British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
arnieg

2015 Gp Wild Cards

AGREE ... the blunt truth is that there is actually a paucity of top class contenders at present although hopefully that may change.

But as of now, is Jonasson better than Jonsson or Lindgren, which British rider is better than Harris, is there a Pole better than Hampel?

There is only one way to find out. I think the GP-series have stagnated and probably needs a set of new faces.

If Jonsson and/or Lindgren misses out on top 8, I think it won't do them any harm to sit out a year.

Especially Freddie who notoriously have been relying on wild cards (with 2 exceptions) so I think he have had enough wild cards already.

So if either or both of AJ and FL is outside top 8, I say let Thomas H Jonasson have a go as a permanent wild card, after all

he had very good performance in thus years SWC and was only 1p from qualifying in Lonigo.

Ward shouldnt be allowed in.

Laguta doesnt want to be in

Kildemand should be picked ahead of MJJ

Iversen, Kildemand, either Lindgren or Jonsson, either Batchelor or Holder

Tbh I disagree with all you said in my post with the exception of Laguta who isn't good enough in my opinion and NKI who should be there.

This topic is really interesting because I cant remember seeing 2 posters agree on the same set of wildcards, yet quite a few years ago it was a lot easier to pick and then you have the Ward situation.

Really tough pick on the selectors and someone major is going to be disappointed.

No way Freddie Lindgren can be justified to get another wild card. He had way to many already and have only managed to be top 8 once.

Edited by Ghostwalker
  • Like 1

No way Freddie Lindgren can be justified to get another wild card. He had way to many already and have only managed to be top 8 once.

But there are 15 Grand Prix riders. Should they not be the top 15 in the world? Or are you saying that only the top eight should be in the Grand Prix? On what criteria do you select the other seven?

But there are 15 Grand Prix riders. Should they not be the top 15 in the world? Or are you saying that only the top eight should be in the Grand Prix? On what criteria do you select the other seven?

Lindgren isn't in the Top 15 in the world, I can name 7 riders who are outside the Top 8 of the GP's who are all better than Frederik Lindgren.

Darcy Ward

Emil Sayfudtinov

Grigory Laguta

Niels Kristian Iversen

Patrk Dudek

Michael Jepsen Jensen

Adrien Miedzinski

But there are 15 Grand Prix riders. Should they not be the top 15 in the world? Or are you saying that only the top

eight should be in the Grand Prix? On what criteria do you select the other seven?

How do you define the 15 best riders in the world? How do you know that the riders placed 9 or worse in the total standings are better then those

currently outside the Grand Prix series? You cannot possible know until the latter too have been awarded a wild card to the GP-series.

How do you know that THJ would do worse then Freddie in a full season in the GP-series?

As for criterias, one criteria is how many wild card that rider have received before and the more wild card picks the further down the

pecking order the rider should be. I think it's 5 wc now for Freddie, another criteria is performance in the speedway world cup.

Freddie boycotted the SWC. If he can't bother to do the SWC he should not be considered for a SGP pick either (unless the rider were injured).

Then we can look at what the rider have achieved in the SGP; how many seasons in the SGP, how many times the rider have finished top 8.

Which means amount of top 8 finishes in relation to number of seasons in the SGP. Then no rider should be handed a wild card for two years in a row,

unless that riders have suffered long time injuries resulting in that rider

Imo a rider have to take the chances he is given, a rider should not have unlimited amount of wild cards. 5 is 1 or 2 too many.

What are your motivation to give Freddie another wild card?

Edited by Ghostwalker
  • Like 2

Lindgren isn't in the Top 15 in the world, I can name 7 riders who are outside the Top 8 of the GP's who are all better than Frederik Lindgren.

Darcy Ward

Emil Sayfudtinov

Grigory Laguta

Niels Kristian Iversen

Patrk Dudek

Michael Jepsen Jensen

Adrien Miedzinski

the top 4 you quoted are better but your top 3 either don't want to ride or should be banned. Your talking out if your arse regarding the other 3

I don't see how you can justify Kildemand over Jepsen Jensen.

Kildemand's caareer achievements don't hold a candle to MJJ's and he's 3 years older.

