British Speedway Forum
kitten2502

Birmingham Brummies - Has The Come Back Trail Started?

So when Chelski or Mansour City field an all-star non-English team, their fortunes and crowds will wither away too???

What has football got to do with speedway.

Lets try again! :oops:

That "impeccably honest and upstanding citizen" from the BSPA(mentioning no names),boarded my train at Rugby a few weeks back without a valid ticket to travel :o!!! Kind of says it all!! :rofl:

And did you sell him a ticket?

I want to say so why is Perry Barr now standing empty as racing has always been good there. But they finished top of the league and made a play-off final the season before last and that failed too.

I could be wrong but generally, the safer and more stable clubs are the clubs with a decent home track advantage.

And something I don't get is people demanding names. None of my mates if I took them along would know if they were watching Chris/Tai/Greg the World Champion, Hans one of the top EL guys, Cook one of the top PL guys or Greenwood one of the top NL guys. Names don't draw in a crowd IMO with the possible exception of "the World Champion" but thats a title, not a name.

And lets be honest, if the sport was slightly less embarrassing, we'd all be more likely to drag along a few friends - so I'm not convinced actual "promotion"/advertising is needed. Just running a good, clean, slick show.

And something I don't get is people demanding names. None of my mates if I took them along would know if they were watching Chris/Tai/Greg the World Champion, Hans one of the top EL guys, Cook one of the top PL guys or Greenwood one of the top NL guys. Names don't draw in a crowd IMO with the possible exception of "the World Champion" but thats a title, not a name.

So if the GP riders at Cardiff were replaced by NL riders you reckon the crowds would be the same ...Just like any other sport names bring in crowds and always will do .

nah he gave him a bog brush to clean the crapper out as punishment

Edited by zlata prilba
  • Like 2

nah he gave him a bog brush to clean the crapper out as punishment

Not having a ticket is not such a crime, what about the guy who designed the Birmingham race suits in 2010.

• Like 2

I did,as it's my job to do so,but King Smug thought he'd chance it! ;)

• Like 1

Possibly! What's his name again? Alex Salmkess? Or was it Alex Harkmond? Something like that anyway.

Sad to see that British Speedway is being led by someone with the honesty integrity and moral standards of a common fare dodger.

And you wondered why I called you a knobhead, not on here of course!

• Like 1

And you wondered why I called you a knobhead, not on here of course!

And certainly not face to face.

Reported in todays Birmingham Mail

Tony Mole might enter BRUMMIES in the 2015 NL

If this keeps Perry Barr a speedway venue

Bring it on

Birmingham Brummies may start from the bottom again

Nov 12, 2014 09:28

By Richard Jones

Tony Mole says the option of starting Birmingham Brummies in the bottom tier of British racing is the only one currently open to revive the Brummies.

Tony Mole has admitted for the first time he could enter a Birmingham Brummies side in the 2015 National League.

The Kidderminster-based businessman says the option of starting the club again in the bottom tier of British racing is the only one currently open to revive the Brummies.

He admits he has come under pressure to keep the Brummies on track at Perry Barr despite withdrawing interest in entering them straight back in one of the top two divisions.

Mole said: “It’s the British Speedway AGM this weekend and Birmingham Speedway will not be declaring any intention of entering the Premier or Elite League. Whether the National League is a possibility at this stage, I’m not really sure. I can see the merit in keeping the Brummies on track and I know there is a fanbase there desperate to see the club racing again.

“But you have to remember the majority of sponsors who backed the club previously have turned their back because of the way the club folded mid-season.

“I have to do a lot of thinking before making that decision. It would have to be viable. I am no longer in a position to take on the responsibility of a speedway club personally, but I will consider the option of National League racing.”

Mole has also responded to speculation linking Cradley with a move to Perry Barr after the Heathens lost the use of Wolverhampton’s Monmore Green. He said: “I’m aware of the speculation but I’m afraid there is nothing to report.

“Of course, we don’t like to see clubs close down, but sometimes circumstances happen which make it impossible. If anything changes with Cradley, then I will offer an update.

“There is certainly no agreement in place between Cradley Heath, the GRA or myself at this moment in time.”

Mole pulled the plug on a potential Premier League application a fortnight ago after a lack of interest from investors and sponsors.

Former commercial chief Joe McLaughlin has been working behind the scenes to help Mole but has suffered several knock-backs from disillusioned backers after the collapse of the club last July.

Birmingham Brummies may start from the bottom again

Nov 12, 2014 09:28

By Richard Jones

Tony Mole says the option of starting Birmingham Brummies in the bottom tier of British racing is the only one currently open to revive the Brummies.

Tony Mole has admitted for the first time he could enter a Birmingham Brummies side in the 2015 National League.

The Kidderminster-based businessman says the option of starting the club again in the bottom tier of British racing is the only one currently open to revive the Brummies.

He admits he has come under pressure to keep the Brummies on track at Perry Barr despite withdrawing interest in entering them straight back in one of the top two divisions.

Mole said: “It’s the British Speedway AGM this weekend and Birmingham Speedway will not be declaring any intention of entering the Premier or Elite League. Whether the National League is a possibility at this stage, I’m not really sure. I can see the merit in keeping the Brummies on track and I know there is a fanbase there desperate to see the club racing again.

“But you have to remember the majority of sponsors who backed the club previously have turned their back because of the way the club folded mid-season.

“I have to do a lot of thinking before making that decision. It would have to be viable. I am no longer in a position to take on the responsibility of a speedway club personally, but I will consider the option of National League racing.”

Mole has also responded to speculation linking Cradley with a move to Perry Barr after the Heathens lost the use of Wolverhampton’s Monmore Green. He said: “I’m aware of the speculation but I’m afraid there is nothing to report.

“Of course, we don’t like to see clubs close down, but sometimes circumstances happen which make it impossible. If anything changes with Cradley, then I will offer an update.

“There is certainly no agreement in place between Cradley Heath, the GRA or myself at this moment in time.”

Mole pulled the plug on a potential Premier League application a fortnight ago after a lack of interest from investors and sponsors.

Former commercial chief Joe McLaughlin has been working behind the scenes to help Mole but has suffered several knock-backs from disillusioned backers after the collapse of the club last July.

Milton Keynes?

To keep The Brummies alive any league is better than no racing at all. Hope it works out.

• Like 1

Phil would be an ideal choice. If the Brummies and Cradley both race at Perry Bar in the NL. Then with help from him he would be able to find any good young British riders that where needed to make either team a winning side in the League.

There will be speedway at Perry Barr next season, Cradley will race there.

BIRMINGHAM Brummies are set to rise from the ashes next season – with an application to enter Speedway’s National League.

Former club owner Tony Mole has confirmed he will be entering the Brummies – with their traditional yellow and red race jacket colours – in the third tier of the sport as a starting point to rebuild the club.

All home meetings will be staged at Perry Barr with Cradley Heath also racing at the Aldridge Road venue on alternate weeks as the Heathens aim to defend their title.

Said Mole: “I am delighted to confirm I have reached agreement with all parties for Birmingham Brummies to submit an application to join the National League next season.

“This is very much the first stage in a rebuilding process and if the team is a success and we get the necessary support from fans then I will be looking to take the club up into a higher level.

“I am pleased to see Cradley Heath survive and they will be the team everyone wants to beat next season. They have won the title for the last two seasons and will be going for the hat-trick, but I have two main ambitions myself for 2015 – win the league and beat Cradley!

“We will be building a competitive team and I have a team manager in mind. More announcements will be made in due course, including our opening night details