Gjedde asked to leave, he won the cup

and we won nowt - class!

....and we're still here. Proper class!

• Like 1

Rule 16.2.1 confirms applicable matches as

Premier League:

League Cup mini-League Meetings & regular League Meetings

and 16.2.9 confirms the number of fixtures

An EL or PL Rider starting the season with an Assessed MA will have a new Established MA

upon completing 4 Home and 4 Away fixtures, which becomes effective 7 days after the last

qualifying Meeting. Should an Established MA not be achieved in order to be effective from

1st May, then the MC may issue a revised MA, based upon actual rides if the Team redeclares.

Fair enough, must have changed the rules since 2013, I was going on what happened at Sheffield that year where it was 6 home and away league matches.

Answer this question,who gets dumped if he gets a new low average.Berwick don't do things like that do they?

I think as Neil previously suggested a 3 point rider would need to be signed to start the season and released once true averages are obtained. This could see Alex Edberg & Jake Allen at reserve depending on the make up of the top 5.
Although, making the change at the first opportunity is crucial. We did this in 2001 with the 3 czechs and it set the club up for years with having 3 good assets.
I would go with Taffy's idea of a Czech on a 5.00 too if available. Time for a glass half full approach and take a calculated risk, the other option of filling the team with 30+ year olds no one else wants does not appeal to me at all.

Just my opinon, though :)

• Like 1

I think as Neil previously suggested a 3 point rider would need to be signed to start the season and released once true averages are obtained. This could see Alex Edberg & Jake Allen at reserve depending on the make up of the top 5.

Although, making the change at the first opportunity is crucial. We did this in 2001 with the 3 czechs and it set the club up for years with having 3 good assets.

I would go with Taffy's idea of a Czech on a 5.00 too if available. Time for a glass half full approach and take a calculated risk, the other option of filling the team with 30+ year olds no one else wants does not appeal to me at all.

I don't really care whether we sign Jake or not ,my point is with rolling averages how do you win any matches if you are trying to strengthen your team even if your 3 pt man scores at all it does not help .We would have to take some heavy defeats + Jake could not afford to score many points or it would be a waste of time.If Jake does not achieve his 7 point average in 2 seasons will he get another visa.? As I have previously stated I think European options are better bet . Edited by Fromafar

And where are the club he won the cup with now ?

The same place as yours will be this time next year, probably!

The same place as yours will be this time next year, probably!

Great news Newport are coming back to the PL then are they.

Great news Newport are coming back to the PL then are they.

That'll be nice. One of my favourite away days

Not Usually unless you are Charlie Gjedde off course he performed on a par as Wolbert done for us last season you done the right thing and got shot off the under performing No 1 we had to watch Wolbert all season.

Surely you knew he was dropping his average, as Gjedde was at Berwick :shock::shock:

Am I getting a tick Scott :D

wots up nae news from the Berwick conner about the team for the new season

Surely you knew he was dropping his average, as Gjedde was at Berwick :shock::shock:

There was the odd little hint , yes