British Speedway Forum
mudflaps

Peterborough Panthers 2015

Looks like its best to just pay at the gate this means the management are left with the decision of deciding if its worth the risk of making certain signings which leads to a possible budget team put together, the knock on effect could be very interesting for all parties involved

You cant make it one week, Illness, other committments, Holiday etc...Bang thats the saving gone. I would never invest in a season ticket at any Club. Tpo many things that could make me a miss a meeting or 2.

Season tickets may not have a big financial benefit.

Clubs could possibly increase the take up if they added some non/low cost incentives for season ticket holders, e.g. occasional centre green visits, reserved prime seating, etc.

• Like 1

If you ain't bothered about a programme but do pay to park, it's still cheaper to pay weekly.

Clubs could possibly increase the take up if they added some non/low cost incentives for season ticket holders, e.g. occasional centre green visits, reserved prime seating, etc.

Here is an original thought, how about they set the season ticket prices at a price that it makes sense to buy one

Here is an original thought, how about they set the season ticket prices at a price that it makes sense to buy one

Horton did that last year and it ended up with a November whip round amongst the fans as he was offski!

• Like 1

Horton did that last year and it ended up with a November whip round amongst the fans as he was offski!

The problem last year was 20% walked away as they did not want Premier League and Bosses adopted the attitude we are the Management we will do as we want and how dare you question us.

You really have to make it worthwhile to get a Season Ticket and that is not the case at the moment, for Gods Sake not rocket science.

I really would like to buy Season Tickets but cannot see the sense in doing so.

As regular season ticket purchasers (and we will get them for next season) NOT happy with your suggestions. :nono::nono:

• Occasional centre green visits - Having watched meetings from the centre green, and in the (very) distant past been on the centre green during Milton Keynes training sessions, don't see the attraction of standing on the centre green, you have to keep turning to follow the racing. :lol:
  • Reserved Prime seating that's a double whammy -
    • Could either end up in the cheap seats in front of the tapes - Not sure Trev would like us being that close to him!! :rofl:
    • or the really good seats in block D would start to get the Rif Raf in! :nono:
  • A really good incentive would be - ability to park inside the Showground - resulting in me not having to carry "she who dictates" - artic protection gear so far. :t:

I keep hoping the days of programs are numbered - would much prefer something to download to a tablet, smart phone etc. Even better do away with the Tannoy system and transmit each heat result via Bluetooth or wireless. No need for a fancy (or in Coventry's case, a rubbish electronic scoreboard). Yes we do have smartphones and Tablets, yes I do have pre configured spreadsheets on them for each match. We occasionally read the programmes but never fill them in (unless someone who shall be nameless forgets to charge her Tablet).

Tel

I do have a programme and I do pay to park.

We have 2 (season ticket holders)

But only ever read 1

I also have boxes of the damn things in the loft

Tel

Its quite simple really offer an obvious advantage to buying a season ticket. Seems a priority must be to get someone on board with ability in PR and Marketing. Woeful at the moment

As regular season ticket purchasers (and we will get them for next season) NOT happy with your suggestions. :nono::nono:

• Occasional centre green visits - Having watched meetings from the centre green, and in the (very) distant past been on the centre green during Milton Keynes training sessions, don't see the attraction of standing on the centre green, you have to keep turning to follow the racing. :lol:
    • Could either end up in the cheap seats in front of the tapes - Not sure Trev would like us being that close to him!! :rofl:
  • A really good incentive would be - ability to park inside the Showground - resulting in me not having to carry "she who dictates" - artic protection gear so far. :t:

I keep hoping the days of programs are numbered - would much prefer something to download to a tablet, smart phone etc. Even better do away with the Tannoy system and transmit each heat result via Bluetooth or wireless. No need for a fancy (or in Coventry's case, a rubbish electronic scoreboard). Yes we do have smartphones and Tablets, yes I do have pre configured spreadsheets on them for each match. We occasionally read the programmes but never fill them in (unless someone who shall be nameless forgets to charge her Tablet).

Tel

But only ever read 1

Tel

I hope that's wrong, personally I have collected the programme for every meeting I have attended since my first one in 1976, these are all completed and filed away (anorak I know).

It wouldn't be the same if all my collection was downloads on a tablet!!

Not a lot of fun going through an old set in the winter remembering certain meetings.

Tel

But only ever read 1

Tel

I cannot really disagree with any of the above and we have had ST pretty much since 1992, they do need to offer an incentive though and this years is a bit thin bearing in mind it's less matches than 2014 and £50 dearer.

They also need to take into account the fact that a lot of couples both have ST but don't need 2 programmes and only one car park pass.

• Like 1

I hope that's wrong, personally I have collected the programme for every meeting I have attended since my first one in 1976, these are all completed and filed away (anorak I know).

It wouldn't be the same if all my collection was downloads on a tablet!!

Not a lot of fun going through an old set in the winter remembering certain meetings.

I must confess I have previously gone out and bought Peterborough Speedway programmes going back to 1970 - way before I started following them.

There is a place for old stuff and new stuff - I have printed copies of the Maurice Jones Speedway Surveys, I also have an electronic (PDF) copy of one of the later speedway year books.

I would keep the programs, one day I might get round to scanning them and converting them using my OCR software.

Another option would be Programs available in PDF format - how about winter nights with an e-book reader or kindle. (Note to self 128gb memory stick on she "who dictates" tablet and I could browse them whilst flying on holiday!!). {Further note to self - that might be too sad!!!} :cry:

Tel :lol:

Don't mind getting a season ticket, as sure the extra money will be used by the club, for the good of the club.

• Like 1