British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Daniel Smith

Kings Lynn V Lakeside Tues 16th Sept 7.30pm

Q: What's more boring than watching a tractor going round a speedway track?

A: Watching 2 tractors going round a speedway track while Phil Collins is being played.

Edited by grachan
  • Like 3

The announcer excitedly proclaimed that heat 5 was the heat of the season. Was it? Really? Because it was nothing special!

The announcer excitedly proclaimed that heat 5 was the heat of the season. Was it? Really? Because it was nothing special!

Neither is he so I wouldn't take too much notice :)

• Like 2

I believe Rob Lyon has now got the biggest job he ever had to do , in turning this team into winners. Motivation,, Team spirit,, Togetherness, Kick up the arse,, He will have to do it all to win tonight. Anything but max points is unthinkable........

COME ON YOU STARS :t::t::t::drink::drink::cheers::cheers:

Love the spirit in the team. Big job done. Well done Rob.

The team are back on the rise. Robert to hit top form, Kenny to continue where he left off, A bit of luck going our way and it could be our trophy. Come on you Stars.

• Like 1

Ok, ok it was only Lakeside but we were absolutely electric from the tapes and some good close racing. That will give the lads a monumental boost. Winning builds confidence no matter who it's against. On to Belle Vue and let's hope we can keep rolling on

I'm not giving up on the Play-Offs. Us not being good enough is only a matter of opinion.

Ok, ok it was only Lakeside but we were absolutely electric from the tapes and some good close racing. That will give the lads a monumental boost. Winning builds confidence no matter who it's against. On to Belle Vue and let's hope we can keep rolling on

I'm not giving up on the Play-Offs. Us not being good enough is only a matter of opinion.

Its on the night. Look at Cov/ Poole yesterday. Anything can happen. I just hope the weather doesnt spoil the play offs and have tracks like ploughed fields.

• Like 1

Watching some of the speedway at KL this year I expect it was

Q: What's more boring than watching a tractor going round a speedway track?

A: Watching 2 tractors going round a speedway track while Phil Collins is being played.

Yeah, but it was almost as much fun as two tractors going round in the opposite directions......thought it was going to end in tears, but at least the ref could have called it a case of first bend bunching!

Easier win that I expected to be honest, probably not helped by Davey Watt taking until his fourth ride to get amongst the points. Looked disinterested in his first three so maybe bike problems. But a good 6 man display from the Stars and good boost ahead of the play offs

Very good performance from the team this evening, even allowing for how poor Lakeside were. Watt an embarassment up until heat 13. Porsing excellent on decent kit and the skipper the best I've seen him all season.

Thought there was some decent action tonight on a slicker surface but Lynn nowhere near the racetrack it once was unfortunately.

R Lambert needs to learn to gate if he wants to get anywhere in the sport. Made two good ones tonight and was never troubled but gave himself too much to do in his others. S Lambert full of effort as always.

Edited by Gordon Bennett
  • Like 3

On this performance kings lynn should make the play off final as long as pick coventry.

Teams queuing up to pick Coventry just now. You will just have to hope Poole don't get all 4 points tomorrow and you get at least a two points at Belle Vue next Monday. Otherwise, you'll get Swindon.

Edited by tocha

Well that was very encouraging! :party:

Maximum effort from everybody and Niklas, Rory and Lewis excelling. In fact Niklas should've had a max if Nicholls hadn't got in his way (twice!) in his 4th ride.

So now its up to Leicester tomorrow to restrict Poole, but I won't hold my breath - expecting the league to be all sorted at BVue next week and hopefully all Stars doing the same as tonight! :unsure::blink: