British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mr Blobby

Edinburgh V Berwick (pl-po) 19/9/14 @ 7.30pm

Thirty nine points round Armadale is something of an achievement for Berwick, though sadly there were no points to be had. Creditable scores from Doolan, Edberg and Wethers, while our No1, a former Edinburgh rider didn't bother the scorers to much, though to be fair to Vissing he does have a big meeting in Poland on Sunday to concentrate on, certainly way more important than representing our club at Sheffield in the PLRC. How he got to be considered good enough to do Ht15 beggars belief.

• Like 3

Thirty nine points round Armadale is something of an achievement for Berwick, though sadly there were no points to be had. Creditable scores from Doolan, Edberg and Wethers, while our No1, a former Edinburgh rider didn't bother the scorers to much, though to be fair to Vissing he does have a big meeting in Poland on Sunday to concentrate on, certainly way more important than representing our club at Sheffield in the PLRC. How he got to be considered good enough to do Ht15 beggars belief.

even i could not work that one out either

even i could not work that one out either

Me neither looked like a NL rider than someone who spent all last season there dont understand why Stormy didnt get 7 rides think we could have got 2 OR 3 points more .Harkness more astute at switching reserves around heat 8 and 11.

Wethers was ill apparently.

Edited by Gordon Bennett

Wether's was ill apparently.

Seen that later on another thread could have been told last night at meeting.

Seen that later on another thread could have been told last night at meeting.

not likely considering Scott Wilson failed to announce Ryan McDonald as berwicks number eight on parade Edited by abyassinian bandit

Plaudits to Mr Edberg, 3 race wins is impressive....

His guest appearance for Rye House a few weeks ago seems to have done him a world of good

Edberg was on fire.

It's all about consistency of course, but if he rode like that all, or even most of the time he'd be going places.

He was very impressive.

Regarding Wethers, he saw the doctor at the end of the meeting and was signed out of tonight's meeting. Most likely no one outside the Berwick management knew he was ill. Seems he was pretty bad, which makes his score even more impressive.

Vissing was rank. Doing a Wolbert. A performance from him could have changed everything.

A performance from him could have changed everything.

It may just have done but alas it didn't happen... to compare him to the way KW has performed over the season tho stinks! He's been superb over the length of our season and I would welcome him back to our team next season very happily...

Decent points haul for Berwick

Edited by Shads

gerwick can win the plat offs all points gained at the expence of the oppo are vital if it comes to for and against points. or do you want it in CAPITAL LETTERS. i will say it slowley for the hard of hearing. B E R W I C K C AN W I N T H I S . hope thats ok for you.

You were saying? 😜

Edberg was on fire.

It's all about consistency of course, but if he rode like that all, or even most of the time he'd be going places.

He was very impressive.

On fire? If he wasnt leading out turn 2 of the first lap he gave up and stopped. Rather have someone who gives his all no matter what position they are in leaving bend 2 of lap 1. Even some of the Berwick fans were saying the Team Manager lets him away with far to much of this

• Like 1

On fire? If he wasnt leading out turn 2 of the first lap he gave up and stopped. Rather have someone who gives his all no matter what position they are in leaving bend 2 of lap 1. Even some of the Berwick fans were saying the Team Manager lets him away with far to much of this

Agree he has a habit of not finishing races when not in a scoring position .Easy to look at the bike.
  • Like 2

Agree he has a habit of not finishing races when not in a scoring position .Easy to look at the bike.

Now the comparisons with Wolbert can begin!