British Speedway Forum
Rob B

Belle Vue V Coventry & Kings Lynn 22/9

There wern't any dodgy engine failures last season.

No but there were 4 riders ready and willing to ride heat 11 untill they weren't needed because of the result of heat 10

• Like 1

No but there were 4 riders ready and willing to ride heat 11 untill they weren't needed because of the result of heat 10

As there were at lakeside the other week.

The rules for guest riders is rule number[ 17.7.4 Guest must be in a current team declaration.] rule 17.7.5 a rider can only ride as a guest at a track once in a eight day period.So check if the teams using guest in the playoffs are legal.

Edited by rider slider

The rules for guest riders is rule number[ 17.7.4 Guest must be in a current team declaration.] rule 17.7.5 a rider can only ride as a guest at a track once in a eight day period.So check if the teams using guest in the playoffs are legal.

This isn't the play-offs. Nor will it effect the play-offs as BV won't be in them. King's Lynn and Poole need guests at number 1 so rule 17.7.5 won't matter for their home legs either.

This might be the first sky meeting that isn't spoilt for the fans at the track?

Usually we have to endure a drawn out affair to fit in with the ad breaks but clearly there will not be time for extended breaks. We should be able to enjoy the usual slick presentation at Belle Vue which has seen several meetings concluded at 9pm or even earlier!

On the other hand....

Sky could stick to their routine of ad breaks and interviews and the first meeting won't finish until 915, there will then be a 10 minute break for a thorough track prep only leaving enough time for 10 heats of the second meeting before the curfew. Sky will end the live broadcast at 10pm after showing the first 4 heats of the Coventry meeting and leave us to crack on the best we can.

I hope it's the first scenario.

Whatever happens there will be thousands from Kings Lynn desperate to see them finish top for only the third time in their history and the first time in the 'top' league so it will be a good atmosphere.

Don't think you will see thousands of Lynn fans.May would have done if it meant a result won us the league.

So we have Clegg for Lambert then.Personally after seeing Halsey around Belle Vue last week I would have gone for him.

Edited by tellboy

Don't think you will see thousands of Lynn fans.May would have done if it meant a result won us the league.

So we have Clegg for Lambert then.Personally after seeing Halsey around Belle Vue last week I would have gone for him.

had this meeting been for the championship I think many Stars fans me included would have made the trip to Belle Vue without doubt - some will be there for sure but for me it will be Sky Sports and then go from there into the play offs and I will be there when it counts .

Going to be like watching the same team twice, as Harris and Andersen are both guesting for King's Lynn before racing for Coventry, and Max Clegg is guesting for both King's Lynn and Coventry!

I am glad fricke is guesting for both teams as having just Hans and Bomber doing it would have been farcical wouldnt it?????

And the saddest thing is no one within the bspa will even bat an eye lid as to how ridiculous this will look on monday....

If only we could get the sport on the disney channel, it would be perfect synergy, disney showcasing a sport regarded by thousands of ex and current attendees as both 'mickey mouse' and 'donald ducked'...........!!!

Edited by mikebv

I am glad fricke is guesting for both teams as having just Hans and Bomber doing it would have been farcical wouldnt it?????

And the saddest thing is no one within the bspa will even bat an eye lid as to how ridiculous this will look on monday....

If only we could get the sport on the disney channel, it would be perfect synergy, disney showcasing a sport regarded by thousands of ex and current attendees as both 'mickey mouse' and 'donald ducked'...........!!!

You have done the same thing I did and read it wrong. Its Max Clegg not Max Fricke guesting :(

You have done the same thing I did and read it wrong. Its Max Clegg not Max Fricke guesting :(

ha ha ha, shows how much notice I am taking about a match at my own track...

well if its clegg then that makes everything ok!!!!

sigh.....

• Like 1

They do the play off semis, cameras at both tracks.

That is completely different both meetings run at same time with heats slightly staggered, one heat at one track while they are getting ready for next.

Last week at Belle Vue riders were on track dead on 7.00 for heat 1, that's not going to happen tonight with sky not starting from broadcasting toll 7.00.

Regarding guests, If Coventry were near bottom of the league I could maybe just understand it although still farcical, but with them being in playoffs too is just ridiculous first of all lending their top 2 riders to a playoff opponent so they can finish top not to mention the chance of them getting injured!

• Like 2

This will be interseting to watch. Does anybody have the truth in what sky are doing. And why have kings lynn and coventry changed. At the weekend it was coventry first. Why is thi?

This will be interseting to watch. Does anybody have the truth in what sky are doing. And why have kings lynn and coventry changed. At the weekend it was coventry first. Why is this?

And why have kings lynn and coventry changed. At the weekend it was coventry first. Why is this?

Coventry had the date first and King's Lynn were added to make it a double header, so they were listed second.

But since the Coventry match makes no difference to league placings, but the King's Lynn one will decide first and second in the league, I would guess that the BSPA and the 3 teams involved agreed to run the important one first.

Possibly a rare example of the BSPA using common-sense? Though I expect some will complain about it for no reason.

• Like 4

This will be interseting to watch. Does anybody have the truth in what sky are doing. And why have kings lynn and coventry changed. At the weekend it was coventry first. Why is thi?

This will be interseting to watch. Does anybody have the truth in what sky are doing. And why have kings lynn and coventry changed. At the weekend it was coventry first. Why is this?

Because the result of the Kings Lynn meeting will decide who finishes top of the league, and it will avoid the situation that if the meeting runs late the second meeting cannot get to a result awarded position.

Also the Kings Lynn fans have further to travel to get home to bed :D .

Edited by A ORLOV
  • Like 2