British Speedway Forum

Probably to big a gamble on a 7 thing is this is a UKBA directive that the BSPA are aware off and all promotions were instructed at the conference so the way i see it is unless young Allen has european roots then he will be assessed 7 as will Holder at Somerset.

At least Berwick have the luxury off restructuring there team if this is the case Somerset on the other hand have made a right royal off it by naming there full team outwith the permitted 42.5 for the second year running .

I am sure Nick is relieved he has come home.

That is my understanding regarding the UKBA,so how can these riders get a visa unless there is a loophole .Berwick state he meets the BSPA qualification for a visa as he finished in Top 4 in State Championship but it seems it's the BSPA that said it is on a5 point average, could the UKBA overrule the points average as they seem to be saying new riders must come in a7 point av. Edited by Fromafar

That is my understanding regarding the UKBA,so how can these riders get a visa unless there is a loophole .

Don't see it as the visa being the problem the way i see it is that the Border Agency have looked at Non EU riders coming over and have increased there average as a deterrent to clubs to look firstly at young brits and then young EU riders and so on.

My club have been guilty several times on bringing young Aussies over that have just not been good enough for every Nick or Josh there has been an O Malley or Penfold or Davey the new assessed 7 average will mean that clubs will think twice on introducing a young Aussie unless they are sure that they can meet there assessed average and that will mean they will be more careful on there due diligence process.

I have actually just worked it out

Including guest bookings I worked out that in the main body TJ averaged 6.62

At reserve he averaged 7.17

I used the stats from www.speedway-stats.co.uk

I think you need to do them again,Guest bookings don't count towards averages.

• Like 2

Just red the Bandits' Newsletter, unbelievable!

• Like 1

Brian Havelock. What a guy!!

• Like 2

What an absolute bell end Havelock is!

• Like 2

is redcar trying to put Berwick out of busness before the season starts wonder why kus was not in the list of riders signed at the start when the other 3 names where said

is redcar trying to put Berwick out of busness before the season starts wonder why kus was not in the list of riders signed at the start when the other 3 names where said

Don't worry, Berwick will track Kus on a loan deal, regardless of what someone wants for him. Slavery was abolished years ago.

• Like 3

It looks like to me that Redcar want to hold on to Kus , after Lawsons departure they've no intention of letting him go anywhere so they slap a massive transfer fee on his head

It looks like to me that Redcar want to hold on to Kus , after Lawsons departure they've no intention of letting him go anywhere so they slap a massive transfer fee on his head

No, I do't think they do want him, but are making it impossible for him to get a ride in this country, unless they can can fiddle £21k out of Berwick, which is never going to happen.