to get a 'W' back on the scoreboard.

Looks like the riders need a boost, hopefully a good performance in front of a bumper Friday night bank holiday crowd should do the trick.

And I'm not entertaining any of this 'team changes are needed talk'.

• Like 1

Tonight's meeting will give us a good indication of where we're at right now.

If we can't hit 50+ against this poor travelling Eastbourne team, we're right up the pooper in terms of any chance in the Play-Offs.

If the Play Offs started this coming Monday and the four teams were, as I suspect they will be, us Poole Swindon & Cov, I'd have us down as fourth favourites currently. The next five to six weeks are vital in terms of getting back into some form, starting tonight. Next Wednesday against Swindon is a massive meeting too. Edited by Gordon Bennett

Weather forecast looks a bit 'variable' for this evening - depending which forecast one looks at!!

Any more specific news from the area yet?!

Gusto for mikkel and max clegg a like for like rep for blackbird. Basically as I said before they CBa about away matches