He has been better this year results show that your man is good but PK has that bit of devil in him an edge to him a massive advantage over MJJ.if he keeps working hard he PK will be a player on the world stage for a number of years in a way progress wise he reminds me of PUK.Both have had setbacks but it has held them in great stead experience is vital.
  • Like 1

I don't see how you can justify Kildemand over Jepsen Jensen.

Kildemand's caareer achievements don't hold a candle to MJJ's and he's 3 years older.

It's a reflection on MJJ's last two GP appearances, from which he has only garnered 11 points in total. Kildemand has two GP finals in two attempts this year plus a WTC gold medal. A good performance from MJJ in Torun and the pendulem might swing again....

MJJ is the classic example of a rider who thinks and acts as though he is the best - but rarely delivers it in even the most mundane of meetings.

PK is an exciting and entertaining rider who usually performs at the highest level!

• Like 1

Top 15 in the world would be ideal, but it will never happen because a) I think most agree that there needs to be some qualification system which would allow a "surprise packet" to make the series via a string of excellent performances and B) there needs to be at least some geographical spread of riders . If I could choose a line up of 15 it would look something like: Tai, Hancock, Pedersen, NKI, Kildermand, Hampel, KK, Piotr Pawlicki, Emil, G Laguta, Vaculik, Zagar, Ward, Holder, AJ/THJ - but we won't see a lin up as stong as that.

How do you define the 15 best riders in the world?

There are various ranking systems that could be used to determine the top 15. I have a method, and so does a bloke "Dolgin" who analyses every meeting raced over a two year period. Neither system is perfect, but we agree on 11 out of the top 15 - Greg, Tai, Emil, Ward, NKI, KK Pedersen, Zmarzlik, Doyle, Vaculik and Kolodziej. I have Holder, Kildermand, Zagar and Hampel as the others in my top 15, whereas he has G Laguta, Piotr Pawlicki, AJ and Protasewicz.

Freddie is 28th on my list and 33rd on Dolgin's, so nowhere near the top 15 in either system - agree no way should he get a wildcard for next year.

Based on the current system, I think the ideal scenario is that Holder, Hampel and AJ make the top 8, and wildcards go to Emil, Ward, NKi and Kildermand. With two of THJ, Zmarzlik, Piotr Pawlicki and Vaculik to take the places of Ward and Emil if they are unavailable for the series (I've assumed G Laguta is still not interested).

Top 15 in the world would be ideal, but it will never happen because a) I think most agree that there needs to be some qualification system which would allow a "surprise packet" to make the series via a string of excellent performances and B) there needs to be at least some geographical spread of riders . If I could choose a line up of 15 it would look something like: Tai, Hancock, Pedersen, NKI, Kildermand, Hampel, KK, Piotr Pawlicki, Emil, G Laguta, Vaculik, Zagar, Ward, Holder, AJ/THJ - but we won't see a lin up as stong as that.

There are various ranking systems that could be used to determine the top 15. I have a method, and so does a bloke "Dolgin" who analyses every meeting raced over a two year period. Neither system is perfect, but we agree on 11 out of the top 15 - Greg, Tai, Emil, Ward, NKI, KK Pedersen, Zmarzlik, Doyle, Vaculik and Kolodziej. I have Holder, Kildermand, Zagar and Hampel as the others in my top 15, whereas he has G Laguta, Piotr Pawlicki, AJ and Protasewicz.

Freddie is 28th on my list and 33rd on Dolgin's, so nowhere near the top 15 in either system - agree no way should he get a wildcard for next year.

Based on the current system, I think the ideal scenario is that Holder, Hampel and AJ make the top 8, and wildcards go to Emil, Ward, NKi and Kildermand. With two of THJ, Zmarzlik, Piotr Pawlicki and Vaculik to take the places of Ward and Emil if they are unavailable for the series (I've assumed G Laguta is still not interested).

NEITHER is Emil unfortunately

What about Vaculik? I recall last season him saying he wanted a few seasons away from the GPS, and he didn't enter the qualifiers, but his form this season has been excellent. Would he take a wildcard if offered, and what are the chances of that?

What about Vaculik? I recall last season him saying he wanted a few seasons away from the GPS, and he didn't enter the qualifiers, but his form this season has been excellent. Would he take a wildcard if offered, and what are the chances of that?

VERY slim...