British Speedway Forum
SCB

The "fans Trophy"

Your first post was post 42 which was about guests, and my reply in the second half of post 43 WAS about the use of guests. References about increased attendances was in reply to DaC's sarcasm and none acceptance of them.

You still haven't got the point of that initial post. Never mind, let's leave it there.

Yawn, DAC.

We know you don't like the play offs. Why don't you just go away? We use to have pages and pages of wingers like you when the play offs were first introduced but thankfully only a tiny percentage of the dinosaurs bothered putting fingers to keyboard. They've gone now and it's pretty much just down to you. Why hang about having a moan, just go like all the rest have. If you bring other family members to meetings, then take them with you.

I get the same thing from the lads at work about being a fan of wrestling. Pretty much every bout goes right down to the wire and the excitement is every bit as good as the play off run in.

Being a fan of the play off system I've badgered the powers that be to adopt a system that saw ever match decided at the business end. You basically multiply the loosing teams score in heat 15 by 2,3,4 or what ever it mathematically needs for them to potential win resulting in all meeting ending in last heat deciders. A dinosaur like you would winge about riders not trying in the earlier heats, blah blah blah. Every match being a last heat decider would bring the crowds in. The Aces would have "won" the match on Monday against the Bees if such a system was in place and this would have seen them leave the stadium happy and eager to return for the next fixture, probably with friends in tow. It would give the wrestling a run for its money in terms of shear excitement but I'm sure you'll bang on about it not being cricket old sport. Well it's not 'cause cricket is boring, just like you.

• Like 1

Yawn, DAC.

We know you don't like the play offs. Why don't you just go away? We use to have pages and pages of wingers like you when the play offs were first introduced but thankfully only a tiny percentage of the dinosaurs bothered putting fingers to keyboard. They've gone now and it's pretty much just down to you. Why hang about having a moan, just go like all the rest have. If you bring other family members to meetings, then take them with you.

I get the same thing from the lads at work about being a fan of wrestling. Pretty much every bout goes right down to the wire and the excitement is every bit as good as the play off run in.

Being a fan of the play off system I've badgered the powers that be to adopt a system that saw ever match decided at the business end. You basically multiply the loosing teams score in heat 15 by 2,3,4 or what ever it mathematically needs for them to potential win resulting in all meeting ending in last heat deciders. A dinosaur like you would winge about riders not trying in the earlier heats, blah blah blah. Every match being a last heat decider would bring the crowds in. The Aces would have "won" the match on Monday against the Bees if such a system was in place and this would have seen them leave the stadium happy and eager to return for the next fixture, probably with friends in tow. It would give the wrestling a run for its money in terms of shear excitement but I'm sure you'll bang on about it not being cricket old sport. Well it's not 'cause cricket is boring, just like you.

Oh dear. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :blink:

Oh dear. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :blink:

Yep, but he's not wrong.

Yawn, DAC.

IYO of course, I think Wrestling is Sh!te and your idea of close scores and multiple subtraction = mass X volume in heat 15 is ridiculous also.... How would that work??

One a..... Two a??:)

Yours faithfully

Terry Rex.

Have to say a great Whoosh from Ouch ..anyone would think that he was Drop a Cog :shock:

Ah what a woosher!!!! Top woosher :).....

Have to say a great Whoosh from Ouch ..anyone would think that he was Drop a Cog :shock:

aye, old fireside log was in like a shot, hmmm :)

I fully agree with the OP and in fact suggested something similar only a week or two ago.

Poole have finished top so the challenge is there for Pirates fans! regardless of whether you win the play offs, will you be clubbing together to give the club something to honor their top of the table finish?

You claim to be the biggest club with the biggest fan base, well lets see you set an example then!

Please do not come back and say it does not matter because you will win the play offs anyway, this is not about the play offs! its about recognizing that a team has over the course of a season has out performed their competition.

The BSPA wont ever do anything officially for fear that it might take some of the gloss of the play offs which might then put the sky deal in jeopardy?

• Like 1

The Rugby League table toppers trophy doesn't put their Sky deal in jeopardy.

IYO of course, I think Wrestling is Sh!te and your idea of close scores and multiple subtraction = mass X volume in heat 15 is ridiculous also.... How would that work??

One a..... Two a??:)

Yours faithfully

Terry Rex.

Dinosaur.

Anybody who cannot see the merits of a system that ensures a nail biting, to the wire end of a tournament is out of touch with modern day speedway. ELRC, British Final, etc, etc, geddit? If your struggling with my proposed inventive scoring in heat 15 then to make it simpler we can have a winner takes all heat 16. Tagging something extra on to the end of a contest is the way to go and mearly builds and the successful thinking used in the play offs.

We need to move this method into other areas of the sport and reap the rewards. Always look to be moving forward not backwards. Having said that the old method of determining the World Champion had a winner takes all final seeing Jersey shezsomebody and pop star Egon Muller claim the title.

Perhaps the GP series could learn a thing or two as they still adopt the lame method of accumulated scores over a season to find a "winner". Boring.

Anyway can't stop as iI'm off to the Town Hall for the wrestling.

The season has now come to a close and Poole have ended up the winners of the Elite League, I am not a Poole fan, so I am not doing out of love of the team but they finished top of the league and won.

This years play off's have become completely meaningless as the mojority of teams are missing to many riders and they are now being made up of guest riders to take thier places in the teams.

This season has been a long hard road for them and I really think that they could do better to just forget them and let the riders have a well deserved break.

So far we only have 1 team that has a full team line up, I hope it stays that way too, as there have been far to many bad accidents this year.

Dinosaur.

Anybody who cannot see the merits of a system that ensures a nail biting, to the wire end of a tournament is out of touch with modern day speedway. ELRC, British Final, etc, etc, geddit? If your struggling with my proposed inventive scoring in heat 15 then to make it simpler we can have a winner takes all heat 16. Tagging something extra on to the end of a contest is the way to go and mearly builds and the successful thinking used in the play offs.

We need to move this method into other areas of the sport and reap the rewards. Always look to be moving forward not backwards. Having said that the old method of determining the World Champion had a winner takes all final seeing Jersey shezsomebody and pop star Egon Muller claim the title.

Perhaps the GP series could learn a thing or two as they still adopt the lame method of accumulated scores over a season to find a "winner". Boring.

Anyway can't stop as iI'm off to the Town Hall for the wrestling.

At least try to make an effort so we might not think your not Drop a Clanger .

• Like 1

As I said before - a lot of people feel the same as me. Not everyone obviously. If you cannot see that all of this 'new stuff' isn't working - then you are fooling yourself. I am not saying I have all the answers - I DON'T. But to say that those who are leaving the Sport have a problem as opposed to the Sport itself having problems, then you must be deluded.

David Hemsley indicated at Leicesters final meeting that he felt the sport has problems. Too many people are doing whats best for them and not the sport

David Hemsley indicated at Leicesters final meeting that he felt the sport has problems. Too many people are doing whats best for them and not the sport

He's only saying what the fans have been saying for years.

• Like 1

Perhaps he is waking up and smelling the Coffee. :blink:

About time somebody did. :rolleyes::sad: :sad: