British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
lucifer sam

Scunthorpe Vs Stoke (nl) - Sunday, August 31st (approx 5pm - Follows Pl Match)

KIDS GO FREE ON SUNDAY!

ALL CHILDREN aged 17 or under will admitted free into Sunday’s (August 31) double-header at the Eddie Wright Raceway.

The 30-heat feast of action sees the FluidAir Power Scunthorpe Scorpions take on the Workington Comets in a vital Premier League clash (start-time 3pm), followed by a Henderson Insurance Scunthorpe Stags vs Stoke Potters National League encounter.

Scunthorpe promoter Rob Godfrey said: “We’re hoping families will take advantage of this offer and come along to the Eddie Wright Raceway, to see a whole afternoon of thrilling speedway action.

“We’re hoping to see some brand new faces to enjoy the only professional motorsport with no brakes and no gears, while also realising this may appeal to fans travelling from further afield.

“We’re proud that we have one of the best racetracks in the country, and 30 races around here are likely to contain plenty of excitement.

“The meeting against Workington is a vital meeting for our play-off qualification hopes, and could easily turn out to be a cracker.”

Nice gesture from the promoters to let the kids in free. Also to extend the Child designation to include those up to 17 - other Promoters please take note. Kids have to remain at college until 18 now so how come most tracks still have 15 as the cut off point? This may actually lose revenue for Clubs as families look at the additional cost and take the 'one out - all out' view.

Worth thinking about in the Winter perhaps?

• Like 2

Well done to the Stags for hitting 40.

• Like 1

Another good meeting at the EWR ,fair play to the Stags for running the standalone superstars so close,a little bit of luck would have seen them win this meeting

• Like 1

Another good meeting at the EWR ,fair play to the Stags for running the standalone superstars so close,a little bit of luck would have seen them win this meeting

Gloating is such an unattractive look

One would assume that with all this high quality development help and advice they are getting they would have to improve at some point? or what's the point?

Bearing in mind I haven't criticised the team and politics aside well done to the Stags who have obviously worked hard to get to where they are ......If they hadn't have ran Stoke close as the last fixture on the Scunthorpe track then i'd say the project had been a failure. Glad to see that isn't the case and glad that Stoke were able to play their part in proving that

Edited by TMW

One would assume that with all this high quality development help and advice they are getting they would have to improve at some point? or what's the point?

Bearing in mind I haven't criticised the team and politics aside well done to the Stags who have obviously worked hard to get to where they are ......If they hadn't have ran Stoke close as the last fixture on the Scunthorpe track then i'd say the project had been a failure. Glad to see that isn't the case and glad that Stoke were able to play their part in proving that

It wasn't their last fixture they still have Buxton to race yet which should be good.

It wasn't their last fixture they still have Buxton to race yet which should be good.

Sorry I should have said last scheduled fixture.....

Gutted to have missed this. :cry:

Sounds like 30 Heats of high quality racing at the EWR yesterday.

I wouldn't say that all 30 heats were quality racing but with dirt on the track, the PL boys were exciting to watch at times. I thought David Howe was brilliant in the races that I saw him ride. The NL racing was good but as the dirt went, it became increasingly difficult to pass but the Stags did well. I think Danno Verge scored his 1st win of his NL career so well done to him.

Stoke struggled with Simon Lambert not being able to guest at No1 position and Armo blowing an engine, borrowing a spare bike from Ben Hopwood and that failed and then he rode on Rob Shuttleworths, neither of which suited Jon's small stature.

I wouldn't say that all 30 heats were quality racing but with dirt on the track, the PL boys were exciting to watch at times. I thought David Howe was brilliant in the races that I saw him ride. The NL racing was good but as the dirt went, it became increasingly difficult to pass but the Stags did well. I think Danno Verge scored his 1st win of his NL career so well done to him.

Stoke struggled with Simon Lambert not being able to guest at No1 position and Armo blowing an engine, borrowing a spare bike from Ben Hopwood and that failed and then he rode on Rob Shuttleworths, neither of which suited Jon's small stature.

Yes first 6/7 races in nl match were pretty close with a few passes but track just got so blue was very hard to pass wish they would give it a few grades in the nl match help might help the riders out

Well from someone who track hops each year in the NL i guess failure is something you know quite alot about

The only failure about Sunday was we didnt see round two of the fight between Stokes riders that caused a change in riding order,i was all sat down ready with a coffee and 20 Bensons

• Like 1

Well from someone who track hops each year in the NL i guess failure is something you know quite alot about

The only failure about Sunday was we didnt see round two of the fight between Stokes riders that caused a change in riding order,i was all sat down ready with a coffee and 20 Bensons

Blimey you are scraping the bottom of the barrell. You really need to get some new material