British Speedway Forum

Nicki gives his own view on the incident:

Men den udelukkelse mener Nicki Pedersen ikke var berettiget.

- Jeg kom rundt i svinget og prøvede at overhale ham indenom. Det så han og smed så benet ud til siden, så jeg ramte ham.

However Nicki means that this exclusion wasn't justified.

-I came around the bend and tried to overtake him on the inside. He saw that and threw his leg out so that I hit him.

- Det var ikke min fejl, og så væltede han ovenikøbet først efter, jeg havde overhalet ham. Det burde dommeren have set, og jeg synes,

at det er en meget urutineret dom, siger Pedersen, der selv indrømmer, at det er en frustrerende tid for ham.

It wasn't my fault and the he fell after I had passed him, the referee should have seen that and I think that it is a very inexperienced ruling,

says Nicki who admits that it is a frustrating time for him.

http://sporten.tv2.dk/2014-09-13-skuffet-nicki-p-udelukket-i-vojens-helt-hen-i-vejret

Not surprised by Wojacek's ruling, he ALWAYS excludes Nicki no matter what happened.

Edited by Ghostwalker

Decent GP, congratulations to Jonsson on his win, whether its enough to save his SGP career I would doubt but it might just give BSI a nudge when they`re handing out the wild cards.

Hopefully Bjerre will be ok after his get off, I`m sure Rob Lyon for one will be eager for some good news this morning.

Haven't read all of this thread, but IMO Pedersen was on the wrong end of a decision last night, not surprising really as this ref isn't the best. Batchelor should've been the one to go, no doubt about it, looks like Pedersen's reputation went before him.

Totaly agree with you

Very enjoyable GP and what a crowd, looked full to me. Well done to AJ, good close racing and the usual tatrum from Pedersen, I thought he was going to hit thet woman for a minute.

Hope K Bjerre is not feeling to battered this morning, Wuffy looked in so much pain, got 7 points to keep him in the running.

Let them BOTH restart, time to change the rules? I mean it was a racing incident, two riders, no malice, just going for it......

I mean "Its not Table Tennis!"

And don't forget, it IS a contact sport!

Only the real Pedersen haters or those new to speedway think Nicki was at fault.

Cant stand the man but it was blatantly the wrong decision

• Like 5

Only the real Pedersen haters or those new to speedway think Nicki was at fault.

Cant stand the man but it was blatantly the wrong decision

just as the holder decision was that basically decided the championship that year.

Edited by Arson fire
  • Like 1

Well done AJ, good to see him do well again.

Some great racing and in the end not too bad a result as far as Greg is concerned, seems like Nikki missed out big time to really stamp his authority on a claim for the GP title.

What about the guy who quit Reading mid-season in 2007?

He didn't quit. His contract came to an end. I believe he even rode an additional match after the contractually agreed end date.

As was mentioned last night the big winner was Greg Hancock, I`m sure he was thinking he would lose his SGP lead but I sure he will be over the moon this morning still being top.

Sorry to spoil the party but I think the referee was dead right. Pedersen did pass on the inside but delayed his turn fractionally on the third bend enough to hit Batchelor who was trying to turn. Spot on ref.

Edited by bill94d
  • Like 1

Sorry to spoil the party but I think the referee was sight.

Giving some of his decisions last night I think he was sight to. :D

Sorry to spoil the party but I think the referee was right. Pedersen did pass on the inside but delayed his turn fractionally on the third bend enough to hit Batchelor who was trying to turn. Spot on ref.

I agree with this, where was Batchelor supposed to go, Turn right?....You reap what you sow Nicki, you reap what you sow...Unlucky, get over it!

Edited by Marcelle
  • Like 2

Sorry to spoil the party but I think the referee was dead right. Pedersen did pass on the inside but delayed his turn fractionally on the third bend enough to hit Batchelor who was trying to turn. Spot on ref.

batch had loads of room to turn, if he kept the wider line, nonsense to suggest he had nowhere to go, it's not a gymnastics beam they are racing on you know :)
  • Like 3